Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The vegged up 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

That sounds realllly good. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

So, I decided to make a pizza from scratch today. It was gonna be fantastic - all gluten free, dairy free and meat free - OM NOM.

And here was the result:

SDC12795.jpg

FAIL.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

LOL <3

Love making pizza, what was up with yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Hotaru wrote: »
    So, I decided to make a pizza from scratch today. It was gonna be fantastic - all gluten free, dairy free and meat free - OM NOM.

And here was the result:

SDC12795.jpg

FAIL.

Maybe post the recipe so we can do a post mortem - looks like it died from natural causes:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I'm sure it still tasted lovely :confused:

• Advertisement

the bit where its all over the plate broken up doesnt sound like it :D

Oh it would've been fine if I had just put the damned thing on a baking tray instead of straight on the wire grill yokes :p

I opened up the oven after about 15mins and it had collapsed and crumbled into a heap of pizza mess on the oven floor >.<

omg lol!
    Somebody is new to cooking. Also, oil the tray next time as well.

omg lol!
    Somebody is new to cooking. Also, oil the tray next time as well.

I'm actually quite a good cook!

Just a bit retarded sometimes :D

shure shure, prove it! a most delicious bet has been made which will result in me eating.

it looked good when I jigsawed it back together though :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Wedges with garlic powder, smoked paprika and chilli powder for me (nomnomnom) and kidney beam chilli. Mixed in a couple spoons of soy bran as well which was grand and a nice protein boost (15%) but it's given the left-overs a not very appealing looking texture

Smoked tofu stir-fry with lots of veggies, soya sauce and rice noodles - OM NOM :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

garlic.

garlic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Wedges with garlic powder, smoked paprika and chilli powder for me (nomnomnom) and kidney beam chilli. Mixed in a couple spoons of soy bran as well which was grand and a nice protein boost (15%) but it's given the left-overs a not very appealing looking texture

Just ate the leftovers there, my worries were unfounded, it's nicer now than it was yesterday, gave it a nice hearty texture, kind of nutty. That soy bran came from holland and barret by the look of it, worth buying I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I had a veggie beanburger, in a wholemeal pitta, with a dollop of tzatziki, loads of rocket/baby spinach leaves, and home made tomato salsa.

Yum! I'm getting hungry again just thinking about it :(

lentil soup \o/ no garlic.

maameeo wrote: »
    lentil soup \o/ no garlic.

How do you make that? Puurrrlease?

well moonbaby, i gots the lentils and made them go hot and bubbly with water and fire in a pot (technical mumbo jumbo) :) then i added a vegan soup mix (id no veg stock) so more water then and paul chopped up mushrooms in nice sliver pieces (nyom nyom) and we chucked then in, stir stir stir then ate :)

nothing amazing, but yeay, i maka the soupa!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 AVL5

Over the weekend I improvised something using what I had in the fridge: 1 box of lentils, 1 pack of tofu cut in small pieces, 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped big garlic clove, a few chopped tomatoes. For the sauce, I used organic ketchup, a bit of soy sauce and about 1 teaspoon of "pimenta malagueta" (very tasty/spicy Brazilian pepper sauce - can be found in Brazilian shops here in Dublin). Yummy :)

• Advertisement

Korma for me, I made enough for 6 people, i've barely made a dent and am collapsing, whooooooops

sooooooo good

snap!

Korma for me, also made a ton, mine was awesome though coz my housemate left me a note to say so :P

/searches frantically for note and frame

I'm sure my housemate would do the same ;_;
    If I let her out of the kitchen.

/searches frantically for shackles

korma time again -_-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

Yesterday and the day before! Was in Glasgow so went with my friend to my beloved Stereo the first day.

I had the bean ball wrap and smoked chilli soup...

DC4623B5812A430E8E9A3CD75BF78EF4-500.jpg

It was great.

My friend had a beetroot and pinenut tart with potato cakes which was apparently very nice.

F826701117F741A997DB3682C6A4BAEA-500.jpg

Next day we were in Mono and I got a roast veg pie with chips and salad.

91DFA833ED954B80AE5711D344E52A9B-500.jpg

There was dessert too, cheesecake and chocolate torte. They were very pretty but I didn't want to take a picture because the staff were right there and my camera is huge and conspicuous and I didn't want them thinking I was a journo!

Anyway, I'm now certain, Stereo has the best vegan food in Glasgow. It is amazing. I've been to Glasgow three times and I've surmised that eating is the most fun you can have there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I want to go back! Looks delicious Donnie :) Somthing to dream about tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Gauge wrote: »
    I had a veggie beanburger, in a wholemeal pitta, with a dollop of tzatziki, loads of rocket/baby spinach leaves, and home made tomato salsa.

Yum! I'm getting hungry again just thinking about it :(

that sounds so amazing!

There is no food in my house at the moment to eat. I had a pre packed mushroom risotto...I put it in the pan and was getting excited, noticed it smelled funny, went off last october. Sick.

Now popping popcorn before the gym. Nice and healthy. :(

Yesterday after the gym I panfried two quorn sausages, then chopped them up into little discs. Added a yellow and green pepper and half a courgette, pan fried with a little soy sauce and some erbs, put in a wrap with some sweet chilli sauce...gorgeous!

Quorn mince, mixed veg, kidney beans, cummin and soy sauce and cummin and soy sauce and mashed potatoes and cummin :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Veggie green curry with courgettes and broccoli and long grain rice and naan bread. Mmmm.

All I ate was cumin. Then a fry later on. You veggie Extra? :)

Vegan vegetable lasagne
    35753_1551680470722_1196435771_1531823_5436088_n.jpg
    And vegan jam doughnuts :D 24 of them, all eaten within 20 minutes! Best fresh :)
    36209_1551677470647_1196435771_1531815_83848_n.jpg
    36478_1551677550649_1196435771_1531816_2947059_n.jpg

Those doughnuts look exciting!

For the past three days I've had sweet potato and kidney bean soup. You can't see the beans, they're hiding at the bottom.

A85A06F12C0042ABB1BA50A19495E603-500.jpg

oooh that soup sounds good!

Sweet potato soup is the king of all soups.

Because it's really hard to mess up :P

• Advertisement

Ye must look into trying that, and anything with beans in it is win..mmmmm

I love sweet potato in lorma...think Ill make korma tonight

I have a blender you can borrow.

parsnips in soup is the nicest.

thanks -_- If you lend me an ear I can teach you how to make the soup.

Parsnips?! I wouldn't know I guess.

You can have the deaf one.
    And I know how to make soup! How can you not, you just cook stuff and blend it.

yes coz they're sweet.

but I like the other one more. I know my ears /perfect ears

Dont think you cook stuff then blend it. Show me yer trick.

I must make the best soup so. haw

• Advertisement

I'm going to make stuffed courgettes tonight.
    Cook some quorn mince with onions, peppers. Scoop out a few courgettes, chop them up into the mince, put the cooked mixture into the courgettes...sprinkle over some crumbled feta and bake in the oven for 20 minutes!

I look forward to a photo kellief!

Donnie - I can now compare to the elegant Glasgow meal above! Was at Zilli Green, a vegetarian restaurant in London today, which has a vegan head chef.

Tagliatelle, Porcini Mushrooms and White Truffle Oil for dinner (vegan)
    38465_1555637529646_1196435771_1542198_4004367_n.jpg
    And lemon and fruit cake for dessert with the remains of a delicious "Zillicious" cocktail (both vegan)
    37594_1555637689650_1196435771_1542199_7514470_n.jpg
    What a meal! Not cheap at all, but worth it!!

Garlic cheese chips :)

I look forward to a photo kellief!

Donnie - I can now compare to the elegant Glasgow meal above! Was at Zilli Green, a vegetarian restaurant in London today, which has a vegan head chef.

Tagliatelle, Porcini Mushrooms and White Truffle Oil for dinner (vegan)
    38465_1555637529646_1196435771_1542198_4004367_n.jpg
    And lemon and fruit cake for dessert with the remains of a delicious "Zillicious" cocktail (both vegan)
    37594_1555637689650_1196435771_1542199_7514470_n.jpg
    What a meal! Not cheap at all, but worth it!!

omg wow, there should be more vegan restaurants, that food looks fabulous!

Tagliatelle, Porcini Mushrooms and White Truffle Oil for dinner (vegan)!

Was there a distinctive flavour from the truffle oil? It was probably that what made it so expensive! I've heard it's delicious.

Quite a slap up meal indeed, that dessert looks like a tower, must've been hard to eat without it falling over!

Dunno about the oil but truffle ain't so great for a so called delicacy!

I've never tried either, unless they were truffles of a chocolate variety. I'm not sure if my curiosity would ever get the better of me to the point of paying to try them though! Maybe when I'm really rich and stuff.

not the chocolate ones, they are great,the ones French people train pigs to smell out heh and cost like a grand for any decent amount. Certainly the most expensive thing I'll ever eat, but it helps when your friends are rich. Wouldn't buy anything like that for me. It was an odd taste anyway, I hear men are supposed to like them more too, but that could just be hogwash heh heh

Ah, sorry, I don't know if I could tell the difference. I was starving and though it looking nice, I focused on the eating. I never eat truffle or truffle oil, and it's been years since I had pasta with mushroom and a creamy sauce that I couldn't tell the difference. It did taste distinct :) All the mains were about £8 or £10 and this was on the pricey side... I would say it is the real thing because the restaurant owner is famous in the cookery world and so I'd expect it (Aldo Zilli).

Oh, and that dessert tower - it held it's own! I kept taking side pieces, but eventually I feared its collapse may cause a mess, so I pushed it over myself :D

Today I ate at Tibits, a place which Mark Hamill was telling us about here. Its a buffet, so you take what you want. I loved the onion rings - best part!
    38435_1556691075984_1196435771_1544505_6880827_n.jpg
    I must add some of this to the Pictures and Places thread when I am finished my trip to London...

Menu looks good in that place, the curry sounds nice, it'd want to be for £9.90 though! There's actually an even more expensive veggie place in Edinburgh called David Bann. I never went, but lingered outside reading the menu a few times. It was an interesting menu.

That's quite a plate you've got there, lots of things. Haven't had an onion ring in years...

Yes, more pictures, food pictures are almost like eating... almost.

• Advertisement
Advertisement