Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time job!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Back in the day I worked part-time with a Cork security company. It was really handy: 12hr shifts sitting down doing nothing all day/night long. Most security companies are extremely flexible when it comes to offering you hours.
    The company I worked for, for example, had no problem if I said I didn't want to work for the next three weeks; I'd just give them a call after three weeks and say, "can I work next weekend and on the Bank Holiday?", and they'd invariably say "yes" - and so I wound up with time and a half on Sunday and double time for the Monday. I also worked three Christmas Days in a row. They were 12-hour shifts, and you got treble time plus 8 hours for that - I earned €550 for just sitting down and watching DVDs on the laptop those days. Ba Humbug!!!
    That was at the height of the property boom though...still, it would be worth asking the security companies in Cork if they've any part-time work going.

Advertisement