Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

bugatti-veyron?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Wibbs wrote: »
    Look at the top gear "shootout" recently. Yes the Bugatti won, but only just and it took it's sweet time doing so. The Bugatti was noticeably slower off the line. It had more horsepower and four wheel drive and 10 odd years of development on it, yet the Mclaren bereft of all the overengineering had it by the nuts up to 140+ MPH.

The Stig in the F1 and Hammond in the Veyron might have played a part in the F1 going faster off the line too, i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Biro wrote: »
    Nick Mason is the man. Everyone spouts on about Jay Kay when it comes to car collections. Jay Kay is a tosser. Nick is the real car nut! he probably has an Octavia 1.9 Tee Dee eye, with a massive boot. What car nut wouldn't? :D

car

That man likes to fly his helicopter....... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Having seen two of them up close I have to disagree. I've had the horn for the Veyron since I first heard about it in 2002. The finish and detail surpass that of any other hypercar - the comfort, ergonomics and opulence will never be equaled. Have a look at the vid I took when they showed the only Irish one in Galway. When I win the Lotto I'm buying an LP640 though...

Clicky make go biggy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I'd have a Zonda F over a Veyron, but if you wanted one to cross europe in true comfort then its the Veyron.
    You mean a camper van

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

A lot of people are giving out about the styling of the Veryon, I like it

In black it looks like a real life Batmobile and that brings out the innner child in me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Pimpey wrote: »
    In black it looks like a real life Batmobile and that brings out the innner child in me

What version of batman have you been watching?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Quint wrote: »
    You mean a camper van

Ha, sorry I meant to say at over 200mph........:P

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭cps_goodbuy

This talk of the Von being underwelming, design wise, and not looking like a real or pure race/sports car? What were you people expecting, its not supposed to be overwelming or "shouty" like a stripped out racer... I mean, its more a merc/RR than something like a gumpert.

porsche gt carrera for the win?

+1000 for the Von as an engineering/luxury/achievement masterpiece

• Registered Users Posts: 64,835 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Biro wrote: »
    Nick Mason is the man.

I thought I saw him yesterday. Driving a V8 Vantage cabrio. But then again, if it was Nick Mason, he probably wouldn't listen to his own music then, or would he? :confused:

The sound system sounded superb btw.
    Having seen two of them up close I have to disagree. I've had the horn for the Veyron since I first heard about it in 2002. The finish and detail surpass that of any other hypercar - the comfort, ergonomics and opulence will never be equaled. Have a look at the vid I took when they showed the only Irish one in Galway. When I win the Lotto I'm buying an LP640 though...

Agreed and agreed :)

To me the Murcielago is the only truly stunning looking supercar of the last decade, or even longer.

Advertisement