Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LYIT Accommodation

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Chickah

aaahhh wrote: »
    I would not recommend that anyone stay at grand central apartments. my mates and i had really bad experiences staying there. the manager walks into the flats without giving notice whenever he feels like it, he gives out fines for everything, he doesnt give back deposits even if you leave the flat in perfect condition, he is a very unreasonable person to have to deal with. the flat are nice but the landlord makes them not worth it. the internet is crap and the flats can get really cold and to heat them up is quite expensive. i definitely think that they are not worth the hassle.

I'm going to LYIT in Sept to do my add on year and finish my degree, I did the first three years in Dundalk, I'm 22 and I've been looking at living in the Grand Central apartments,going to view them on Friday, but they seem to be getting mixed reviews on here and from whats said above I'm having second thoughts :eek: Anybody else got any thoughts on grand central? is it a good or a bad spot?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

Chickah wrote: »
    I'm going to LYIT in Sept to do my add on year and finish my degree, I did the first three years in Dundalk, I'm 22 and I've been looking at living in the Grand Central apartments,going to view them on Friday, but they seem to be getting mixed reviews on here and from whats said above I'm having second thoughts :eek: Anybody else got any thoughts on grand central? is it a good or a bad spot?? :confused:

they're ok, untill you go to move out. we lived there, and when we moved out, we spent 13hours cleaning the apartment, the place was spotless (through my eyes), but he came in saying **** like "it doesn't smell clean" etc. We were so tired we said "get the cleaners in to ****!". they aparently spent 4.5 hours cleaning the place (god knows what they were doing, the place was cleaner than when we got it!) also had to replace some sheets etc. Ended up being minus nearly €200from deposit. not cool.

And about the broadband, i'm not sure if it's been fixed, but when we were there it used to be very unreliable, going down every other day and the speeds were laughable.

However, in saying all this, the apartments were nice, clean etc. People seemed to keep somewhat to themselves (apart from meeting people in the halls coming back from a club!). Kinda miss the place tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Chickah

lila44 wrote: »
    However, in saying all this, the apartments were nice, clean etc. People seemed to keep somewhat to themselves (apart from meeting people in the halls coming back from a club!). Kinda miss the place tbh!

I went up the other day and thought it was pretty nice, good enough walk to the college though! but i don't mind that!:rolleyes: Think I'm gonna give them a go and see how I get on! At least there fairly private and as long as the ones I'm moving in with are sound, i'll not mind too much!:p
    lila44 wrote: »
    they're ok, untill you go to move out. we lived there, and when we moved out, we spent 13hours cleaning the apartment, the place was spotless (through my eyes), but he came in saying **** like "it doesn't smell clean" etc. We were so tired we said "get the cleaners in to ****!". they aparently spent 4.5 hours cleaning the place (god knows what they were doing, the place was cleaner than when we got it!) also had to replace some sheets etc. Ended up being minus nearly €200from deposit. not cool.

Defo not cool!:mad: I'd be ragin!!:mad: but hopefully it won't come to that! Thanks for the advice and feedback Lila!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 cocoxloco

whats the apartments like on walnut grove?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Buttercup18

the apartments in walnut grove are really nice... but there is usually a waiting list to get into them and this close to the college term I cant see you being able to get one.... Im going into fourth year nursing and in first year I lived in ballyraine halls which are great for meeting people, but not so good if you have to study!! So depending on what course your doing they might not be ideal!! This year I'm living in grand central apartments, there really nice, clean and close to everything, maybe give them a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 cocoxloco

the apartments in walnut grove are really nice... but there is usually a waiting list to get into them and this close to the college term I cant see you being able to get one.... Im going into fourth year nursing and in first year I lived in ballyraine halls which are great for meeting people, but not so good if you have to study!! So depending on what course your doing they might not be ideal!! This year I'm living in grand central apartments, there really nice, clean and close to everything, maybe give them a look.
    Thanks Buttercup :). I actually got a place there last week they seem really nice. I am going into first year nursing ! delighted. Do you know when the registration packets are being sent out?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Buttercup18

cocoxloco wrote: »
    Thanks Buttercup :). I actually got a place there last week they seem really nice. I am going into first year nursing ! delighted. Do you know when the registration packets are being sent out?

Check your private mail!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 laniganoath

hey im a first year student looking for accommodation doing computer games development,im 19 and like partying now and again but need some where quiet to study because i dont want to repeat yea no.so any ideas!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

hey im a first year student looking for accommodation doing computer games development,im 19 and like partying now and again but need some where quiet to study because i dont want to repeat yea no.so any ideas!:)

i lived in ballyraine. the apartments are very nice, and management are great too.

It was a party area, but if your housemates are decent, then you can party and also have your study time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 laniganoath

yea i seen them they look really nice.ha yea dont mind the partying and all just want to take this coarse seriously and not get wasted to much.yea i dont want to leave it up to luck if i get sound room mates and that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Chickah wrote: »

Funny enough from all the ones I know that lived there last year...they never had any complaints!

Guess out of that many apartments there are bound to be one or two who aint happy. Same with any big apartment complex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ckckelly

Im a 1st year from Mayo and started in the LYIT this year. I spent a week looking for accommodation and found to my suprise that the quality of the private accommodation was generally very poor and the price reflected the quality of the accommodation. I was also suprised to hear a few landlords did not return deposits!!!
    I was recommended by a friend to take a room at Ballyraine Campus and found that the accommodation offered was a very high standard compared to the rest. Although a little more expensive the package offered to me included all the utility bills.
    I am now living at Ballyraine Campus and i have already met alot of new friends. I believe i have made the right decision. So far so good...:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement