Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soap Actors, ever see one out?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

Yer man malachy is often around UCD. He does a good bit of running around the playing pitches and weights in the gym too. Oh and I saw Harry molloy a good few years ago waiting for a bus outside RTE. And he had the black wooly hat on him too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭snowy2008

suzanne from fair city used to work on o'briens sandwiches in dun laoghiare and she makes a lovely toasty! this was back in 1999, and i also met ali (bonos wife) in there too, met mick lally walking up the road one day and I also met heathers husband in dunnes buying sausages, i saw heathers outside kehoes one night too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

used to work in a mobile phone shop on grafton street ur one who used to own the pub cant remember her name and her phone was in japanese

changed it back to english and told her to stop letting malachy use her phone she laughed the place down.

Your man harry molloy and that ar*ehole painter fella ( i think he was a painter) with the dodgy tash used to come in as well this was a different branch and all the old dolls used to be falling over there trollies to get to them

Your man with the tash used to ask what the most expensive phone was the first few times I showed him after that I told him he couldnt afford it que him exiting stage left so to speak! your man harry had some jam jar glasses on though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I saw Zumo in Ikea today

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

jos28 wrote: »
    I saw Zumo in Ikea today

:pac:

I seen Barry's bird 'Annette' in McCormacks in Monkstown a few weeks ago. Seen that p*ick Duncan sitting on a bench down at Dun Laoghaire harbour aswell..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

saw Mynah from Glenroe out and about one day. Met Lorraine Molloy from Fair City in the Greenwood Inn, Ardpatrick

mikemac wrote: »
    You'll see the Ros na Run actors around Galway

Met the guy who plays Tadhg, got the same scary look as he does on the show

Yeah, I know Macdara O Fátharta quite well - he's married to Eileen Dunne from RTE news. He's nothing at all like Tadhg :P

Joe Steve O Neachtain who plays Peadar is also a really nice man. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Epicurus wrote: »
    saw Mynah from Glenroe out and about one day. Met Lorraine Molloy from Fair City in a pub in the Glen of Aherlow.

You lucky...... )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Faircity..Tracy in Dun Laoghaire. , Christy in Currys liffey valley recently..Leo Dowling regularly in Donnybrook and Bill Webster from Corrie at a Classic bike show in UK last October.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Snabe

Zumo Bishop was on my bus a couple of weeks ago. And was delighted when some woman loudly asked if he was on Fair City coz the whole bus heard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Saw the fella who used to be in Fair City in the Bohemian Pub in Phisboro - he played the part of Eunice's son, Hughie, very nice fella, really down to earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭cjbh

Snabe wrote: »
    Zumo Bishop was on my bus a couple of weeks ago. And was delighted when some woman loudly asked if he was on Fair City coz the whole bus heard!

LOL - so what did he say/do? <cringe>

you would think Fair City actors would know better than to take public transport!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I bumped into Don Fisher in Coles supermarket in Bondi Junction before!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

I've met a few around. I'm not a big fan of soaps so I didn't know most of their names.
    Was talking to Blacky from Glenroe two years ago when he came into the shop I work in. Also met Miley (Mick Lally) and another aul one (forget her name but she smoked like a chimney) from Glenroe when I was a kid visiting the set.
    The priest from Fair city came into my classroom when I was working once last year, but i only found out after he left.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

jos28 wrote: »
    I saw Zumo in Ikea today

Thats kool, i bet he Pulls a lot of birds on a night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Wuggectumondo

I used to be an extra on Fair City for about 5 years so have seen loads of the actors.

Outside of RTE I've seen Mondo in Lillies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

Was he (George McMahon) living in Celbridge for a while or am I confusing him with another similar-looking actor?
    I think he's got a stage school going on but maybe it's ondly seasonal?
    Saw an ad for it in my local Texaco in West CO. Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

I have seen Cleo in a train once, I was 12 & amazed that she was sitting across the way from me! I was too shocked to say hi. She was on bebo and listening to music.
    Thanks for the response!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Zumo Bishop

Thats kool, i bet he Pulls a lot of birds on a night out.
    hey its paddy i play zumo in fair city and i have a gf at de mo and tat ikea place would do ur head in its madness anyways i hope u like de show and keep watchin!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

I saw Miley from Glenroe when I was in school. He came to promote some cause.
    I saw Nicola from Fair City in a hairdressers.

BTW, Claudia Carroll is very ignorant in person. I said hi & she laughed & looked away. :mad:

I also saw Billy Connolly on Nassau street & Bizzare from D12 on O'Connell street. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

I've seen, (Don't know the actors' names but know them by their characters)

Lorcan, He lives in my area. His voice is slightly different in real life (no strong Dublin accent).

Richard- I've often seen him drop his kids off to school and talking to Lorcan in the local service station. lol

The schizophrenic character, he has driven around my area a few times.

The character who used to own Le Bistro, I saw him in Leopardstown Race course.

I've seen Ray in Crumlin Shopping Centre reading the Herald.

I saw Kylie in Tower Records on Wicklow Street.

I saw Leo in Nutgrove Shopping Centre.

oh and as I said in a previous post I saw one of the young actors (the guy who always wears the black canterbury hoody) in RJs nightclub in Churchtown.

Coincidentally I think most of them live on the southside, as opposed to their northside characters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 EDIROL

I got all excited the other day, my friend said "isn't that Robert Patinson",(hot vampire guy from Twilight film), we followed him and when he stopped we saw it was the guy who plays Ian, John Deegan's stepson(? not sure) He's sexy with stubble in real life,was in shopping centre.should see more of him, what happened to him and Sarah? more raunchy scenes wuth him pls!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭cjbh

hey its paddy i play zumo in fair city and i have a gf at de mo and tat ikea place would do ur head in its madness anyways i hope u like de show and keep watchin!

...well done you

1. Did you really break the concrete blocks yourself?
    2. Do you have AIDS. You were going out with a burd that had the AIDS.

Keep up the good work man, show is really good lately, some great scenes with Zumo especially

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mr biazzi

Seen Zumo in gakway few weeks back, Star struck. you always imagine them taller in real life.
    Never meet your heroes.

Seen your man who played Una's sister (the medium) in Dun Laoghaire last week. Think I seen Doug around too, or someone kid that's the spit of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Johnny Volume

Saw your wan who plays Suzanne Doyle on George's Street - she's got a great bottle of bass on her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭MikeyCdublin

Zumo lives beside me.An Im friends with Doug ferguson(Wes Doyle) and Denzo Bishop(Louie Magee)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

Zumo lives beside me.An Im friends with Doug ferguson(Wes Doyle) and Denzo Bishop(Louie Magee)

Yeah i saw Doug one the bus one day. Northside, number 11 or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Littlegirllost

i've seen the guy who plays Barry a few times, always walking across O'Connell Bridge

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

me and my mate were out and he met your one that is a chef and is with that geeky fella haha

Advertisement