Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overlooked rappers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Shad, Shad, Shad...

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    a friend of mine is a uber Chino fan and makes me listen to all his albums, there are some brief moments of brilliance on Poison Pen and I Told You So but mostly horrible.

his most recent one is dire, in fact mu Chino lovin pal is still trying to convince himself that it's good :)

something else that jumps out from Neamhshuntasach's list is the Grouch and Eligh, i've heard alot from thier new album and it's really impressive. need to get my hands on the full album

I like i told you so,''nunca'' is crazy!!
    Poison pen is decent enough,''wordsmith'' and beastin' are godly!

yeah grouch is a good rapper,''**** the dumb'' is a nice album and his stuff with the living legends is well worth checking out!

By the way another overlooked mc, Qwel, that dude is a beast!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

horsebox09 wrote: »
    I like i told you so,''nunca'' is crazy!!
    Poison pen is decent enough,''wordsmith'' and beastin' are godly!

yeah grouch is a good rapper,''**** the dumb'' is a nice album and his stuff with the living legends is well worth checking out!

By the way another overlooked mc, Qwel, that dude is a beast!

Qwel is seriously good, been listening to a lot of him lately

yeah he's an animal,i love his stuff with the typical cats and his solo stuff is great aswell.
    Great punchline rapper when he 1st started out ''just because i stand over you doesn't mean you understand me'' ''i won like 3/3''
    Think he brought out a new album last year but i haven't heard it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Chino is an amazing lyricist when it comes to putting together brilliant and clever punchlines and metaphors. He has some great tracks over his career but he lacks something. He's just not a compete MC. But i must admitt i do love listening to him when i wanna hear some intelligent lines. Something sacred was crap. I was impressed with that 90 bars of intervention from The Ricanstruction though.

• Advertisement

Chino is an amazing lyricist when it comes to putting together brilliant and clever punchlines and metaphors. He has some great tracks over his career but he lacks something. He's just not a compete MC. But i must admitt i do love listening to him when i wanna hear some intelligent lines. Something sacred was crap. I was impressed with that 90 bars of intervention from The Ricanstruction though.

Defienitly one of the best mc's when it comes to punchlines and similes,but your right he does lack something and i can't put my finger on it.
    I think he trys to attack the beat too much,some of his tracks sound very similar aswell.
    Last thing i heard from chino was a freestyle with crooked i and i thought it was good.

Advertisement