Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cars that look better as estates

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Dave.

P222_0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Do you get much more room in an estate? The boot seems to be the same size and if you want more capacity you have to pile stuff in the boot above shoulder height or else lower the seats. Personally I like the look of them. The 9-3 estate is lovely.

Well, you can bring a washing machine home in a proper Estate, but in a saloon car rather not (not in the boot anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Dave.

I remember seeing one of these in town, mad looking:eek:InlineRepresentation35f9e5b8-1fc1-4901-b949-ab32cc1daf1e%5B35%5D.jpg

ps. I hope I never see one again:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    -Chris- wrote: »
    any chance of a poll of the list shown to see which one we think looks best?

No problems, what are the options you want set up?

whatever you can put on Chris...

OK, I've gone through the thread and I reckon I've identified all the cars. I've had to combine a few because I can only have 25 options in the poll.

Multiple choices are OK.

OK people, get voting - let's decide once and for all which car looks better as an estate!!!

:D:D

Johnerr wrote: »
    none

Sorry Johnerr, that would have been option 26 :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Audi RS6 beats all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I went for the C5. Actually considered buying one only the quality is not yet proven and the 1.6 engine and the drive was no match for the legacy

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

There's always the saab 9-3x of course - it's the 9-3 estate raised a bit, with 210 bhp and Saab's cross-wheel drive. I haven't seen any over here, but it's an agressive take on an already attractive estate car.

ny09_10Saab93x.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Do you get much more room in an estate? The boot seems to be the same size and if you want more capacity you have to pile stuff in the boot above shoulder height or else lower the seats. Personally I like the look of them. The 9-3 estate is lovely.

I can fit a single bed in the Audi allroad without moving the front seats. So, yeah, you get alot more room in an estate. The allroad isnt applicable to this thread as its only an estate though.
    I went for the C5. Actually considered buying one only the quality is not yet proven and the 1.6 engine and the drive was no match for the legacy
    So did I, but its multiple choice, "looks better as" not the even more subjective "which looks best"!

Matt Simis wrote: »
    So did I, but its multiple choice, "looks better as" not the even more subjective "which looks best"!

I know my vote is probably based more on which looks best, but I think the Audi's & BMW's are getting voted more because of the RS & M cars rather than the standard versions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

I know my vote is probably based more on which looks best, but I think the Audi's & BMW's are getting voted more because of the RS & M cars rather than the standard versions

I personally think the current Audi RS6 looks far better as a saloon. It also weighs a bit less and therefore drives better.

• Advertisement

just thinking about, I think we all agree, that all of the above look better as estates....

Now which of the above estates do we think 'LOOKS THE BEST'

New poll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Now which of the above estates do we think 'LOOKS THE BEST'

New poll?

New poll, new thread! :p

-Chris- wrote: »
    New poll, new thread! :p

another day....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

eoin wrote: »
    Or the estates are so brilliant that nobody wants to sell theirs. But probably not.

There is only one spec Aura in the previous Avensis estate so I think they could have offered it (and the hatchback) in all specs like in the UK. Would like an Avensis 2.4 Sol estate (if it existed). And there were very few hatchbacks sold here, compared to the UK where the hatchback reigned supreme, even the advertising and literature featured hatchbacks, as though there never was a saloon in the first place.

I also like this estate. The very last of the real American Station wagons.

1996.buick.roadmaster.1350-396x249.jpg

G Luxel wrote: »
    There is only one spec Aura in the previous Avensis estate so I think they could have offered it (and the hatchback) in all specs like in the UK. Would like an Avensis 2.4 Sol estate (if it existed). And there were very few hatchbacks sold here, compared to the UK where the hatchback reigned supreme, even the advertising and literature featured hatchbacks, as though there never was a saloon in the first place.

I also like this estate. The very last of the real American Station wagons.

1996.buick.roadmaster.1350-396x249.jpg

get yourself one in the UK....2.4 petrol will be difficult but I think they have a T180 spirit 2.2 diesel 180bhp that is supposed to be faily quick

Advertisement