Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2005 Nissan Almera Headlight's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 hge19

just bought a set of osram nightbreaker bulbs for my 05 almera. is this advisable?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭eyesofvenus

hge19 wrote: »
    just bought a set of osram nightbreaker bulbs for my 05 almera. is this advisable?
    Lol maybe you should have asked before you bought them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 hge19

Lol maybe you should have asked before you bought them :D

Thanks for not answerin the question

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,427 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I replaced the lights on mine with at first 8000k HID and now 6000k HID. Much better visibilty. This is replaced on the projectors, so there is on displacement of light. Cost me €100 or so. Might be an alternative choice. Took me about 15 minutes to replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Can you post some details on this?
    antodeco wrote: »
    I replaced the lights on mine with at first 8000k HID and now 6000k HID. Much better visibilty. This is replaced on the projectors, so there is on displacement of light. Cost me €100 or so. Might be an alternative choice. Took me about 15 minutes to replace.

I got mine sorted in the end. The holding bracket for the left one was broken (I've two theories about that). I think that had the affect of the light rattling too much and changing the focus. 200 installed with vat for that. I'm happy enough as my problem wasn't an issue with the lights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Lupo_solitario

Here is one of the replies from Nissan Ireland ,which is your usual fob you off answers , A bit like the answer i got from the the N.R.A they dont have statistics on individual failure
    rates for each model tested at a nct ,Cobblers at the nct they give you a printed sheet telling you why your car failed ,cant be that hard to have a worksheet breaking down the models and failure rates

Dear Mr. ***********,

Thank you for your e-mail.

As you can appreciate it would be difficult for us to offer you an objective comment based on your e-mail alone as there is so much information which is not available to us. This is one reason why we have established the Nissan Dealer network in order to give direct attention to matters raised by owners which could not otherwise be afforded.

While repair expenses are never welcome and are sometimes unexpected you do have our understanding in this respect. However, sometimes there are circumstances which are outside of the manufacturer's control which can have a negative effect on a vehicle. No two vehicles will have the same history once they are taken onto the road due to the diversity of conditions of usage, servicing, mileage etc. This is reasonable to expect particularly with a vehicle which is over 4 years old and purchased 2nd hand where there is a possibility of an unknown history.

As there was a 3 year /100,000km manufacturers warranty on the vehicle from new we fail to understand why the matter was not addressed within the warranty period if it was there from new. A Nissan Gold standard warranty is a seperate warranty from the manufacturer's warranty and any concerns regarding this warranty should be directed to the selling dealer. Once a vehicle is out of warranty there is no automatic right to further assistance. A Nissan dealer having inspected a vehicle and are satisified that the vehicle meets with certain criteria such as the original lights are in the vehicle and where there is no external influence to have caused a problem may apply to warranty for a goodwill gesture. Consideration is also given to the condition of the vehicle, the service history and the mileage.

Under the circumstances we would advise that you have your vehicle inspected by your Nissan Dealer who can advise you further on the matter.

Yours sincerely,

Nissan Customer Service
    Nissan Ireland.

Simple fact of the matter the Low beams are faulty ,I have the complete history of my car ,the lights are original never been damaged ,The cars should be recalled and the lights tested at a Nissan garage and replaced F.O.C ,there is obviously a major manufacturing defect in the projector lens in the low beams ,But no fear of nissan doing this as the cost involved ,as for fitting higher rated bulbs ,dont think this is the way to go the low beam projector is made of acrylic or something of the same nature so higher rated bulbs will just increase the fog that is on the projector beam and reduce the light further ,anyhow that is only my thoughts ,Ive been having this battle with nissan for months next step is small claims court

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,427 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Can you post some details on this?

I bought a HID kit online. Mounted the powerblocks to the body of the car (simple bolt to an place anywhere around the engine), replaced the bulbs with the HID ones and there you go! The fact its projectors means it looks good :cool:

They lasted a year before I had to replaced them. My lights are on around 3 or 4 hours a day every day, so thats some good lifetime in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Raf66

My 05 Almera failed the NCT recently as the tester could not get a reading from the passenger side headlamp. I went to get the lights adjusted in Advancee Tyres and was told that I need a new lamp - €250 to supply and fit. I can source one on-line for €150 and fit it myself. I contacted Nissan Customer Service. They made a big deal out of the fact that I hadn't got a Nissan full service history but suggested that I bring the car to my local Nissan dealer and they will submit a report. Local Nissan dealer effectively told me I would be wasting my time. If I don't get the lamp replaced by next week. I'll incur further expense for a full NCT re-test which will negate any taoken discount Nissan might give me. They shouldn't be allowed to get away with this and I think I will pursue with Nisssan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 samsboy

I dont think you are going to get any Joy from Nissan :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Mick K

Long story short without reading the whole thread cos my god its a biggy!

