Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i think i may be back in employment!

Options
  • 22-07-2009 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭

Ive been on the "stamps" since i was made redundant. up to that point i was employed for over 11 years and its really shyte being unemployed, granted i didnt sit on my arse for the last six months, but standing in the dole office on a wednesday morning has a way of sucking the will to live right out of you.

Ive had an interview with this company 2 weeks ago, they want to see me now in 45 mins.. im pretty excited.

Its potentially the worst paying job i'll have ever held, probably not much above the min wage.. but as jobs are like hens teeth now, its a job and i just want to be working again, Necessity takes priorty over pride

Fingers crossed :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BillyGoatGruff

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

emo-ployment?

damn right you're not getting more than minimum wage! ;)

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I hope it goes in your favour snyper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

snyper wrote: »
    Ive been on the "stamps" since i was made redundant. up to that point i was employed for over 11 years and its really shyte being unemployed, granted i didnt sit on my arse for the last six months, but standing in the dole office on a wednesday morning has a way of sucking the will to live right out of you.

Ive had an interview with this company 2 weeks ago, they want to see me now in 45 mins.. im pretty excited.

Its potentially the worst paying job i'll have ever held, probably not much above the min wage.. but as jobs are like hens teeth now, its a job and i just want to be working again, Necessity takes priorty over pride

I can honestly say I have never heard that expression before !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Best of luck with the creche work snyper!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Good luck, snyps!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭bladespin

Good luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Hopefully it's not a company that does sneaky google searches to check background information before hiring!;)
    Best of Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

OK. Im off to meet them now.

If this turns out to be a cesspool of disappointment and merely a wild goose chase, im commin straight back here and asking Dr Bollocko to delete this thread!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Hopefully it's not a company that does sneaky google searches to check background information before hiring!;)
    Best of Luck!

OH FOOK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

OK. Im off to meet them now.

If this turns out to be a cesspool of disappointment and merely a wild goose chase, im commin straight back here and asking Dr Bollocko to delete this thread!!!!!
    OR you could leave it open and it could be the "lets find snyper a job" thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Best of Luck!
    Or the sex offenders register!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

Quazzie wrote: »
    Or the sex offenders register!

or after hours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

You've got a great attitude, good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Fair play to you snyper, if only everyone in the country had that attitude...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Good luck, let us know how things go!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Thats the right attitude to have - I'd take a low paid job over no job any day. Good Luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

Best of luck! Don't say "doin your wife".:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Doin' yer... son?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Leixlip_Red

Best of luck Snyper!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Best of luck Snyper!
    Who are you and what have you done with LeixlipRed!?!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭This_Years_Love

Best of luck with the new job! Congrats! I've also just gotten a job after been unemployed for almost 7 months. It feels great to finally have a job to go to again, doesn't it? :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

*Cant keep the champagne on ice for too much longer*

/awaits Snyper's return

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It's a pity not everyone on the dole can think the same way. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The suspense is killing me. Hurry back!!!

I wanna give you my luv..... Oh yeah right. Not Bebo. :)

I wanna give you my :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

PCPhoto wrote: »
    I can honestly say I have never heard that expression before !!!

I once texted my local radio station asking if anyone had a cure for hens with toothache... The presneter read it out, copped it was a prank, and went on a rant about time-wasting texts and calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

And

?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,510 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Where did Snyper go? I hope karma didn't kick in and his "meeting" wasn't a large man having his way with him...

Advertisement