Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book Depository

Options
  • 14-07-2009 7:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭

The Book Depository web site is down for maintainance at the moment and offering vouchers (value unknown) for use when it comes back up. I guess this offer won't last for long, get it while you can!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Cheers, no mention of the value of the voucher in the sent message is a bit odd - we'll have to wait and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭taung

I'd be very surprised if it was more than a sterling pound or two!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭brosna

taung wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if it was more than a sterling pound or two!

A pound or two is better than nothing !

Thanks OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Even better:
    turgon wrote: »
    Just a heads up there, the Book Depository had a system upgrade this morning and now that theyre on-line again they appear to have slashed all their prices.

Example: One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest (Penguin Modern Classics) just over €6. Free delivery as usual.
    Kim (Oxford Worlds Classics) for only €5.50.

John McGahern books under €6, theyre something like €11 in Easons.

The website sometimes times out though, and returns blank content. If you could order some books there youd be laughing.

Unfortunately Im too broke.

Heres the email received:

"As a thank you for your patience you can use the following code in your basket to get 10% off your order:

itlives (this will only work until the end of tomorrow, July 15th).

In order to use the code you MUST visit the site via the link:

www.bookdepository.co.uk/andweareback "

Enjoy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Yup, 10% not too bad at all. Shame you have to use it before tomorrow though

Did you notice the reduced prices?

Im supposed to be saving for holidays (and Im real broke) but I ended up getting 5 books for €27.50, thats €5.50 each. And theres Penguin Modern Classics in there, that cost about €11 in Waterstones. Its nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I know the Book depository used not accept laser but am just wondering do they now? I am not expecting my replacement Credit card til the end of the week, (when the 10% offer is over:(:()

Advertisement