Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pandora Charm Bracelets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 marthahen

MacDuffer wrote: »
    I'm looking to buy one of these Pandora bracelets for my GF and seeing some of earlier posts I have begun to have my doubts but I am still interested in peoples opinions on then now that some time has passed.

But are they still worth it?

The first bracelet I saw was a "Troll" bracelet, and my research tells me that they were the most dominant, until Pandora came along, they basically told retailers if they wanted to stock Pandora, they had to get rid of Troll. Not sure how relevant this is to Ireland!

It works on the same principle, The troll bracelet and lock are slightly different. Troll beads slide, and Pandoras twist, but I've been told that Pandora beads and Chamilia beads WILL fit on a troll bracelet, but not the other way around in the case of pandora.

A plain troll bracelet is here http://www.trollbeads.ie/c/23/Bracelets.html for 34

the locks are here http://www.trollbeads.ie/c/59/Silver.html
    the basic silver fastener is €20.

I'm doing this for my mother, and can then shop around the different brands for beads, gives you a better choice!

Also means a future present could be a nicer lock :)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭lobber

I'm looking to buy one of these Pandora bracelets for my GF and seeing some of earlier posts I have begun to have my doubts but I am still interested in peoples opinions on then now that some time has passed.

I wanted to have something meaningfull for her this Christmas and I felt that this might be the way to go.

But are they still worth it? Is there a greater selection of charms out there now that they have been out a while?

and one last question...

Where in Dublin City would they have the best selection.

I bought a Pandora bracelet and charms for my GF a few weeks ago for xmas. I read some posts here about them being tacky and everywhere and honestly began to doubt if she'd like it.
    Was up in Liffey valley the other day and caught her checking them out at the Argento stand... They may be very popular but that doesn't mean they can't be any less special or sentimental to the person you give them to!

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭nesbitt

It seems that Danish company Trollbeads were around before Pandora/Agrento. You can check these out on www.enibas.com (free postage, Irish site) and www.trollbeads.ie. Happy shopping.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

I think it really depends on the charms that you buy for them , they are very popular but everyone tends to have a different look depending on which charms they choose, they are very pricey though for the nice ones. A lot of the silver ones have that black oxidised look that some people hate so be careful with which charms you choose!

Oh and don't buy in the north, they're actually cheaper here!

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

I wanted to have something meaningfull for her this Christmas and I felt that this might be the way to go.

But are they still worth it? Is there a greater selection of charms out there now that they have been out a while?

and one last question...

Where in Dublin City would they have the best selection.
    IMO,definitely worth it.There are lots of charms to choose from.If you choose carefully,you can make up a little life story pertinent to your GF.Mine has one,almost full now,loves it.Its at about €600 at the mo,but the beauty was,it was built up over time,easier on the pocket,ha ha.:DDont know where in Dub,im down the country,sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MaxCharlie

I have a few pandora bracelets - one silver and one titanium silver (very dark silver) and i am adding specific charms - i.e. silver/grey colour. I won't be filling the bracelets - don't like the full look (or the possible weight to carry them)

I got my bracelet and some charms in america in Jewlers (about 15% cheaper) and then in a jewlery shop in IRL
    But please please be carefull when buying - their are lots and lots of copy type Pandora bracelets and charms. even if you think they look genuine they are probably not - they have a plastic silver coating which gives the appearance of silver and all they are is tack after a few weeks (i know i bought a few on the internet to try the quality and i binned them)
    Remember - haggle when buying your bracelet and charms - when i buy mine i always get a few quid off - some people would be embarrised to haggle or ask for a discount but i'm not. Pandora also do earings, necklace and a for a more casual look a black lace type necklace where you can put some charms in a pendant type - this is not as popular so might be an other option(or others might say common)

If you going to the bother of buying a "pandora" buy a pandora or an other branded type charm i.e. Thomas Sabo - also very nice, or Links of London (as suggested already in this thread). The copies just look cheap - imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Hi all,

Im thinking of getting one of these, was just wondering did anyone have any feedback on them?! If you bought one, do you like it etc. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

my friend is getting one for christmas so Im going to get her a couple of charms for her bracelet but Im finding it sooooo daunting to try and pick one out. They have nearly TOO much of a selection and I dont even know where to start. Personally I dont like them, they look too tacky for me, so trying to pick out a nice charm is so difficult. I was thinkin of getting one that symbolises travel since we have travelled a lot together over the years but they only have a suitcase, and honestly, who wants a suitcase on a bracelet! Her sister has a bracelet and she got her a charm for it for christmas too, and she got her what I would personally think as a tacky one.. A girl charm.
    I just dont get it

