Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The music.

Options
  • 18-07-2009 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭

Is it me or does that Sf4 main theme totally make you wanna kill yourself? Ugh you have to listen to it endlessly while you send messages too.

Speaking of messages wtf is the character limit all about? Its not a ****in mobile phone! It's just encourages txt speak too. Blrg noob u suk, get skilz - Gah!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

It makes me want to rip eyeballs out

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

IT WON'T EVEN MUTE!
    I've tried turning the music down to 0 stars, and I can still hear it.
    It even haunts me in my sleep...

Thank Christ for Daisuke Ishiwatare.
    He can do classy:

And he can RAWK OUT:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

How can ya not like indestructable? I love it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

try a bit of perspective lads. It's not so bad when you remember previous efforts, such as...

'gonna take you for a ride...'

dear lord that made my brain bleed.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

SDooM wrote: »
    try a bit of perspective lads. It's not so bad when you remember previous efforts, such as...

'gonna take you for a ride...'

dear lord that made my brain bleed.

The cheesy Ken music at the menus of HD remix does my head in,why does it have to so much louder than everything else!??The sound comes screaming out until your profile settings set in.

Indestructible kind of turns into white noise after a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

I've been using my own custom SF playlist from the start, I like the in-game music but hate the main menu music. Luckily playing your own music on the PS3 only takes over the main menu and offline music, once you play online the games music plays again, so basiclly it means I can have my own main menu music.

I used these : http://sf2.ocremix.org/

Not all of them though, the good ones are blankas , e.hondas, fei longs (fantastic), cammys, sagats, bisons, vegas. The rest range from ok to ****e.

A lot of those tracks ended up being re-edited and used in HD remix. (just in-case someone goes "Thats just the HD remix sound track" its not these have been out ages before HDR and they're better versions)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

I don't like most of the ocremix tracks,but I love Fie's remixed music,I always turn on the remixed music when I do training mode for a while and select Fei's stage.

Pity they couldn't have done something about Hawks music,that's the single most annoying track ever conceived,as anyone who's played on GGPO for any amount of time will say.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,884 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The music in SF2 was so good and iconic. Why can't capcom just hire the composer that did all their old games. I can't remember any of the SF4 music but can hum any of the SF2 soundtrack.

I like these tracks from SFIV :

and

which has two versions, heres the other :

However it must be said SF2 really had one of the best video game soundtracks ever, extremely catchy. Been humming that **** to myself for a decade now lol.

blag wrote: »
    I don't like most of the ocremix tracks,but I love Fie's remixed music,I always turn on the remixed music when I do training mode for a while and select Fei's stage.

Pity they couldn't have done something about Hawks music,that's the single most annoying track ever conceived,as anyone who's played on GGPO for any amount of time will say.

Remember the music in HDR is different to what I posted there, not all of what I posted there is even used in the game. HDR took someone of those tracks and re-mixed them even more to fit the game. If you like the fei long track, deffo check out the original full length version. HDR uses cut down versions.

Also blankas one is really cool and its not used at all in HDR.

i think the africa stage music is pretty cool. I don't think anyone is going to defend the next door though. :)

• Advertisement

SDooM wrote: »
    I don't think anyone is going to defend the next door though. :)

/heavy north dub accent:

"Theres always one"...

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Yeah, I was really surprised to hear how dreadful the soundtrack was. I mean, seriously!? Thats the best music they could come up with?

There are only 2 stages that I like the music for which are the deserted temple and tokyo overpass. Rest are total sh!te, in particular the airfield.

The themes aren't bad though. Ken's pretty cool, Abel's good too. Bison's brilliant! Guile's was nice at the beginning but gets irritating after a while..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

for the PC you can download alt music for the stages here.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=7099178&postcount=307

I personally don't like the new stuff though. For the menu music, well I have the music turned down as low as possible and have WMP playing in the background with my own tracklist on it. Works a charm, I can still hear the sfx but not the music.

There's also a pretty easy fix on srk to remove the menu music, you just replace the file with a 0 byte txt file and rename it to the one for the menu music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Look guys 2 words

GUILTY GEAR

...Nuff Said...

LOOK GUYS 3 WORDS

OFF TOPIC POST

nuff....said....

also:

mvc2 music owns

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

How can you not love "Indestructible"?! It's so bad, it's good!

Guile's stage in SF2 is easily the best music in a fighting game ever, for me!

Now back to listening to indestructible on an endless loop!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 smdylan

Listening to that on loop would be a good way to drive yourself crazy...
    anyway the hd remix version of zangiefs theme is pretty darn sweet :D
    the original never really stood out to me though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

smdylan wrote: »
    Listening to that on loop would be a good way to drive yourself crazy...

Thing is though, it's such an odd choice of music. Does the SF scene in Japan really listen to this kind of music? There's actually a lot of Japanese music that I don't mind, a lot of the stuff used during the intro for anime shows is pretty good

Another odd thing is that there actually is some decent tracks in SFIV that you rarely ever hear, the one on the volcano level comes to mind. Why they didn't use one of these for the main menu music I don't know.

Just for the record, it's not called indestructible, it's called the next door.

The vocal difference between the Japanese and English versions are quite interesting for the muso types out there...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I turned it off on the PC.

Can't do that on the 360 so I set it to the Jap version as its "slightly" better when you have no clue what he's saying. Though there are several english lines anyway :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,884 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

All you need to know are that the lyrics suck donkey balls.

Jesus, couldn't there be anymore lyircs? You know, to stop it going straight through your head?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

SoDoM wrote:
    [some crap stuck on loop]

SUPERIOR.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Jesus, couldn't there be anymore lyircs? You know, to stop it going straight through your head?

How many lyrics can fit in 8 seconds of music?

(note: 8 of the most awesome seconds there are)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

i remember after one of the MvC2 matches at evo, probably the semi finals, they left the console on with the music.....for about 40 minutes. After about 40 minutes the lyrics start to change into something else... its weird. Over and over and over :D

Dunno who came up with the idea to have a 7 second loop. They are a strange person.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    It makes me want to rip eyeballs out

The worst bit is when you're sitting in work the next day humming it, then you realise what you're doing and you want to rip your own ears off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    How can you not love "Indestructible"?! It's so bad, it's good!

Quoted for true justice!

For all the haterz out there! Sing along!!

I can feel it coming over me
    I feel it all around me
    I've been waiting for this moment all my life it's my destiny
    There's a fire deep inside of me
    it's waiting to come out now
    no matter what, no matter how, I know I'll make it through somehow

cuz when the road feels too long
    I'll still be holding on
    I'm gonna keep on going, I know I'll be strong

Indestructible
    I wont let nobody break me down
    Indestructible
    nothings gonna stop me now
    Indestructible
    gonna gonna make gonna keep on going
    Indestructible
    the last man standing

I'm ready for whatever
    I'm never giving up
    nothing can break my spirit
    cuz it's indestructible

can't explain it, it's incredible
    the strength I feel inside me
    nothing is impossible
    I know I'll find my way
    through a storm through the darkest night
    whatever comes it's alright
    Not gonna turn around I'm ready, for the future now

and when the road feels too long
    I'll still be holding on
    I'm gonna keep on going, I know I'll be strong

nothing is impossible
    if you really want it
    and I really want it
    not gonna stop, no matter what, no
    yeah this time, nothing can hold me back, no
    nothing can break me down, my spirit's indestructible.

Ah god bless homosexual j-pop bands.

Advertisement