Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Suicide by car crash

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

cancelled wrote: »
    I can't get out of my mind how the other driver must have been feeling at that moment. It's terrifying.

Honestly I can't imagine putting my family through the grief of me actually going through with it and committing suicide by that method.

It's the thought of their pain and possibly involving some poor innocent person in the act that has stopped me up to now. Each day gets worse and worse though. Like I said previously I'm very convincing as the relatively happy person that everyone sees on a daily basis. It's tough though. If I'm going through this then I'm full sure there are thousands of others going through the same. It's scary to say the least.
    I can't even begin to think how difficult it must be to keep going, and this isn't personal issues, but it would be so much worse for your family if you weren't around.

Dealing with long term illness/injury is fairly hard at the best of times, never mind what you have going on on top of it.

Try the Long Term Illness Forum for some advice, they could be very helpful to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 cancelled

ninty9er wrote: »
    I can't even begin to think how difficult it must be to keep going, and this isn't personal issues, but it would be so much worse for your family if you weren't around.

Dealing with long term illness/injury is fairly hard at the best of times, never mind what you have going on on top of it.

Try the Long Term Illness Forum for some advice, they could be very helpful to you.

I don't want to go down the whole "personal issues" avenue tbh, I just figured maybe some of the petrol heads on here might read my story and either think twice about doing something themselves or maybe think a bit harder about people they know, and maybe pay a little bit extra attention to family and friends.

I'm glad the OP posted on this topic though, it's relevant unfortunately.

Well, my painkillers have kicked in so I'm off to bed. Night night everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

It's the thought of their pain and possibly involving some poor innocent person in the act that has stopped me up to now.
    I know a guy who's car went out of control and one of his passengers was killed. It's very difficult to deal with, and it'll never leave him, but knowing that people are there to talk to, even if he doesn't want to take them up on it is very helpful.

It's really difficult to know what to say to you, but like psni said, go to PI...even telling your story on Boards is probably therapeutic to you in some sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

ottostreet wrote: »
    yeah but the thing is...how can ya be sure the crash will kill ya? drive into a wall at 90...there is still a very very small chance youll survive!

zero chance of survival tbh

if you drove a 7 series, Phaeton, S class into a wall at 90

you would most likely die, at the very least you would probably be paralyzed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

I can't get out of my mind how the other driver must have been feeling at that moment. It's terrifying.

Honestly I can't imagine putting my family through the grief of me actually going through with it and committing suicide by that method.

It's the thought of their pain and possibly involving some poor innocent person in the act that has stopped me up to now. Each day gets worse and worse though. Like I said previously I'm very convincing as the relatively happy person that everyone sees on a daily basis. It's tough though. If I'm going through this then I'm full sure there are thousands of others going through the same. It's scary to say the least.

sorry to hear your plight, terribly sad

some very good advice on boards as psni said so loads on here for advice.

hope all ends up well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 AÆ

I was with an old friend and coming back from a club one night he drove towards a wall and then braked......really unnerved me.....didnt think much of it afterwards until he killed himself (gun) a few months later. So yes, i do think that suicides do happen with the use of a motorvehicle.

Cancelled....sorry to hear your story.....Keep strong.

Advertisement