Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you were a mod...

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

Mod?

Weren't the Who the bestest Mods ever?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

...........I'd probably ban everybody and keep the whole place to myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Are you nut's!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I'd love to be any admin, banning people forever for things like "crappy username", "don't like your tone", "spelt 'orange' wrong" would be hilarious and psychology-toying beyond my dreams. Can imagine "Tommy130322" in prison going "Why was a banned for 'crappy username'? I never knew that was a bannable offense, this is ridiculous, waaaa".

I'm feeling faint...

jumpguy wrote: »

I'm feeling faint...

That would be down to your location, yes?:pac:

Nah I'm in the ISS. I'm a stowaway extra crew member they keep just in case. I'm kept in a cupboard with a laptop and there's "Break Glass if Needed" key outside.

I'd love to be any admin, banning people forever for things like "crappy username", "don't like your tone", "spelt 'orange' wrong" would be hilarious and psychology-toying beyond my dreams. Can imagine "Tommy130322" in prison going "Why was a banned for 'crappy username'? I never knew that was a bannable offense, this is ridiculous, waaaa".

I'm feeling faint...
    Nah I'm in the ISS. I'm a stowaway extra crew member they keep just in case. I'm kept in a cupboard with a laptop and there's "Break Glass if Needed" key outside.

Your Location is " In Orbit " see under avatar.

Yeah well "ISS" is too specific. You just dunno what kinda weirdo's are out there these days, I wouldn't give my exact location. In orbit is nice and general.

Addition: Just incase my shítty astronomy-related humour is being lost here, the ISS is a space station in orbit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

anyone else really enjoying the utterly random tags for this thread?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

smegmar you are a bad man, I wiolll teach you atr veggie beers, oh I will teach you, ban you from real life!

How long has Puas been around? Hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Orestes because I want to know if he is as angry in real life as he seems to be on here.

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Gordon, modding Prison looks like great craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭In All Fairness

Javaboy seems pretty cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Tar Aldarion. Just to see the amount of retards who PM him for cyber thinking he's a girl.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Tar Aldarion. Just to see the amount of retards who PM him for cyber thinking he's a girl.

deude thowe pmsare great, you know i usded to google 'hot girl' and stick
    image it in a pm to jsut mess with the,
    m/? YE thats me thaahah losers

You see folks, that's what happens when you give in to the cyber drug. Gibberish!

yore gibberish kenny, CU@LAN, gimme a lift/ xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

No one wants to be me :(

*sniff sniff*

Rabies wrote: »

*sniff sniff*

Yeah, that sucks. GL with that! :pac:

or me :D not even myself! :p

• Advertisement

*sniff sniff*

Not surprised. OWNED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Mairt wrote:
    A man who didn't fight for glory, or medals - but for the man standing next to him.

Mairt - what a bloke.

This is pretty much the gayest thing I've read on boards today... and I read the LGB forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

*sniff sniff*

It's probably the username.

"I want Rabies" doesn't sound too good out of context.

Not surprised. OWNED

thats it I've had enough

*takes shower with toaster*

lol suiceideowned, no soorry, i love you, you're a good diesease rabies, a fine dieeasse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Orestes because I want to know if he is as angry in real life as he seems to be on here.

I'm delightful and pleasant, I often spend days in the park talking to fluffy bunny rabbits while admiring rainbows and smelling the freshly bloomed flowers.

If anyone says otherwise I'll crack their head open with a wrench.

Huh?
    Suicide? No!!!

My toaster was dirty and I'm not long up. Need a shower.

Don't worry, wasn't gonna be plugged in.

*signs out and goes to PI*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

nedtheshed wrote: »

That would be telling.....

*signs out and goes to PI*

/goes to the pre moderated que to edit all incoming posts to something more amusing before approving them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'd be wibbs so I could have a Harlem of boards girls.

I'd only be sharpy if I could have a mirror and some privacy :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I'd be wibbs so I could have a Harlem of boards girls.

Jesus? A Harlem... I don't think I could handle a whole district of New York.

A Harem, on the other hand, would be just fine.

/pedantic.. sorry :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

brummytom wrote: »
    Jesus? A Harlem... I don't think I could handle a whole district of New York.

A Harem, on the other hand, would be just fine.

/pedantic.. sorry :o

iPhone auto-correction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Anyone else think RuggieBear is cool?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    I'd be DeVore the almighty god :pac:
    Prostitute boards out to dodgy companies and make piles of cash and then legger it :D

He'd never do that! Hang on... the words 'FaceButt' come to mind.
    Tags
    abnormal testicle growth, alcoholics anonymous, bollocko love machine, circle jerk, dr. feel good, goats blow mods, going underground, i blow goats, is tar a fella or wimmin?, kill me now, lesbian teen drama, ll cool b, modlove > manlove, nose bleeding randomly, painters radio, puas dublin, swine flu, the jam, twilight pwns, vegan and vegetarian, vespas are gay, wimmins exist here, worst thread ever, yoremasamod, zeppelin rule

Who comes up with these tags?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Confab wrote: »
    He'd never do that! Hang on... the words 'FaceButt' come to mind.

<_<
    >_>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'd be ruu

Everyone likes ruu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

...which mod would you be?

I think I'd be Thae. She can be nice, and yet has the capacity to be quite terrifying too. I'm sure I'd quite enjoy reading the abusive pm's too. I'd have a couple of glasses of chardonnay, kick back and cackle at how I can fcuk up someones day / how sad people can be.

:pac: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

PM sent.

Where can I sign up to these abusive PM's everyone speaks so highly of?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

PM sent.

Aw. Thanks :)

Confab wrote: »

Are you able to see who wrote them and stuff, random enoughhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

i'd be rabies.such a great mod.

*sympathy vote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

wudangclan wrote: »
    i'd be rabies.such a great mod.

*sympathy vote

Should be enough to earn one Get out of Prison token from Rabies.:pac:

Abigayle wrote: »
    I think I'd be Thae. She can be nice, and yet has the capacity to be quite terrifying too. I'm sure I'd quite enjoy reading the abusive pm's too. I'd have a couple of glasses of chardonnay, kick back and cackle at how I can fcuk up someones day / how sad people can be.

Surely you mean if you were mad....

and Chardonnay yuk.
    Try a nice Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon or a Rioja or an Chantai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

I'd be any mod that I was given the power to be, just so I could use the powers to ban every single person who made a joke about mods and rockers:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Abigayle wrote: »

Hey there is potential for some fun here .All the err....abused mods should compile a list of the most serious abuse pm's recieved then put them in a thread for all to view ,with the abusers username removed of course .After all ,assuming they have being banned , who going to know or care who sent what pm to what mod ? :pac::pac:

Advertisement