Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMSAT (Dublin 2010)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MRon8

Hi All,

I am a 22 year old Commerce Graduate, who is just about to complete a Masters in Business Studies, but alas I cannot get a job! I am seriously thinking about sitting next years GAMSATS in Dublin, but I am unclear about a number of things and would like some advice if anyone is willing to help.

First of all, I am wondering if I would be out of my depth in studying for the GAMSATs. I am a disciplined, dedicated studier and I would allocate 5 or 6 intense months of study to the exam but the problem is I have not studied Biology or Chemistry since my Junior Cert. I completed my LC in 2005 and I got 560 points, and an A2 in Physics so I would not be too worried about the Physics aspect of things. But would it be possible to bring my Chem & Bio up to an adequate level without a background in either? And if I was to attempt to tackle each of these subject areas, what would be the best way to start? Meticulous study of the recommended text books with one eye on exam papers or what?

Also, I am fearful that if college fees are re-introduced would that spell an end to the days of the Government subsidising half the GEM fees? How are people who have taken out huge student debts to complete the course faring financially? Is the huge financial burden worthwhile?

Thanks for Reading!
    M

Advertisement