Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will UFC 101 be shown?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

deise48 wrote: »
    ufc 100 was shown on the racing channel so thats worth keeping a eye on

ESPN have the rights to the UFC in the UK and Ireland. You wont see it on Racing World.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

:confused:

Do people just post on this forum without reading whats already been said? :confused: I posted the following at about 10:30 this morning....but theres numerous posts after about ESPN only on sky! :eek:

Devastator wrote: »

In other possibly related news, ESPN's new channel will be available to virgin media customers. Announced yesterday, and ESPN's website has been updated to reflect this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Devastator wrote: »
    :confused:

Do people just post on this forum without reading whats already been said? :confused: I posted the following at about 10:30 this morning....but theres numerous posts after about ESPN only on sky! :eek:

Virgin don't operate in Ireland, do they?

ESPN is on NTL I just checked

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

I assume that's the American one you saw cause the new channel doesn't launch till Monday

• Advertisement

ESPN America is there. There is a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

http://uk.ufc.com/

enjoy.

can't wait for silva v griffin. i think griffin stands a very descent chance for a decision if he doesn't get caught.

Mod edit- This post and post #41 were merged from a seperate thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭halolma

bret69 wrote: »
    Is that a paid package?

No it will be FREE in the UK & IRELAND for ESPN and also on ESPN HD.

Dana White released this info over the last few days....

not sure who you will get it for NTL or SKY.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,423 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

halolma wrote: »
    No it will be FREE in the UK & IRELAND for ESPN and also on ESPN HD.

Dana White released this info over the last few days....

not sure who you will get it for NTL or SKY.

We dont have it for free at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭YamaMotoYama

http://uk.ufc.com/

enjoy.

can't wait for silva v griffin. i think griffin stands a very descent chance for a decision if he doesn't get caught.

Thats a big IF! :)

I think it will be a great fight - hopefully Griffin roughs him up in round one... and Silva comes out swinging round two.

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    We dont have it for free at all

Apparently encryption will be dropped between 3am and 6am on ESPN this Saturday night/Sunday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

I just talked to somebody from UPC and they said “We’re still in talks with ESPN. We should have news in about a week”.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Apparently encryption will be dropped between 3am and 6am on ESPN this Saturday night/Sunday morning.

source?

ok - so i was just on to sky - you can subscribe nas of now 12 euro for the sky sports subscribers and 15 euro for those without - and its a 30 day rolling contract - well, almost half the price of setanta - no bunces hour as of yet but they are shoqing a junion witter boxing match on repeat in about 5 min so im happy

also, there were posts on some thread about espn being locked out of dvrs - not true as it seems to be working as of now - this can change at any minute but i would be p'ed off as i rarely see any tv live and end up dvr-ing just about everything

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

Mossy Monk wrote: »

Was just going to ring sky now to subcribe to ESPN for the UFC is this confirmed?

Was just going to ring sky now to subcribe to ESPN for the UFC is this confirmed?

Dana White said it so I have been told. Who knows. At worst I will download it.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭cagefan

hey, I have ntl, can I subscribe for ESPN through Sky even tho my account is NTL. Probably a really stupid question but some of the earlier threads kinda suggest this

cagefan wrote: »
    hey, I have ntl, can I subscribe for ESPN through Sky even tho my account is NTL. Probably a really stupid question but some of the earlier threads kinda suggest this

No. NTL and Sky are completely seperate platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭p2p2p

So looks like all UPC customers won't be able to get this.
    Looks like I'll have to break in to my local boozer at 2 am if I want to see it!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭RNCFAN

Not on NTL? Bum****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

NTL sucks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Could'nt you guy's just go out and buy one of those eur0vox cable box things and watch it for free?

Bandit12 wrote: »
    Could'nt you guy's just go out and buy one of those eur0vox cable box things and watch it for free?

You wouldn't be suggesting people partake in an illegal activity now would you?

Besides what difference would it make if ESPN is not available on cable? Think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Bandit12 wrote: »

Not possible, ESPN is being broadcast on SKY TV, those illegal boxes do not use SKY connections, they use NTL/UPC. So the illegal boxes do nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Bananna man

God this is terrible... been waiting for 101 for weeks and find out today i cant even watch it. Just been onto NTL and when i asked about UFC first she started telling me about Premier League matches so just shows how much she knew about what i was aking. Anyway, still no news when NTL will be carrying ESPN. Hopefully they get it sorted by UFC 102.

Anyone know where i can watch replay footage online tomorrow? I thought i could buy the fights from the official ufc site but by the looks of it they just sell the Prelim fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭PAU

Anyone know where i can watch replay footage online tomorrow? I thought i could buy the fights from the official ufc site but by the looks of it they just sell the Prelim fights.

Youtube would be my guess.

PAU wrote: »
    Youtube would be my guess.

Nope, UFC are all over youtube removing them asap.

Ok, appears you can watch it live with 24 hour reruns online with Yahoo Sports:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/ufcppv/101

Problem is its $45 (*EDIT: Just did the conversion which works out at about €32 so i might stretch to that) which is very expensive :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭PAU

You could stream it...

You could get your 'cousins' to send it to you ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭soretoe

illegal stream - mod edit

Advertisement