Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ferrari 458 Italia

Options
  • 28-07-2009 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

The replacement for the F430 has been revealed this morning, the 458 Italia. This car really does sound amazing for an "entry level" supercar. 562bhp from a 4.5 V8 and revs to 9000rpm(:eek:!). 0-60 in 3.4 seconds and flat out at "well over" 200mph!

I think it looks absolutely amazing too, way nicer than the F430. C'ant wait to see one of these in the flesh!

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/241891/

car_photo_320935_25.jpg

car_photo_320926_25.jpg

Opinions lads?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

As horrible as all modern Ferraris :mad:. Ferraris used to flow and their curves were almost feminine. Now its all about aero and functionality. Clarkson sums it up with super cars when he says they should " fit some guns". I dont just agree with the guns bit but a super car is supposed to be about desire for beauty and pushing the crazy envelope and IMO not just to to be the fastest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

I reckon it's STUNNIN!

but I'd still rather a TDI yoke of some sort. ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Stunning simple as

So much lower looking than recent versions

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

it is a stunning car to behold...

Huminah Huminah haaaaa!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I've found Ferrari's rather boring looking lately but that is absolutely stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

That's horrible!

The front lights are nasty and the three pipes at the back look like something Anto would love to stick onto his Glanza.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    the three pipes at the back look like something Anto would love to stick onto his Glanza.

He probably already has!

Maybe Ferrari are being a bit more adventurous with the styling because the F430 was always thought to be conservative. To be fair lads, its WAY nicer to behold than a 599 or a California. Compared to a 355 though.....

Zonda999 wrote: »
    He probably already has!

Maybe Ferrari are being a bit more adventurous with the styling because the F430 was always thought to be conservative. To be fair lads, its WAY nicer to behold than a 599 or a California. Compared to a 355 though.....

Oh I agree 100% A California is an abortion of a yoke. Awful looking thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Saab Ed wrote: »
    As horrible as all modern Ferraris :mad:. Ferraris used to flow and their curves were almost feminine. Now its all about aero and functionality. Clarkson somes it up with super cars when he says they should " fit some guns". I dont just agree with the guns bit but a super car is supposed to be about desire for beauty and pushing the crazy envelope and IMO not just to to be the fastest.

Haven't liked a Ferrai for ages (288 GTO, F355:eek: - that long).

This is STUNNING though. And I mean resetting the goalposts E-type stunning.

It's not just that I disagree with your sincerely held opinion. I just KNOW you're as wrong as that Chamberlain fellow who promised 'peace in our time'...

Makes up for that turd of a California.

• Advertisement

pburns wrote: »
    It's not just that I disagree with your sincerely held opinion. I just KNOW you're as wrong as that Chamberlain fellow who promised 'peace in our time'...

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Looks ugly to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Who cares what it looks like??

Its got 127bhp/litre from a normally aspirated V8 that revs to 9000rpm. Holy mother of god!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

I haven't been impressed by a Ferrari in a long time but that is a fabulous looking thing

That is one for the list when I win the euromillions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Looks class... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,267 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Looks fantastic to me, something of a return to form for Ferrari.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Ferrari 458 Italia - Technical specifications

Dimensions

Length: 4527 mm (178.2 in.)
    Width: 1937 mm (76.3 in.)
    Height: 1213 mm (47.8 in.)
    Wheelbase: 2650 mm (104.3 in.)
    Dry weight: 1380 kg (3042 lbs)
    Weight/power ratio: 2,42 kg/CV (7.16 lbs/kW)
    Weight distribution (front/rear): 42%/58%

Engine

Type: V8 - 90°
    Displacement: 4499 cc (274.5 cu in.)
    Maximum power: 570 CV (425 kW) @ 9000 rpm
    Maximum torque: 540 Nm (398 lbs/ft) @ 6000 rpm
    Specific power output: 127 CV/l
    Compression ratio: 12.5:1

Tyres

Front: 235/35 ZR20 8.5"
    Rear: 295/35 ZR20 10.5"

Performance

Maximum speed: >325 km/h (>202 mph)
    0-100 km/h: <3.4 s

Fuel consumption + emissions

Fuel consumption: 13.7 l/100 km
    Emissions: 320 g CO2/km

Gearbox

Dual-clutch, 7-speed F1

Electronics

E-Diff3, F1-Trac, high-performance ABS

Some technical specs to behold!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Nice to see there is something we can all (almost) agree on.

Stunning, imagine what it will look like in the metal, or flesh in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I do like that very much!

Here's some video's:
    http://www.autoblog.nl/archive/2009/07/28/videos-van-de-nieuwe-ferrari-458-italia

It's in dutch but im sure you'll manage to find the vids

EDIT: After watching vids, not much to see but sounds nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

not my cup of tea...prefer the 355 still or even a 360

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Mr.David

The weight distribution suggests it would probably be a bit hairy with the electronic aids turned to "off"!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Saab Ed wrote: »
    As horrible as all modern Ferraris :mad:. Ferraris used to flow and their curves were almost feminine.

Yea because the 328/TR etc looked very feminine with their angular bodies didn't they :rolleyes:

I think everyone has to get over the 355 at this stage... it's an old car, good looking but old and out dated! Just ignore the 360 - the 430 is nice looking, the California is crap looking but this... this is stunning, real modern and menacing supercar looks!

And as for feminine curves, at the right angle, the bumps on the bonet could look like a set of tits if you really wanted them to! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Moses7

Love the sound in this vid:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    That's horrible!

The front lights are nasty and the three pipes at the back look like something Anto would love to stick onto his Glanza.

3 Pipes are a nod at the F40 in which the centre pipe was from the turbo wastegate.

F40SM-Tubi-muffler-3.gif

There have been a few pictures around the web for the last few months of the crashed test cars;

nuovefotospiaFerrariF450_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

thats is amazing, best looking supercar in a long time as well as best looking ferrari. id take it over any current ferrari, lamborgini or porsche

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

With possibly the exception of the X6, I've never seen one car that so easily divides people on this forum! The 458 looks pretty good in the pictures at least, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that it looks "stunning", "fabulous" or "fantastic".

But then again, I love the California.

(edit: ok the 458 does look pretty tasty!)

Id take it on yellow:

Ferrari-458-Italia-yellow-21.jpg

It looks good even in brown. Check out the photoshopped gallery of all the possible colors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

3 exhaust pipes - f**k me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Moses7 wrote: »

Ferrari-458-Italia-yellow-21.jpg

feck yeah, in the yellow its the dogz.:pac:

Advertisement