Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NES 2

Options
  • 29-09-2008 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭

Guess how much I just paid for this?

NES 2 (Toploader)
    1 x Original Pad
    1 x SNES Pad
    1 x Original Gun
    ALL original books/guarantee
    6 Games
    .Super mario 3
    .Wizards & Warriors
    .Hudsons Adventure island
    .Super mario bros / Duck hunt (2 in one)
    .The legend of Zelda

2896586756_ddb9e9dd84_b.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Im guessing because its propably so rare in the region of E600

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Eh, try €5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Tallon wrote: »
    Eh, try €5

ASphincterSaysWhat?

EDIT: When you plug it in, does it work? :P

chin_grin wrote: »
    ASphincterSaysWhat?

EDIT: When you plug it in, does it work? :P

Hahaha, YEAH, Believe it or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Is one of the buttons on the NES pad broken? That might explain the 'few quid' they knocked off the price. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I have never seen one of those before!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Hahaha, YEAH, Believe it or not...

Oh, well I still hate you in awe.....nice.

Yeah, never saw one of those either. Had to wiki it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NES_2

It was only released in the US, back in 1993/94. So that would be a NTSC NES you have there. I can also tell by the oval Nintendo seal on the Mario 3 cart. It doesn't have the infamous security chip so the blinking power light problem doesn't occur on them.

These consoles only have RF out, do you have a multi-standard TV or something? Most European TVs on the market at the moment will take a baseband (AV) NTSC signal but not from RF.

javaboy wrote: »
    Is one of the buttons on the NES pad broken? That might explain the 'few quid' they knocked off the price. :pac:

Yeah it is..

Story is, I was at a market at the weekend and my GF goes, "theres a NES pad sticking out of that suitcase" and she picked it up, I asked the lady, "how much?" and she goes €5, and I thought she meant just for the pad, but she was talking about the whole suitcase.... she goes, "Its just a box of wires"

LOL
    :)

I love my GF, and equally honest (un-knowledgeable)people just trying to make a few bob....

Yeah it is..

Story is, I was at a market at the weekend and my GF goes, "theres a NES pad sticking out of that suitcase" and she picked it up, I asked the lady, "how much?" and she goes €5, and I thought she meant just for the pad, but she was talking about the whole suitcase.... she goes, "Its just a box of wires"

LOL
    :)

I love my GF, and equally honest (un-knowledgeable)people just trying to make a few bob....

Why haven't you popped the question yet? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Same as above.

The girl knows what a NES pad is and you still have not secured her services for life???

You don't know the half,this year she bought me my PSP, got me a dreamcast bundle for €20 and on top of that she BROUGHT ME TO LEGOLAND!

wow

I just shed a tear

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭jao

im holding out for the lego diamond

• Registered Users Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I am super Jealous, but thats not a snes pad, they had 4 buttons.

Even if it didnt work thats a good deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 rover84

thats not a snes pad, they had 4 buttons.

Ye thats some crappy knock off pad. Also youre B button on the nes pad is broken, thats the most important button.

They saw you coming

Pigeon :pac:

I am super Jealous, but thats not a snes pad, they had 4 buttons.

Even if it didnt work thats a good deal

I think he meant the SNES style NES pad that came out with the toploader.

I think he meant the SNES style NES pad that came out with the toploader.

Yeah, I meant SNES replica, the NES2 Did come with it as standard, its not a knockoff just designed to be better grip and more appealing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Eh, try €5
    wow, thats very impressive, I guess I was a bit off with 500, ebay was it?

1huge1 wrote: »
    wow, thats very impressive, I guess I was a bit off with 500, ebay was it?

No. See post #10. It was a market and the seller simply had no idea what they had.

I don't know what the going rate is for a toploader in such good condition but I'm betting it's a lot more than €5!

No. See post #10. It was a market and the seller simply had no idea what they had.

I don't know what the going rate is for a toploader in such good condition but I'm betting it's a lot more than €5!

Deffo
    €6

hahaha, no id say its worth a good bit, I wanna hang on to it anyway. im slowley collecting old consoles, my house mate thinks im a lunatic because we have all of them emulated on the xbox, but i LOVE the hardware :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Deffo
    €6

hahaha, no id say its worth a good bit, I wanna hang on to it anyway. im slowley collecting old consoles, my house mate thinks im a lunatic because we have all of them emulated on the xbox, but i LOVE the hardware :)

Are the control pad connections the same as the normal NES? Can't make it out for sure on the picture. If so then you'll be able to pick up another NES controller for little on e-bay.
    I have the NES Advantage in perfect condition at home! Must look for it actually. Last time I turned on the NES it had the blinking power light problem. Any fix for that?

Biro wrote: »
    Are the control pad connections the same as the normal NES? Can't make it out for sure on the picture. If so then you'll be able to pick up another NES controller for little on e-bay.
    I have the NES Advantage in perfect condition at home! Must look for it actually. Last time I turned on the NES it had the blinking power light problem. Any fix for that?

They are the same connections, think of the SNES 2 as a PSone, same thing, just trying to sell more units

Yeah, there is a fix for it, google will find it...

:( sad face....

Plugged in the gun last night and duck hunt & it didnt work :(

Are you using an LCD or plasma TV? The NES gun doesn't work with them. :(

I have a Plasma, but i havnt tried it on that yet, I know they dont work on them, I tried it on a little 14" portable :(

Ill try a couple more TV's before i get the screwdriver

Anyone any pads lyin around I could salvage the buttons from?
    Or lovely working pads they wanna give me? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,554 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Karsini wrote: »
    It doesn't have the infamous security chip so the blinking power light problem doesn't occur on them.

A what now?
    I have two Pal Nes consoles and both have the blinking power light issue.
    My brother replaced the cart connector in one of them, but it still does the whole blinking light, blinking screen crap.
    What's this business of a security chip?
    Is there a sure fire way of fixing my Nes?

Help please.

Also, sorry for hijacking the thread

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A what now?
    I have two Pal Nes consoles and both have the blinking power light issue.
    My brother replaced the cart connector in one of them, but it still does the whole blinking light, blinking screen crap.
    What's this business of a security chip?
    Is there a sure fire way of fixing my Nes?

Help please.

Also, sorry for hijacking the thread

Yeah, the chips were defective, dont know how to replace them or even if its a big deal though! you should look into it though. wanna sell me one :0

Advertisement