Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portsmouth to be relegated?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Bumpty bump.bump.com

Well, Al Fahim took over but has not exactly splashed the cash. Full list of Summer transfers:

PORTSMOUTH:

INS: Aaron Mokoena (free from Blackburn), Steve Finnan (free from Espanyol), Frederic Piquionne (loan from Lyon), Antti Niemi (free from retirement), Tommy Smith (£1.8m from Watford), Michael Brown (undisc. from Wigan), Kevin-Prince Boateng (£4m from Tottenham), Aruna Dindane (loan from Lens), Jamie O'Hara (loan from Tottenham), Hassan Yebda (loan from Benfica), Tal Ben-Haim (undiscl. from Man City), Mike Williamson (£3m from Watford).

OUTS: Djimi Traore (free to Monaco), Sean Davis (free to Bolton), Glen Little (free to Sheffield United), Glen Johnson (£17m to Liverpool), Noe Pamarot, Lauren and Jerome Thomas (all released), Peter Crouch (£9million to Tottenham), Callum Reynolds (loan to Luton), Sol Campbell (free to Notts County), Sylvain Distin (£5million to Everton), Matt Ritchie (loan to Notts County), Niko Kranjcar (£2m to Tottenham).

Johnson, Crouch, Distin and Kranjcar are huge losses to them while the players the have signed are not exactly superstars. Best price on them to be relegated is now 1.95 on Betfair. Currently sitting bottom of the league with zero points from four games.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,039 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mezcita wrote: »
    Bumpty bump.bump.com

Well, Al Fahim took over but has not exactly splashed the cash. Full list of Summer transfers:

PORTSMOUTH:

INS: Aaron Mokoena (free from Blackburn), Steve Finnan (free from Espanyol), Frederic Piquionne (loan from Lyon), Antti Niemi (free from retirement), Tommy Smith (£1.8m from Watford), Michael Brown (undisc. from Wigan), Kevin-Prince Boateng (£4m from Tottenham), Aruna Dindane (loan from Lens), Jamie O'Hara (loan from Tottenham), Hassan Yebda (loan from Benfica), Tal Ben-Haim (undiscl. from Man City), Mike Williamson (£3m from Watford).

OUTS: Djimi Traore (free to Monaco), Sean Davis (free to Bolton), Glen Little (free to Sheffield United), Glen Johnson (£17m to Liverpool), Noe Pamarot, Lauren and Jerome Thomas (all released), Peter Crouch (£9million to Tottenham), Callum Reynolds (loan to Luton), Sol Campbell (free to Notts County), Sylvain Distin (£5million to Everton), Matt Ritchie (loan to Notts County), Niko Kranjcar (£2m to Tottenham).

Johnson, Crouch, Distin and Kranjcar are huge losses to them while the players the have signed are not exactly superstars. Best price on them to be relegated is now 1.95 on Betfair. Currently sitting bottom of the league with zero points from four games.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

wait till jan ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

boyler been real generous with odds anyway 8/11 on burnley,hull and portsmouth :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

they look down and out after today even tho there is january!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Was really hoping David James would leave before the window closed to increase the chance of my bet coming through. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Of The players they signed, watch for Aruna Dindane. He is class, also I was trying to think of the worst premiership striker, thinking it was Bobby Zamora, I know who it is now, John Utaka. Hard to believe he scored a hat trick for Rennes at Lyon a few years back

7 defeats out of 7 games so far. Poor Pompey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Already talk of Strach been lined up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Gillington wrote: »
    Already talk of Strach been lined up.

Jaysus they must be in an awfull hurry to get relegated :p The new owners must have taken the 6/1 pre-season

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Rynaldo

Personally think they'll be safe :)

• Advertisement

Hart gets the boot. Were actually playing okay by all accounts.

Avram Grant being lined up to take over which is a bit worrying.

Hart gets the boot. Were actually playing okay by all accounts.

Avram Grant being lined up to take over which is a bit worrying.

Why would that be worrying :confused: He had an excellent record as manager of Israel guiding them through a qualification group containing France, Ireland and Switzerland unbeaten.

He has taken Chelsea further than they have ever gotten in Europe in one season and was inexplicably sacked.

TBH if anything he is far too good for Portsmouth right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Currently 1-2 ish to be relegated.

Great spot OP. Hope it pays off.

Why would that be worrying :confused: He had an excellent record as manager of Israel guiding them through a qualification group containing France, Ireland and Switzerland unbeaten.

He has taken Chelsea further than they have ever gotten in Europe in one season and was inexplicably sacked.

TBH if anything he is far too good for Portsmouth right now

You've misunderstood my post. He's a good manager. That's the problem. Me and others on here have bet on Pompey to go down.

You've misunderstood my post. He's a good manager. That's the problem. Me and others on here have bet on Pompey to go down.

lol sorry bud I thought you were a Pompey fan, I have porthsmouth backed to go down myself and agree this is not a good development for that bet, but in fairness no matter how good he is the squad is very limited nad he will need resources in January.

TBH it was one of the worst sackings ever - Hart's - pompey have been playing well and it looked like they had turned the corner.

lol sorry bud I thought you were a Pompey fan, I have porthsmouth backed to go down myself and agree this is not a good development for that bet, but in fairness no matter how good he is the squad is very limited nad he will need resources in January.

TBH it was one of the worst sackings ever - Hart's - pompey have been playing well and it looked like they had turned the corner.

No worries. Like these long term bets. Keep me interested. Following are heading off to the African Nations in January:

Nwankwo Kanu, John Utaka, Aruna Dindane, Hassan Yebda, Nadir Belhadj and Kevin-Prince Boateng (If called up).

Happy days.

Pompey to go into administration on Friday unless a buyer is found. Will mean a nine point deduction. Also means a temporary stay of execution for their winding up order from the English revenue.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/23/portsmouth-football-administration-premier-league

Money fight! Money fight!

Pompey to go into administration on Friday unless a buyer is found. Will mean a nine point deduction. Also means a temporary stay of execution for their winding up order from the English revenue.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/23/portsmouth-football-administration-premier-league

Money fight! Money fight!

Yeah 9 point deduction happened. Money in the bank now.

Aye. Well done. Just a matter of time now.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

One of the best long term bets ever! Well done OP.

• Advertisement
Advertisement