Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I got a retro bargin!!

Options
  • 02-08-2009 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Hi

Have been living in London for the past few months and I think the work retro there just means old or ****............ I can not find any collectors

Bought a megadrive 2, a nomad and 23 games for 30 pounds. Just looked on adverts.ie and saw someone selling a nomad for 250 euro on its own...

Also bought a master system with 10 games for 6 pounds.

Got a NES and N64 for 10 pounds ( for both )

It is brilliant.............

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Thank you. For making us all feel sad :(

I know what you mean though. I go over to liverpool a few times a year (not for football btw) and yes, stuff is dirt cheap there. Plus people look at you when you buy it as if to say why would you want that crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,291 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

you fecker, 69 euro only got me a nomad last night on ebay and i was delighted! not so much now......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Pay no attention to the prices some people try to sell stuff for on Adverts.

Well done, nice find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

A tenner for a NES and N64. That's a great bargain. :pac:. Good find.

I'm trying to find a 72 pin connector for my NES and I was expecting to pay €15 for it.

I saw an Atari 2600 boxed for a tener in a charity shop a few days ago. The box was cellotaped shut so I didn't see what was inside. Hope it went to someone good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

And you didnt buy it?! where was it

Nah I didn't buy it. I only ever played the 2600jr and I doubt I'd get much out of one today. If it was a jr I'd have got for the colours but I just know I wouldn't use it.

It's gone now cause I called in again today. I think it was a SVP Vincent's around Aungier St.

I think the best bargain I ever got was Siphon Filter on Ps1 for £.05p in Gamestation in Glasgow.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

£.05p lol,now that's a bargain for a cracking game.

Apparently it was a "write off". Don't know what that means with regards to Playstation games but it plays fine. Also got a memory card for 99pence. Their other PS1 games had proper prices on them though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I think I have the best deal, got my NES II for €5 with 5 games because the lady "didn't know what it was" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Tallon wrote: »
    I think I have the best deal, got my NES II for €5 with 5 games because the lady "didn't know what it was" :pac:

:O

Wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Ron DMC wrote: »
    :O

Wow.

Yep :)
    found my old thread on the Nintendo forum...
    Tallon wrote: »
    Guess how much I just paid for this?

NES 2 (Toploader)
    1 x Original Pad
    1 x SNES Pad
    1 x Original Gun
    ALL original books/guarantee
    6 Games
    .Super mario 3
    .Wizards & Warriors
    .Hudsons Adventure island
    .Super mario bros / Duck hunt (2 in one)
    .The legend of Zelda

2896586756_ddb9e9dd84.jpg

Advertisement