Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man Gets Hit By a Train - NSFW

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

The original MoMo

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

inforfun wrote: »

The train driver had plenty of time to stop, can’t believe she hit the parent and child. Horrific ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 13,808 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Shur a buggy has no hope against a train. Bit scarred after that tbh, and I don't scar easily.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Staph wrote: »
    The train driver had plenty of time to stop, can’t believe she hit the parent and child. Horrific ☹️
    Easy for you to say.

Maybe the driver froze or the brake stuck,
    or maybe, just maybe smooth steel wheels on smooth steel rails have a very low coefficient of friction.

In an emergency a TGV Atlantique can stop in as little as 3.5Km , this train wasn't going that fast, but there was nothing the driver could do because - momentum.

I pity the driver, PSTD is a bitch even when you know you did every thing you could.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

You’re right, the driver could have froze when seeing them on the tracks. The timings on the barriers need to be looked at too, I don’t think they come down early enough. A bit more time and they may have been able to get off the tracks, they come down quite quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The original MoMo

Well except Momo is fake and this is very much real. :(

I'm sorry to drag this disgusting thread up again but I've been thinking about this guy and you know what, as dumb as he was to do what he did... At least he didn't have to live to see the absolute sh!tshow the world has become these last couple of months. Silver linings and all that. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

11 years and this vulgarity and perversion is still plain to see on this website.

Boards.ie admins should be absolutely ashamed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

Surely there is enough tragedy in the world at the moment without digging this up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Yester wrote: »
    Surely there is enough tragedy in the world at the moment without digging this up again.

To be honest,If he died of Corona virus would he be remembered 11 years later?
    No chance!
    At least he went out in a blaze of glory and is
    forever embedded in the minds of people worldwide!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

blade1 wrote: »
    To be honest,If he died of Corona virus would he be remembered 11 years later?
    No chance!
    At least he went out in a blaze of glory and is
    forever embedded in the minds of people worldwide!

He'll be imfamous forever .... :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gozunda wrote: »
    He'll be imfamous forever .... :(

Bumping this thread yesterday on April Fools is just wrong... someone's grumesome death isn't a joke.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Loughc wrote: »
    Bumping this thread yesterday on April Fools is just wrong... someone's grumesome death isn't a joke.... :(

Oh I agree but somehow I think the poor victims of such cruel fate do need to be remembered every year ...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,808 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

gozunda wrote: »
    Oh I agree but somehow I think the poor victims of such cruel fate do need to be remembered every year ...

While I agree, I don't think we need the visual reminder of the actual event. Just don't do it people!

Did the family ever come out with a statement?
    Poor souls, their lives torn apart forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Watched when it was originally posted...yeah he was a bit stupid but he didn't deserve that. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Can't believe this thread is back on top after the awful train tragedy today in Taiwan.

Sickening.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Can't believe this thread is back on top after the awful train tragedy today in Taiwan.

Sickening.

I noticed the OP closed his account. Couldn’t live with the guilt of posting this horror that he stepped away from social media forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭lucalux

MODS... what is happening here? How can this horrific video STILL be up on boards despite it's graphic nature?

I mean really, there is a limit. RIP, thoughts and prayers to the poor souls involved.
    Ar dheis Dé go raibh a h'anam dílis

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Siderodromophobia is justified.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Poor family don't even have the money to sue for gross negligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

I was talking about this with my young son at dinner earlier on today.

I thought that with the migration to vanilla this video might have been deleted or lost. No such luck.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mod: That's not a topic for the dinner table, nor is it suitable for children. For shame, Knucklehead6, what sort of a parent are you?!

FFS I clicked the link by mistake.

Just puked up my dinner so thanks a lot for that.😡

The type who wants to make sure my 5 year old never plays on the tracks. It’s quite simple really. If someone had spoken to the fool on the tracks here then the real victim (the train driver who has to live with the memory of all that blood n guts) wouldn’t have been out in that position

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I thought he/she/they meant not exposing kids to talk of migrating to Vanilla.

Thought New Home was a she?

Otherwise, yes, you (and (s)he are right... Vanilla migrations are not a suitable topic for any sort of conversation

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

Can't believe you'd bump this. Sick.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

1. I was told there are no girls on the internet. Unless they're very friendly and near you. But I'm not that kind.
    1. There's such a thing as being "age appropriate". Now you've put off your poor child from a career in Irish Rail for life. I hope you're proud of yourself.

• Advertisement

1) You are a mod. Of course you are not friendly.

2) HOW DARE YOU CRITIQUE MY PARENTING METHODS!!!

It is my job to make sure the child lives to get revenge on his own kids for how badly I've fcked him up, like my father did with me, his father did with him, and so on and so on back through 5 generations of KH's

Advertisement