Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Dance with Dragons-will it be published by Christmas!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

lordgoat wrote: »
    and I secretly hope that the next two books at least will be a lot quicker than this one.

I'm with ya dude. (fyp).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I don't remember who Arianne is or why her POV matters

Good question - I seriously can't remember who she is :confused:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Problem for me too is that I'm forgetting a lot of the characters and plots as it's been so long between installments and I've read a lot, watched a lot, etc. in that time. As good as the series is, I'm no longer convinced that it's worth the wait.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I don't remember who Arianne is or why her POV matters
    I thought the same thing! (That's why I'm in the middle of the first four on MP3 audiobook in advance of Dance :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭filmfan

Hopefully the epic wait will be worth it, that's the most important thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

c - 13 wrote: »
    Good question - I seriously can't remember who she is :confused:
    Princess of Dorne, tried to crown Myrcella and start another civil war between Dorne and the Iron Throne, was secretly betrothed to Viserys by her father as part of his plan to get vengeance for the death of princess Elia.
    - The two pages or so when this is revealed would would up there as my favourite part of the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

pljudge321 wrote: »
    Princess of Dorne, tried to crown Myrcella and start another civil war between Dorne and the Iron Throne, was secretly betrothed to Viserys by her father as part of his plan to get vengeance for the death of princess Elia.
    - The two pages or so when this is revealed would would up there as my favourite part of the series.

Nice one thanks, its all coming back now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

LOL .........Looks like i could be right.At this rate he will finish the Winds of Winter first.:rolleyes:

Dancing
    • Jul. 31st, 2010 at 1:22 PM

No, this is not the promised post about Charles Dance. Later.

Just kicked Aeron Damphair's scraggly arse out of DANCE WITH DRAGONS. He only had the only chapter, and it will work better early in the next book than late in this one. (That's how it looks to me today, anyway. I reserve the right to change my mind).

So DANCE has gotten a smidge shorter. But is still not done.

The good news is that I seem to have written more than a hundred pages of THE WINDS OF WINTER already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

I dunno if no news is good news or what but I want this in my christams stocking PLEASE!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I dunno if no news is good news or what but I want this in my christams stocking PLEASE!!!
      Not a chance of that. Even if he finished now, it would have to go to his editors and there'd be a whole cycle there. Then it's off to the printers, proof readers, distributors, etc.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

So, next Christmas then. Maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Drum roll please!.
      At long last an official release date.:D

Its been a long wait.

Good News for Old Blighty
      • Mar. 4th, 2011 at 8:35 AM

My friends at Harper Collins Voyager have confirmed that the British edition of A DANCE WITH DRAGONS will also be released on July 12 of this year, simultaneously with the American edition.

(Please ignore what it says on Amazon.UK. I am sure they will get it right eventually)

Here's the British cover:

s640x480

Publication dates in other countries will, of course, be dependent on the speed of the translations. Which cannot begin until I turn in the final manuscript. So I had best get back to that right now.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I saw that earlier today Paddy. My jaw hit the floor. I got sick of following Georges blog for news of Dance 4 years ago! Now to plan timing my re-read to he release date. Don't want to finish Feast a week before I can get the next. I've lived that frustration already!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Shryke wrote: »
      I saw that earlier today Paddy. My jaw hit the floor. I got sick of following Georges blog for news of Dance 4 years ago! Now to plan timing my re-read to he release date. Don't want to finish Feast a week before I can get the next. I've lived that frustration already!

i'll be skipping this. And waiting til he's publishing the final book of the series, then i'll re-read em all.

Game of thrones starts in April too. Can't wait for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

lordgoat wrote: »
      i'll be skipping this. And waiting til he's publishing the final book of the series, then i'll re-read em all.

Game of thrones starts in April too. Can't wait for that.

I'd love to do that but just too weak! Will definitely end up reading it. Probably start rereading the others soon to be ready.
      Hopefully the tv show is good too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Kong is dead, book on course to be published on the 12 July.

Advertisement