Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would it be a good idea if Taylor retired?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

World Grand Prix should be better, always closer matches with taylor in those!!

C'mon Jenkins, eight times a charm

• Registered Users Posts: 13,347 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

At least he's a quick player so his hidings are over mercifully quickly.

Could you imagine if he played like say Dennis Priestly?

You can almost argue in that case that Darts Explosion/audiences of 5000 for the PremierLeague, 500K prize funds etc would never have happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭bettyswollox

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Can't see Taylor retiring for a long time yet with the huge prizemoney in the game at the moment. I agree it can be boring to watch his games at times but that isn't his fault at the end of the day! Must say that i'm looking forward to the World Masters on BBC in 6 weeks time,a much more open tournament even if the standard isn't as high as the PDC.
    i wonder whose gonna host the bbc darts now that stubbs is gone, please god not it be lineker. maybe gabby logan.just goes from bad to worse with that crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

CORRO77 wrote: »
    why should he retire if players are not good enough to beat him maybe they should give it up instead.mardle waste of space van de voort worse pro i ever seen klassen biggest hyped up player in recent years has done nothing gary anderson the next big thing bottles it at later stages of games,priestly over the hill barney going through a rough patch , part going backwards to, jenkins plays well till he meets a taylor in the final ,dudbridge gone,need i go on if there not good enough why should taylor retire so they can look good.
    have to say paul i think your bang on with most although i feel we'll judge anderson in 12 months time, the same period more or less the dutch fellas had in which van gerwin is the most disapointing, part is struggling which is a shame as i feel he's one of very few who can give taylor a game people are on about wade he's no different when it come's to playing taylor i think king is maybe the only player at the moment with the personality that can compete with him and i reckon taylor thinks the same. the man just gets better and better i used to dislike him now i just admire what he does as when people talk of him retiring he's building up his ave.right up which is unbelieveable.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

i wonder whose gonna host the bbc darts now that stubbs is gone, please god not it be lineker. maybe gabby logan.just goes from bad to worse with that crowd.
    On a UK forum that John Inverdale is the favourite to host the darts on BBC. He done the Embassy 1 year and done a good job so he would be a popular choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

Why do some people on here seem intent at slagging the BDO at every opportunity?

Why do some people on here seem intent at slagging the BDO at every opportunity?
    slag them at every opportunity,the bdo dont employ the staff at the bbc now aswell do they.you,d wanna take ur head out of the sand every now and then pal, ive never slagged them nor wud i.

dartbhoy wrote: »
    On a UK forum that John Inverdale is the favourite to host the darts on BBC. He done the Embassy 1 year and done a good job so he would be a popular choice.
    thank you dartboy for understanding my quote, and your assistance with the answer,good to get an intelligent responce;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

The only games which Taylor was a part of that I enjoyed was Taylor vs. Barney games, but I think Barney has given up on trying to catch him.

But no, I don't think he should retire because he continues to set the standard for world champions of the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

just goes from bad to worse with that crowd.

I presumed this comment was referring to the BDO

• Advertisement

I presumed this comment was referring to the BDO
    well im happy to let u know it wasnt, it was in reference to dart saying he was looking forward to the world masters in 6 weeks time on the bbc.
    which i am also, if i wanted to slag the bdo off id have mentioned
    ollie croft,not gary lineker.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

thank you dartboy for understanding my quote, and your assistance with the answer,good to get an intelligent responce;)
    No problem. I'm a darts fan regardless if it's BDO or PDC,both organisations have good players.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

Slowly but surely most threads around here turn into a BDO v PDC thing.

The more I think of it, Taylor can't retire until someone beats him on top, like Taylor did with Bristow and Priestly, and they did with the champions before them

Think of what darts would be like unless the torch is passed properly in the future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Criticism of Taylor seems terribly begrudging. Should we ask Tiger Woods or Roger Federer to Retire as well just because they are better than most other players?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭devondudley

orourkeda wrote: »
    Criticism of Taylor seems terribly begrudging. Should we ask Tiger Woods or Roger Federer to Retire as well just because they are better than most other players?

i think the thing with taylor is that he wins nearly every major tournament thats what makes it a little stale watching taylor matches, tiger and federer although amazing sportsmen dont win everyweek, its spread around and although they win more than others they still are seen as beatable on an off day. taylor rarely has an off day when he does the finals are much more exciting. i dont think he should retire cause he is better than everyone thats there problem but darts would be poorer if he did leave he raises everyones games the classic games off recent years all have him in them tayor v painter taylor v mardle and taylor barney all classic games and sport would be poorer if he left

Advertisement