Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That cheap berlin chair at viking is back.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pappy o' daniel

Hey Cronos, the screws should be in the frame of the chair already, not in the bag with the
    silver things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

What company do they use to deliver in Dublin city centre?

I ordered one of these bad boys today!

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Hey Cronos, the screws should be in the frame of the chair already, not in the bag with the
    silver things.

Thanks man. I worked it out now with your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Got this chair today, very happy with it.
    Just wondering, does everyone else have a little give when you wobble side to side on it? I think its just the nature of how the top part slots into the base?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

Ush1 wrote: »
    Got this chair today, very happy with it.
    Just wondering, does everyone else have a little give when you wobble side to side on it? I think its just the nature of how the top part slots into the base?

There's a small bit of play alright but if it seems a little excessive go around and check every screw to make sure they're tight (don't forget the ones that are underneath). Sometimes when you tighten one screw it makes one you tightened earlier become a bit loose so you always need to double check with these things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Cheers OP! Mine arrived today (Tuesday) and I only ordered in Sunday afternoon! The screws caught me out as well! Great chair for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭F@ces

Is the back adjustable on these? Thanx.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I'd be interested in this chair. However I don't have a credit card, only 3V. Would I be safe in getting a €50 voucher to pay for this? Don't wanna end up coming up a Euro short or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

I'd be interested in this chair. However I don't have a credit card, only 3V. Would I be safe in getting a €50 voucher to pay for this? Don't wanna end up coming up a Euro short or something.

Total price for me was €54.66

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

F@ces wrote: »
    Is the back adjustable on these? Thanx.
    Well it reclines back when you lean into it but as far as I can see you can't lock it in a reclined position. Unless anybody can put me straight on that?

• Advertisement

You can prevent it from moving back by shoving the height adjustment lever in when it's upright. You can't lock it in a reclined position though.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭F@ces

Ush1 wrote: »
    Well it reclines back when you lean into it but as far as I can see you can't lock it in a reclined position. Unless anybody can put me straight on that?
    mobius42 wrote:
    You can prevent it from moving back by shoving the height adjustment lever in when it's upright. You can't lock it in a reclined position though.

Thanx a mil folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Just an update:
    If you try and find this chair through the Viking website (by going to the furniture section, or seaching for it), it's gone up to €49 (instead of 39). They've obviously put the price up a tenner on account of it selling well.

But if you follow the link on page 1, you can still find the chair on their system for €39. I ordered it and got it no questions asked. So anyone thinking of getting it should order asap, before they realise that the 'old price' is still on the system and ordereable.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 up-&-at-dem

Do they only deliver to Dublin?

Do they only deliver to Dublin?

Nope. Anywhere in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,736 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Ordered this yesterday at 11 o'clock and got it at half 10 this morning, put it together in a few minutes. The link posted above still works for the cheaper price. Real nice chair.

EDIT: and they also have free gifts from time to time, I got a box of Thorntons chocolates...

Cheers OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Still can't get over what a bargain this is.

Went to Ikea yesterday to see if i could disappoint myself by seeing that i could got something better....

But it's pretty unbeatable. Have two of them and the improve the way the office looks so much!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Effluo wrote: »
    Still can't get over what a bargain this is.

I'm tempted to get a second one in case this one breaks. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

You can spin around literally 20 times with this chair. It starts to slow down and you think it's going to stop, but it doesnt, it just keeps going :)

Worth the asking price alone imo, endless hours of entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

I had a customer there a couple of days ago he's also a mate and i asked him how much he thought i paid for them.....

He thought €200 cause in fairness....
    He's a bit thick, but they are a great deal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭pumbah

Berlin chair is still available (just ordered - thanks OP :)) - link in first post still works. The Malaga chair is also available at the same price (€39.99 ex VAT & delivery):
    http://www.vikingdirect.ie/a/sku%2Fbusiness%2FMalaga-High-Back-Leather-Faced-Chair-Black/pr=QD8&id=MALAGA/

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

Got this chair last week. I didn't find the quality that great. The metal under the arm rests is razor sharp already cut myself off it. Also one of the wheels is faulty and keeps falling out. I must get back on to Viking to sort it out.

Advertisement