She was saying to me the reason she wants to get the charm braclet is so people can get her charms that are personal and that it would mean a lot to her. and that each charm should have a meaning.... so i was thinkin of getting her a "tacky" one like a suitcase or a cat cos she likes cats and then a prettier one that has a stone in it or something

How did you decide what charms to get!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 krbexpress

i have purchased these bracelets for numerous friends and family members, it makes my life soo easy as i pick up the charms as i go along, yes you can make them look tacky if you have no sense of design, but if you sit down and plan the style you want to make you can make a really nice stylish bracelet.
    i know for a fact everytime i have given one as a gift they have been grately appreciated and the recipients have been all age groups
    i get mine in the jewellery shop near my office in citywest, they have a website ronancampbell.com
    hope that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭I_luv_2_ski!

my sister has a pandora (i wear links of london) and i found a website online called beadsandcharms.co.uk that do charms for pandora! the ones for pandora are the "Larenza 925 Silver" and "Elemento Silver style". they also do bracelets and necklaces! there NOT real pandora but for the price...(and if you order over £30 you get a free charm that you get to pick out of a nice selection...free postage on all orders and we had them two days later) there lovely!! just said i'd let people know cause in these hard times its nice to get bargains!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Tawny

If you want a charm bracelet that you can add to over the years would you not be better to get one of the traditional ones? Its just these might be a bit of a fad and in 5 years time you won't be able to get new charms for it, but I'd imagine someone will always be making regular charms.

Out of interest, can any charms be added to any bracelet? Like LinksofLondon charms on a Tiffany bracelet? If I order online will any jeweller do it for me if it its not one of the charms with a simple catch?

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭sean corcoran

hey guys if you are interested im selling pandora bracelets send me a pm for more details. sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭starling.

jellie wrote: »
    You can get pandora style charms/beads in a lot of places that sell beads for as cheap as €3/4. Although I havent seen them in Ireland, only in the UK.

Yeah, I've seen those in some pharmacies over here.

Tbh I personally wouldn't like a Pandora bracelet because it seems like every other person has one... I've met a 12 year old with one ffs. And even though each one is 'unique' they all look the same really...

Very overrated. And overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

I got one for Christmas from my other half and I adore it, he got me three charms with the bracelet and I bought 2 more out of xmas money.
    I have a booklet and I marked all the ones I like, so for Valentines, my birthday etc, all people have to do is look through the book and pick one to get me. They all think it is a brilliant idea because supposedly Im very hard to buy for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Curt01

Pandora bracelets, neither a diamond in the rough or a jewel to be compared to any other; these bracelets that can be designed as customizable works of art, has raised the bar in creative thinking of jewelers and designers alike. Fresh and stylish designs of charms that can be used to develop your own sense of individuality and personality through these bracelets have made it famous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Is there an age limit for pandora charm bracelets?

My wife will be 30 and I was thinking about getting her a bracelet with 5 or 6 charms! But I dont want to find out such things are only for 18 and 21 year olds!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

Curt01 wrote: »
    Pandora bracelets, neither a diamond in the rough or a jewel to be compared to any other; these bracelets that can be designed as customizable works of art, has raised the bar in creative thinking of jewelers and designers alike. Fresh and stylish designs of charms that can be used to develop your own sense of individuality and personality through these bracelets have made it famous.

That has to be a joke???

They are SUCH a fashion fad, every second person has one.

It just baffles me that jewellery goes through fashion phases like clothes, and that certain brands become 'cool' for while. I feel like if you pick decent jewellery it should be more timeless, not something that is the current 'in thing'.

Charm bracelets have been around forever, but no one wore them until some magazine persuaded them that the pandora or the sweetie are the must-have item! I find it a bit pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭cherrycool

Personally I prefer the original type of charm bracelets. I have a silver one that I got for my 18th a few years back, and I've been adding to it ever since. You do have to go and get charms professionally welded on, but I love mine, because you're not limited to Pandora - people have brought me charms home from all over the place, and I know that no one has the same bracelet. Also, you can pick up simple silver charms for as cheap as between five and ten euro, not this ridiculous thirty to a hundred euro nonsense that Pandora has!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

I presume this has been mentioned but I havent read through the whole thread..You can get charms that arnt Pandora and are just as good and ALOT cheaper. I have a pandora and I love it..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

branners69 wrote: »

My wife will be 30 and I was thinking about getting her a bracelet with 5 or 6 charms! But I dont want to find out such things are only for 18 and 21 year olds!

No, I know a few girls in their 30's who have them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

cork*girl wrote: »
    I presume this has been mentioned but I havent read through the whole thread..You can get charms that arnt Pandora and are just as good and ALOT cheaper. I have a pandora and I love it..!!
    I was told that the fakes dont mix well with the "real" Pandora charms!Mixing metals (or somethin like that). Is that true or just a sales technique?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭I_luv_2_ski!

anniehoo wrote: »
    I was told that the fakes dont mix well with the "real" Pandora charms!Mixing metals (or somethin like that). Is that true or just a sales technique?

deffo just a sales thing!!! its like when i worked in a shoes shop, of course our shoe care was better then the rest!!! really...its not!!!

serisouly me and my mam got ones off http://www.beadsandcharms.co.uk/ for my sister! arrived within 4 days, got a choice of one free cause the order was over £35 and they look lovely on the bracelet! no problems what so ever and would deffo use them again!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

I don't really wear jewellery because I find it all a bit fussy and overstated but I think these bracelets (along with those Links ones) have become incredibly ubiquitous and that alone is unappealing to me. I'd much rather have something a little vintage and original than wear something that's pretty much as common as getting your highlights done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Larianne wrote: »
    No, I know a few girls in their 30's who have them.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Cait7

Hi, Does anybody know if the Pandora charms fit on the Newbridge charm bracelet?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭pinkyc

I just got a Pandora Charm Bracelet wednesday gone for my leaving cert results, and it was the nicest thought. I love it, my parents got it for me and it had two charms on it a gardian angel and a colour round one (for abit of colour she said), it was the best suprise =] because i've been eyeing them up for awhile now but thought they were very expensive but now since my parents got it for me it means far more to me I love it! I'll always remember why i got it and i can add to it with dif charms for special events, it'll be like my own 'life calander thing' (i know it sounds cheesy but i think ye get what im trying to say lol)

so if anyone is thinking of buying one for themselves or for someone else, it's a fab idea and you/they'll love it!

x:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6 zbizness

krbexpress wrote: »
    i have purchased these bracelets for numerous friends and family members, it makes my life soo easy as i pick up the charms as i go along, yes you can make them look tacky if you have no sense of design, but if you sit down and plan the style you want to make you can make a really nice stylish bracelet.
    i know for a fact everytime i have given one as a gift they have been grately appreciated and the recipients have been all age groups
    i get mine in the jewellery shop near my office in citywest, they have a website ronancampbell.com
    hope that helps

I'm not sure if my post is allowed or not and know this is going to sound like I am affiliated with this jeweler but I just had a great customer experience and thought I would share this with everyone. My wife has a Pandora bracelet and I have been online for an hour looking for and calling jewelers trying to find a specific charm. Different websites were not that user friendly and some jewelers were not that helpful, but as mentioned above (and this is how I found them) RonanCampell.com has a great website to navigate (although I could not find how long postage would be). So I rang them to find out I could order right there and have it posted free of charge which normally is next day delivery but being Xmas may take two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Whoever own's Pandora is laughing in his marble mansion on his private island and counting all his millions of dollars I suspect :rolleyes: Seriously though, why do they need to be so damn expensive? 30euros for a charm? People have more money than sense it seems if they are willing to fork out their hard earned cash on something so absurdly priced. The idea that they are a particularly special present is just a marketing ploy by the company, it's their angle and it's clearly working very well on consumers. I would be seriously unimpressed if my boyfriend got me such a thoughtless convenience present. It's the biggest cop out ever, imo it's the equivalent of the aftershave-shower gel combo for men. Just because it costs a feck load of money doesn't make it special or more meaningful either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 lightglow

branners69 wrote: »

No:eek: I'm 30 and I have one. I love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭solerina

lots of my friends have them and even some well into their 30s....I got one lat christmas and love it, in fact i nevr take it off....there were 3 charms on it and each had a meaning, i got a present of one more during the year (again with a reason behind it)...so yes loads of people have them, they are everywhere but mine is unique to me...noone has the same charms with teh same meanings....thats what makes them special !!! Anyone thinking of buying one...DO...altho dont buy the fakes....dodgy quality !!!

Advertisement