There was issues in the 04/05 headlights,There was an issue with the loom at the rear of the headlight burning and cosing poor light.Nissan Ireland prob replaced about7 sets of headlights on various almeras I sold over time and never had a prob,I suggest you get your chassis number and try get friendly with someone in the nissan check did your car recieve its headlights on the recall,If not then you have ammo for nissan.

This may have been said above and I apoligise for not reading all the thread.

• Advertisement

I ended up replacing both my Headlamps with genuine ones for E200+ Vat , fitted them myself and got them aligned . One of them was off & I m glad i got them adjusted , re-tested the car and Hey Presto passed on 2nd Attempt !!! My wiring was Fine , earlier models may have suffered from Wire-loom melt down . Mine is an '05 model ....:D . Thanks for all of the Replies ! I just hope i don't have to start all over again in 2 years time . My Problem was Diffuser element in Dipped Beam was gone in both Near and off side !

Samsboy,

Was there much involved in fitting them yourself? Did you have to remove the bumper? I'm not exactly a handyman!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Raf66 wrote: »
    Samsboy,

Was there much involved in fitting them yourself? Did you have to remove the bumper? I'm not exactly a handyman!!

They're quite easy to get out, two bolts and 3 wires if I remember correctly.
    You'll need to get them focused though.

samsboy: Where did you source your headlights?

Thanks for that. I'll give it a try. Gettying my lamp from www.micksgarage.ie - €148 delivered.

Raf66 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I'll give it a try. Gettying my lamp from www.micksgarage.ie - €148 delivered.
    Absolute junk,You'll be blinding owls in the trees.
    Genuine parts only when buying items such as lamps.

Mick K, did you look at the website - they seem to be genuine nissan parts

Ive gotten supposed OEM headlights from MicksGarage before,They are samora lamps they deliver or sometimes you'll get lamps from KC products.
    Trust me on this one.

Raf66 , They are very handy to replace ! If you are based in Dublin (Im in D-15) give me a shout + i'll do it for you , no bother at all . Are you replacing 1 or 2 lamps ? If you have not already placed the order , look for same deal as the one I got from Nissan . If replacing both ,( You can ring Patrick on 01-4569066 and order grey ones E188 for both units KC Products ). The only thing is unlike Nissan's Lamps these ones do not come with bulbs or motors . So you have to transfer all of these from your present lamps onto new ones . I tend to agree with Genuine Parts when it comes to Headlamps.... Try Nissan 1st

Raf66 , I paid Euros 243 all in to take them away from Hutton + Meade Nissan .+ Guess what , they gave me the lamps with Grey surround !!! If replacing both , Grey is Ok when you change both . Black ones are what was on Car from day 1 , Black ones are more expensive , But Nissan H & Meade fobbed me off by saying the Grey ones are the new improved Units , such Horse ****... Its all about saving money at the end of the day in every organisation including NISSAN.....................

No ,the bumper and grill stay in place . Just a couple of 10mm bolts thats all . 15 Mins to do both Lamps...

• Advertisement

Samsboy, Thanks for the advice

No worries , Raff66 ! Let me know how you get on with this issue ...

Colm ,

Do you know if Fully synthetic oil is advisable to use on an '05 Almera 1.5 Petrol ? I am using semi-synthetic and it seems to be using a litre every week or so !!!!

Cheers ...

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭THEDONWALDO

i wouldnt use fully snthetic in an almera,..its not recommended by the manufacturer, use semi synthetic.its very unusual for it to be using that amount of oil, you should check if you have an oil leak..be it the front or rear crank oil seal or the rocker cover gasket

hope this helps

colin

Colin ,

Thanks for your quick reply .

I ll have to check this problem out , maybe tommorow if its dry !

Would you think bringing this car to Nissan would be a good idea ?

Its my wife's car , with only 91K/Kms .

I don't think its burning oil as it passed Nct test about 2 months ago .

I will investigate it fully + will keep you posted .

Many Thanks ...

Colin ,

Is there a Breather valve on this Almera ?

If so does it get Blocked ?

Thanks ...

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭THEDONWALDO

hey samsboy

there is only 1 breather valve on the car, it is the pcv valve which would govern the air going into the crankcase. when you say breather valve do you mean egr valve..they are known to get blocked up but wouldnt be that popular. the best thing to do would to go to a dealer and get it checked out, just to be sure.

let me know how you get on

Colin ,

Thanks again for your prompt reply .

I will book it in to a Nissan Main Dealer & will keep you updated .

Cheers ...

Colin ,

I have bought Fully synthetic oil , and on the next oil change , I will use it along with a genuine Nissan oil filter and a new oil sump washer ! I am just trying a process of elimination !!!

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

My wife bought an early 05 Almera hatch, last year.
    The dip lights are a total joke, you can't see more than a few yards ahead of you.

NCT failed it on beams, I found that the housing around the bulb, was melted and the bulb and holder just fell out one day.
    The previous owner had done a botch job at repairing it.

Got my local garage to replace the light unit and focus the beams.
    It passed the NCT, but the light output is still absolute sh1te.

Advertisement