Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deep House

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

presume you've heard nick curly's stuff?

lots of the stuff on his Cecille imprint is worth a look. I like the way minimal, tech-house and techno have decided to invite deep house to live with them lately. Some real nice stuff coming out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Ive a good bit of deep house stuff, Ill play it tomorrow night in my slot on the Kitchen Sync. 10-11pm

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Nice on VJ I'll be sure to tune in.

JT Yeah I know one of his tracks but will be sure to check out more. Any others recommendations?

I recorded a mix just now with some deep smooth stuff - as soon as I upload it I'll post it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Yeah im into deep house but only when it's mixed up with some soulful and funky house, on it's own it becomes a bit mundane after a while,everyone talks about Kerri Chandler and while he is very good there are other good DJ''s,etc like Etienne de Crécy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

EDC is pretty good alright, esp. the Super Discount album. Prix Choc in particular is a great tune, as is his remix of Air's "Soldissimo" - a very relaxing tune.....

Miles away from the Cecille sound though Johnny, but good shout mate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭nonsense42

Ive been banging out that Caught In A Glimpse track for ages.Its such a stunning number.

Also Id agree with Flynn Dog.Cecille is definitely not deep house.

Try Terry Lee Brown Junior or The Timewriter for some real quality deep.Love TLBJ

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

2 words - Peace Division! They are just quality, have been following their stuff for years and it's always top notch.

A lot of what I'd play is kind of between the genres of Deep House and Tech House, depending on who you are talking to they might describe it as one or the other. I don't get too bogged down in genres though, I'd play stuff that's up as Techno and Minimal on beatport too.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

motor city drum ensemble - their stuff is usually good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

i don't do bandwagons mate and never have, if i like something im into it,if not then im not, ive liked deep house since it some of the first tracks appared in the early 1990's but as i said it has to be mixed up with soulful and funky house.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

:eek:

Lotto numbers please, euro millions if possible.

Oh and what are your thoughts on 2012?

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

joker77 wrote: »
    2 words - Peace Division! They are just quality, have been following their stuff for years and it's always top notch.

A lot of what I'd play is kind of between the genres of Deep House and Tech House, depending on who you are talking to they might describe it as one or the other. I don't get too bogged down in genres though, I'd play stuff that's up as Techno and Minimal on beatport too.

Haven't listened in ages but I used to love Peace Division too, bought a lot of their tunes and remixes around 2002 or so I think...

Also from around the same time, NRK Sound Division was a good label for some deep house tunes -

http://www.discogs.com/label/NRK+Sound+Division

Seem to be still going, well up to last year anyway from what I can see there on discogs.

Felixdhc wrote: »
    :eek:

Lotto numbers please, euro millions if possible.

Oh and what are your thoughts on 2012?

:D:D:D

Love Deep House myself,

These days I'm Listening to some old Kevin Yost, Ron Trent, Clara Hill, Jus-ed, Manuel Tur, Moodymann, and The Rurals.

The fish go deep podcasts on itunes are sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Haven't listened in ages but I used to love Peace Division too, bought a lot of their tunes and remixes around 2002 or so I think...

Also from around the same time, NRK Sound Division was a good label for some deep house tunes -

http://www.discogs.com/label/NRK+Sound+Division

Seem to be still going, well up to last year anyway from what I can see there on discogs.
    Yea have been well into them since about '99/2000 - their remix of Roaches got me hooked. You could easily still play that track now, it's quality. They did a remix on Hooj of 'The Dj, The Music and Me' which I had at the time, around 2001 I think, that appeared then on Dubfire's Taipei GU mix 6 years later!
    They still knocking stuff out, they've released on Tsuba and 8bit over the last few months

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

One of my favourite house tracks. Chilled out, soulful with soothing vocals from Arnold Jarvis.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A_Fitz

Mr.Cutting-edge speaks......y'all better listen now!

DJ Bone: ...I do my homework, and if they say “deep house is the new minimal”, I know about it. That’s my job. But it’s more about looking at the people.

When they said, “oh minimal, minimal”. I say Richie Hawtin versus Rob Hood, you know what I mean? Weight the options. When they say “deep house”, I say okay your boy or whoever they’re saying deep house is and Kenny Dixon Jr. You tell me what deep house is. No contest as to what the real **** is.

DJ Bone clearly reads my posts too...

http://www.smartshanghai.com/blog/1353/Interview:_DJ_Bone.html

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

+1 on Manuel tur, I love 0201.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

he sounds like a right prick that fella

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

seannash wrote: »

I kind of get his point but then he just doesnt make it in a very good way. Those Detroit guys have a bit of a chip on their shoulders anyways. And DJ Bone more so than most.

As for Deep House. Its not really my bag. I thought Milton Jacksons album was decent but thats a bit more Techy than his usual stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

seannash wrote: »

agreed. chip on shoulder doesn't begin to describe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anybody ever hear of an artist called big moses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

A mate of mine who's big into Detriot stuff said that Omar-S is perhaps the worst of them all for being a big headed ****.

I wouldnt mind, but his album 'Just Ask The Lonely' is absolutely pathetic. Its like something id make after a week getting used to ableton or fruityloops.... I dont know how he got so big with that pile of ****e. He even has his own label now (mind you, who doesnt)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭francois

• Advertisement

Advertisement