Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"UK govt regret at McAnespie killing"

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Buffy the bitch

however, if you go out tonight and have a few drinks and kill someone whilst driving home is it murder? The family of the dead person may seem to think it is, but the courst may view it differently.

Therefore, it is not murder until it is proven to be murder.

No. That's what you call manslaughter. If I have a gun and kill someone on purpose that's murder.

The legal maximum imprisonment in the US military for negligent homicide is 36 months

We're not talking about the US military. Innocent people been murdered by an army wouldn't be anything new to you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Innocent people been murdered by an army wouldn't be anything new to you.

I've not murdered anyone yet. Am I missing out?

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭dresden8

OK, lets cut to the chase. I'll tell you what's gas. the same people who regularly defend the actions of the IRA, the same people who will tell you that "They tried to phone through a warning" or "It was an Army device that set off the bomb" are getting a hard on over the fact a British Army soldier shot a civilian.

The same people who are quite happy to call it a war and defend the murder of innocent people, are now suddenly outraged by the death of an innocent man.

That's gas.

Bollocks.

I wholeheartedly condemn the murder of Tim Parry and Jonathan Ball. I wholeheartedly condemn the murder of protestants, catholics, nationalists, Jerry McCabe et al, and everybody else murdered by the IRA.

But I also condemn the murders of the British security forces and in this specific case I wholeheartedly condemn the "killer" of Aidan McAnespie.

What scenarios can you come up with?

His hand slipped? Gross negligence. String him up by the balls.

Aimed to miss, meant to threaten? teach him a lesson? - went wrong. Wreckless endangerment. String him up by the balls.

Meant to kill him? Succeeded. String him up by the balls.

You can contextualise your way out of anything. But somebody killed him. Accidentaly or deliberately, string him up by the balls.

You don't have accidents with machine guns. Full fncking stop.

Advertisement