Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachael English should replace Marian full-time

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

I've always liked her style of presenting, she's clever but with personality. She's been presenting the Marian Finucane show (the Sat/Sun show when Tubridy got her spot) for the last few weeks, and she's done a good job. In these recessionary times, is it time to put Marian out to pasture, save the state a few quid, and give Rachael the job?

Marian was always okay, except for a) her recorded "And a very good morning to you" which really irks me b) the fact that she gets paid an absolute fortune of the taxpayers money and c) her tendency to go falsetto for dramatic effect.

Very good point.She should have her own show at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Very good point.She should have her own show at the weekend.

She does have her own show at the weekend. She presents Saturday view on Saturday at 1PM. Took over the slot from Rodney Rice. Still the consummate professional, lively, engaging, and able to ask the right question at the right time in the debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Cunsiderthis

As Marion has 13 weeks off each summer, with 2 weeks( ie 6 shows) holiday fro Christmas and easter, and a week for half term in Oct/Nov ( another 4 shows done by someone else) and a week for half term in February ( another 4 shows done by someone else), it's a wonder the show can be called teh "marion Finucane show" at all.

I calculate she is off more than 24 weekends out of every 52, and i agree she probably needs a lot of time off from the rigours of boadcasting 4 hours a week for the weeks she is on duty.

Incidentally, if she works 28 weekends a year, broadcasting for 4 hours a weekend, this means she broadcasts for a total of 112 hours per year. As she is reported to be paid +- €450 000 per annum, thats a rate of over €4000 per broadcasting hour.

Can anyone think of someone better paid than that?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Did she not present some religious programming on tv as well? Still vastly overpaid of course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Cunsiderthis

Aidric wrote: »
    Did she not present some religious programming on tv as well? Still vastly overpaid of course.

You mean she might work a little more than 112 hours a year for +-€450 000 ?

Advertisement