Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever Decreasing Circles:

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    And then wash your hands :pac:

It would be interesting swallowing salt pills if you didn't??:pac:

What gastro impacts have/can you get from Ibuprofen? Never noticed anything myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

menoscemo wrote: »
    What gastro impacts have/can you get from Ibuprofen? Never noticed anything myself...

Never had any issues myself, but MrsBB can't go near it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

From 'Anatomy for Runners':
    The swelling and pain suppression from NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) results in a delayed and slower healing response than would have been possible without the NSAIDs.

Although I'm sure there's probably evidence to the contrary too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

BeepBeep!!! :D What is it you say? Keep it between the ditches! And what is it I say? Stay away from the orange juice!!!! ;)

Have a great race, Dom. You really, really deserve to have an amazing day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭overpronator

Best of luck Dom, hopefully catch up with you at some stage afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Good luck dom. Your training has been fantastic - you are really fit. hope the ribs are ok and that you have a great race.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

Have a fab weekend Dom, couple of decent scalps there for the taking (Farah, Kiprotich, Mutai ... :pac:)

Seriously though, will be eagerly following progress on Sunday morning, you should be going into this with great confidence built on a great training base.

Enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

have a great run!

Thanks all, feel like I'm in the best shape of my 'master's' life, feeling relaxed and ready to give it a good shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,622 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Best of luck BB, fantastic training done, pity about the basketball practice:)

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Badreputation

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Good luck BB, I really admire your commitment and hope it pays off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Best of luck Dom - Some 'ferocious' training going on here and you deserve the fruits of your labour!
    Enjoy the beers afterwards too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Stazza

Good luck BB - if consistency is the secret, then it's time for you to cash in with the running Gods.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Best of luck on Sunday in Rotterdam Dom!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Best of luck Dom. Probably one of the most consistent training blocks racing this weekend and no doubt it will yield benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Best of luck. Score one for the veterans !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Keep it swift! Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Best of luck tomorrow. Savage training once again. I'll be following tomorrow and encouraging you on from afar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Have a great day tomorrow BeepBeep. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Dom, today is a day that in 20 years time will stand out as a story to be told.
    You've done remarkably well in this training cycle and it won't be lost.
    #allaboutthejourney.

Glad your ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

^^^^ +1

Look at all that you have accomplished getting to this day - the PBs you've set, the races you've smashed, the respect you've earned. Props, Dom. Props. :)

Dom - Come on over to Dusseldorf and join me on 27th April and get the marathon time you deserve!
    Yesterday's race and the time you dropped out should mean it won't take too much out of you and provided the ribs are healed you'd rip around that marathon course. G'wan, ya know you want to!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

or Limerick or Cork...

RayCun wrote: »
    or Limerick or Cork...

Limerick would be an option alright but I'd say Cork will be too long coming around for Dom as I reckon he's eager to get racing at shorter distances!

Low point for me this week, no real improvement, 2 short runs a 3 and a 5 and 2 spins on the bike, even getting down on drops is restrictive.
    Almost ran the Lusk EoI marathon yesterday but a come to Jesus chat with Mrs BB ended that thought, in fairness she was right.
    Will limp along for a few more days and probably line up in the county 5k on Weds and make a call from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,503 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Marathons are for noobs. All the cool kids are doing the shorter stuff these days. Any sign of an improvement with the ribs?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,622 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

BB,

Join the unfinished business brigade in Limerick, if the injury has healed, you'll blast it.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

One of those things - i wouldnt say it was muppetry, you cant stop being a dad just cos theres a race coming up.

^^^ wise words them!

Hope you're doing Ok Dom

• Advertisement

Any sign of an improvement with the ribs?

The pain from movement when running seems to have gone, but I haven't really tested them for any great length or pace.
    Still painful to breath deep, coughing, laughing, etc and haven't had an uninterrupted night's sleep since it happened.

Advertisement