Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Father prays daughter to death

Options
  • 02-08-2009 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

click
    A man in the US accused of killing his 11-year-old diabetic daughter by praying instead of seeking medical care has been found guilty of second-degree reckless homicide.

Dale Neumann, 47, was convicted over the death of his daughter, Madeline, from undiagnosed diabetes.

Prosecutors contended he should have rushed the girl to a hospital because she couldn't walk, talk, eat or drink. Instead, Madeline died on the floor of the family's rural home as people surrounded her and prayed. Someone called an ambulance when she stopped breathing/

/Their case is believed to be the first in the midwestern state of Wisconsin involving faith healing in which someone died and another person was charged with a homicide.

Last month, a jury in the western US state of Oregon convicted a man of misdemeanour criminal mistreatment for relying on prayer instead of seeking medical care for his 15-month-old daughter who died of pneumonia and a blood infection in March 2008. Both of the girl's parents were acquitted of a more serious manslaughter charge.

:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,071 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

idiots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

People surrounded her but only one person got convicted?

I wonder who the others were. Most likely the rest of the family but not much info in the article

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Why are these people allowed to have children? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

mikemac wrote: »
    People surrounded her but only one person got convicted?

I wonder who the others were. Most likely the rest of the family but not much info in the article

I'd say the father is in trouble because he's the legal guardian of the child.

Seriously though, these fcuking morons should be made to take an intelligence test before they are allowed to have children. It's a bloody disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

bronte wrote: »
    Nazi's gave Eugenics a bad name I guess?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

idiots

Amen to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

I despair when I read something like that. The newspapers are full of woe today. I might just close the curtains, turn on the TV and ignore the rest of the world for the day. Maybe a nice walk before dinner, read my book, do some gardening. Ahh, life is good again.:)

*Please excuse my ramblings.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

This is what you'd expect from the history books, not "the West".

Religious leaders *need* to come out publicly and loudly and repeatedly to nip this in the bud and keep it nipped. To tell their flock to take the clearly ill and suffering in their care to a hospital or doctor in these cases. They can pray in the ambulance or at the hospital. "God helps those that help themselves", no?

Where religious leaders refuse, they should be co-prosecuted and membership of their congregation should be used as a weighting factor by social services to intervene and take guardianship of the young or otherwise vulnerable person.

And may she rest in peace, poor kid. Her and the 15 month old, also mentioned in the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

He should have been shot in the ****** and told pray to his so called god for healing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

cruiser178 wrote: »
    He should have been shot in the ****** and told pray to his so called god for healing

Maybe he was praying he wouldn't get shot in the ******.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

cHaTbOx wrote: »
    Nazi's gave Eugenics a bad name I guess?

Hey now let's not throw out the baby with the bath water.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Just read this story this morning. Here's a picture of this nutcase in court smiling:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8180116.stm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Common Sense - Zero
    Religious Nut Balls - 12,425,235,987

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

What. The. Fuck. How could somebody be so deeply deluded that their religious belief over rides their parental instincts? Like, how could anybody sit and watch an eleven year old die on the floor? I have to stop clicking news related threads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

Thats really unfair. It was clearly God's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭donkey balls

was there not a court case here about a child that needed a blood transfusion and the parents refused because of there religious belives.

where if the child did not get the transfusion they would die FFS there is some looneys out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭ihadu

This is what you'd expect from the history books, not "the West".

Religious leaders *need* to come out publicly and loudly and repeatedly to nip this in the bud and keep it nipped. To tell their flock to take the clearly ill and suffering in their care to a hospital or doctor in these cases. They can pray in the ambulance or at the hospital. "God helps those that help themselves", no?

Where religious leaders refuse, they should be co-prosecuted and membership of their congregation should be used as a weighting factor by social services to intervene and take guardianship of the young or otherwise vulnerable person.

And may she rest in peace, poor kid. Her and the 15 month old, also mentioned in the OP.

and admit this hocuspocus nonsense is just that. their flock should grow up, take ownership of their lives and realise theyve wasted their short time on this earth dreaming about some fantasy land that doesn't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

If there is a God, he wouldn't bestow the gift of children on pr1cks like that. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

he makes me sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

So wait, a court who asks people to swear to a god that they tell the truth punish a man who prayed to the same omnipotent god (a god who is supposed to decide to take someone up to heaven or not) not to take his daughter.
    Seriously?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

AH just loves to hate religion

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I agree its stupid and I think its right that he got charged, but if he can be prosecuted then why cant they prosecute people in other religions who refuse transplants and blood transfusions??
    Seems a bit hypocritical to me. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Serve him right. Gets what he deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

What is it with these people? Hello, you're supposed to call the ambulance before the person stops breathing. Dumbasses. :mad:

Jen ;->

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Dean09 wrote: »
    I agree its stupid and I think its right that he got charged, but if he can be prosecuted then why cant they prosecute people in other religions who refuse transplants and blood transfusions??

Or wears a T-shirt proclaiming
    Homosexuality is a sin, Islam is Evil and abortion is murder
    :rolleyes:

Allowed on the grounds of religion by the US courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Dean09 wrote: »

Well the courts can force a parent to allow a child to get transplants I believe. In all of this I just don't understand how the court can not see it's hypocritical stance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

And if you think that what you think is true,
    if you found peace deep inside of you,
    if your faith made a mountain move for you then,
    don't forget to pray for me, hear me now
    if you think that jesus has saved you,
    mother mary is waiting there for you,
    if you think that god has spoke to you then,
    don't forget to pray for me, hear me now
    pray for me,
    pray for me,
    if you really do believe,
    then don't forget to pray for me,
    hear me now
    if you think there's heaven when you die,
    waiting for your freedom for your life,
    when you pray does allah answer you,
    then don't forget to pray for me, hear me now
    and if you live in the promised land,
    and your temple will be built again,
    if moses brought you out of pharaoh's hands,
    [ King's X Lyrics are found on
    then don't forget to pray for me, hear me now
    pray for me,
    pray for me,
    hear me now
    you know, every day i look at god,
    all around me, so near yet so far,
    if you think you're better off than me,
    hear me now
    pray for me,
    pray for me,
    hear me now
    umm, umm..........
    don't forget to pray for me,
    hear me now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

bronte wrote: »

Forced castration FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Jenroche wrote: »
    What is it with these people? Hello, you're supposed to call the ambulance before the person stops breathing. Dumbasses. :mad:

Jen ;->

But how else do you dispose of a body?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

But how else do you dispose of a body?

Hungry boars/pigs come to mind as well as a deep hole and lime!
    Then there is a liquid acid bath...

There's so many ways... :rolleyes:

:D

Advertisement