Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TrackIR

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Something shiny in the room? I used get that with the hat clip when the missis walked behind me, sparkly clothes and jewellery used drive it mad, even sunlight coming in the window can do it. Thats why I'm using the trackclip pro, I've it modded onto to a cap as I don't use a headset

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

yup it's picking up something reflective behind you. You can see on the camera view.

Sunlight or a halogen lamp would be my guess

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Most likely sunlight, so gonzo do you sit in a dark room all day? :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Why me? I would if I had a track ir :D

I have had enough of this feckin thing, anyone want to trade something shiny for it? Window is right behind my PC and i aint moving the room around to play it or waiting till its dark to turn it on.

Things i need:

New GPU be nice (someone pmed me an offer but was full of poop)
    Kids pc needs upgrading.
    External 2.5 HD

Any of the above :D

• Advertisement

Quad? I got one here. I've mates big into flight sim might give cash for it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I have had enough of this feckin thing, anyone want to trade something shiny for it? Window is right behind my PC and i aint moving the room around to play it or waiting till its dark to turn it on.

Things i need:

Kids pc needs upgrading.
    External 2.5 HD

Im looking for TrackIR, ive an external Western Digital Passport 320Gig drive 2.5" HD( its the firewire one, i.e. was a lot more expensive than just the USB one, so it'll do 60-68Meg a second as opposed to the normal max of approx 44-48 on USB 2.0 ) and only needs to connect to 1 USB port if youre interested?

Its this one - http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.asp?driveid=571

dreamers75 wrote: »

Things i need:

Kids pc needs upgrading.
    External 2.5 HD

Just give it to Jigsaw :D

yeah, nevermind ill get one from the UK

Sweet TrackIR 5 on the way with the clip pro thingy, looking forward to it, should work well with Eyefinity.

• Advertisement

nice one, 129euro for brand new Track IR 5 and the clip delivered, works great, only tried Wings Of Prey sofar, must try Arma2

finally got around to getting rid of it, sold it to jigsaw for the price of a USB HD.

bastarding thing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Any of you guys try freetrack? Uses a webcam to do what track IR does for free (if you've not heard of it)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭medicman

lmimmfn wrote: »
    nice one, 129euro for brand new Track IR 5 and the clip delivered, works great, only tried Wings Of Prey sofar, must try Arma2

where did you order this from?, looking to get 2 and need to get best price.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

Just made a freetrack setup, cost about €15 parts and spare kit.
    l7X2ncfl.jpg

Works incredibly well!

Advertisement