Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show off your desktop !!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

This is my current one.

161008.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

peatcass wrote: »
    all i do is right click on the icon, and "add to task bar", though i hope mine is one of the desktops you were talking about!!!!!!!

Cool I was looking to get rid of the taskbar altogether to be honest! your way looks good aswell but the link to rocket dock worked a treat! here is my apple mac look desktop on windows 7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Untitled_74.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Sitec, use this site instead... http://wthax.org

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

qz wrote: »

Any chance of an updated link please qz!!

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

batman2000 wrote: »
    Any chance of an updated link please qz!!

Cheers

1296485306_5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Kinky Slinky

ic4uyl.jpg
    I had a few people ask me how I did this so I'll give my tutorial :

1) Install Rainmeter
    2) I'm using a different theme at the moment so I can't find that wallpaper I originally used but I basically used a black and white photo
    Sample
    Sample
    3)Download Omnimo 3.1 for Rainmeter
    4)Extract the file (I use 7zip)
    I think the Segue UI Light font is in the Omnimo pack you will have to add this font to your fonts(Copy & paste) if you don't have it already , if you don't have window 7 you probably won't have it
    5)Launch the Rainstaller utility included in the Omnimo download; it will add the skins and themes to the appropriate Rainmeter folders. You'll want to make sure you have Rainmeter closed before running through this process.

After that mess around with it , I think I downloaded another pack for extra icons. It's really up to you what you want. I think if you right click on the icons you can make them non-draggable. For clocks and other things like that I clicked "click through" , I just thought it made the desktop better. It really is one of those thing you mess around with until you find out what you like best

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

^ Brilliant, very addictive messing around with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Dunnie1982

I finally got around to finishing my Rainmeter Desktop. It took a few hours to get everything working as I wanted it to & to find a few skins that I wanted.

Desktop_6_7_2011_Smaller.png

Here is a link to the Original 1080p Resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

office-space-1000-1.jpg

Not fancy but there ya go

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Mine as of a now after a little bit of work :D

desktopsv.png

Used rainmeter along with this skin. I also used Rocketdock for the icons along the top and this icon pack so that they match the Rainmeter skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Mine as of a now after a little bit of work :D

desktopsv.png

Used rainmeter along with this skin. I also used Rocketdock for the icons along the top and this icon pack so that they match the Rainmeter skin.

I would take the recycle bin off the desktop and just use the recycle bin from rocketdock.

Very nice btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Rebel021 wrote: »
    I would take the recycle bin off the desktop and just use the recycle bin from rocketdock.

Very nice btw

Thanks, I did once I figured out how to hide it haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

Capture_11.png

rainmeter and rockerdock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Bus77II

After I found the car image online I decided I had to clean-up & coolify the rest of my desktop. The album cover display is provided by http://www.cdartdisplay.com/ .

image1hq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

daz801 wrote: »
    http://omg.wthax.org/Capture_11.png

rainmeter and rockerdock

can i ask what skin your using for both rocket dock and rainmeter? Looks cool!

wallpaper.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

desktoptg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Bus77II

image1xyr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Deeeadly Van Gogh wallpaper

....where?!:O

• Advertisement

Here you go! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

That is unreeeeal! Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

screenshot20110823at104.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

desktopciy.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Wait... is that the Fedora f?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

A lifetime membership to Digital Blasphemy ensures I'll never be short of background images :)

171884.png

Wait... is that the Fedora f?

lol yeah it is...

I can only use black backgrounds because if I use multicoloured one's I end up with this...

unledlm.png

don't like the black behind the text.

Only use the fedora wallpaper because the skull is to the right and not behind the desktop icons :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

LaVail wrote: »
    lol yeah it is...

I can only use black backgrounds because if I use multicoloured one's I end up with this...

unledlm.png

don't like the black behind the text.

Only use the fedora wallpaper because the skull is to the right and not behind the desktop icons :P

So either change the colour or try enable transparency on desktop icon text fields. I never had the problem you describe when I was on XP, probably because I enabled transparency :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Untitled-1.png

• Advertisement

So either change the colour or try enable transparency on desktop icon text fields. I never had the problem you describe when I was on XP, probably because I enabled transparency :)

Wow thanks for that! Never knew you could make it transparent on XP. I just assumed it couldn't be changed. Been stuck using black wallpapers for the past 5 months because of this :o

Thanks again!

Advertisement