Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Nope. Believing in some sort of magical scales that doles out bad luck based on your bad deeds is pretty damn stupid.

Or just perhaps bad luck that they don't have your privileged western "enlightened" upbringing. But they might say the same about your smug atheism. So in the war of egos, nobody is the wiser.
    Zillah wrote: »
    If I said it in the middle of a social engagement it could be considered ignorant in the form it is used to mean 'rude' or 'offensive'.

In the more literal sense, no, it's not ignorant, I'm pretty well informed.

Of course it is ignorant. You know nothing about this person except that the believe in karma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Hence why new-agers go on about non-biblical angels, retributive karma etc.

Buddism is not new age.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

togster wrote: »
    Buddism is not new age.

Well that's just super. Do you have any other pointless and obvious things to say that display your inability to understand a simple point?

Please, go ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Well that's just super. Do you have any other pointless and obvious things to say that display your inability to understand a simple point?

Please, go ahead.

Did someone get out of bed on the wrong side this morning?!?

Apologies. I was just stating a fact not having a go at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

A fact I had not contradicted. As I explained in the post you quoted, New Age beliefs tend to take elements of other older philosophies, get it wrong and add it in.

Hence why the concept of karma as a retributive force could be described as an element of New Age philosophy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement