Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some "interesting" videos...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I think I speak for all serious players when I say: infinites are always allowed, "X repetitions" is unenforceable.

You might as well ask me to not play Abel vs FB characters because "OMG, his Ultra goes through FBs, so broken!"

Love the player, hate the game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

"X repetitions" is very much enforcable.

" Deadbody infinites are allowed to gain a positional advantage, but not to delay the game."

That is from the MvC2 rules for Evo.

Pretty sure it just means "you can hit an opponent's dead body until it's in the corner".
    *edit*
    Yep, that's pretty much what it is. You can infinitely combo a KO'd opponent, and then keep doing it until timer runs out. The rule is that in tourneys, you're only allowed to combo the body until it hits either wall -- then you have to stop.
    Only applies to MvC2 due to the 3-per-team system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Some more obscure fighting game silliness, this time from Eternal Fighter Zero.

EFZ is Guilty Gear without the ridiculous characters.

However, every time I play it & switch to SF3, SF3 is running like it's on FFWD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

That's what Street Fighter is all about. What a battle!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

(o_O)

@ that ryu v akuma match there, about 2 min in, the c mk to ex fb FADC ultra was something I was messing with in training ages ago and the ultra would never hit them. I assumed it just wasnt possible, dunno wtf he did different to me there, must test it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    @ that ryu v akuma match there, about 2 min in, the c mk to ex fb FADC ultra was something I was messing with in training ages ago and the ultra would never hit them. I assumed it just wasnt possible, dunno wtf he did different to me there, must test it again.

Yeah it can be done alright. Strangely, he never did it at EVO? Seems to use it a lot more now.

Saw alex valle do it at EVO and I was amazed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

why not just do c.mk ex hadouken to ultra, no FADC

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Placebo wrote: »

Indeed,pretty easy in a corner too.Is it possible away from the corner though?

Placebo wrote: »

Can only be done in the corner. Away from the corner you have to FADC to land it

animaX wrote: »
    Can only be done in the corner. Away from the corner you have to FADC to land it

I just went into training mode to have a look,it's definately possible away from the corner against Rufus,Balrog and Geif,I'll try the rest.

Works against Bison too :( so probably the rest.I'm sure Ryu players know more.

blag wrote: »
    I just went into training mode to have a look,it's definately possible away from the corner against Rufus,Balrog and Geif,I'll try the rest.

Wow! Didn't know that. But do you have to be right next to the character for it to land? What if you land a cr.mk poke from a distance?

animaX wrote: »
    Wow! Didn't know that. But do you have to be right next to the character for it to land? What if you land a cr.mk poke from a distance?

Doing it from Cr mk poke doesn't seem to work but cr lk works ,timings a wee bit tight but usable.

That one was posted by Proxicide to youtube so I assume he made it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

So I was playing some SF4 last night against some guy's Ryu and at one point his FA traded with my sweep (don't ask why I was trying to sweep him out of a FA). He was knocked down but because I was crumpled from the FA he had time to get up and land a sweep and it counted as a 2-hit combo.

Immediately, I was reminded of this:

This "director's commentary" is a great read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

• Advertisement

I wish I could play Honda this well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

:eek:

That combo at 41 seconds is one of the best i've seen yet. The scaling makes it ineffective.....but its just SO impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

It'd be impressive if it was a player actually doing it rather than a macro. :pac: (still awesome though)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

My brain just overloaded with awesome... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Kirby wrote: »
    :eek:

That combo at 41 seconds is one of the best i've seen yet. The scaling makes it ineffective.....but its just SO impressive!

The poor fat man never had a chance....:(

is that in a game? think looks like its made with a 2d game maker engine, kof or summit

• Advertisement

Nah,it's not in game,which I would have assumed was obvious!

Here's a link to where I came across it on SRK,I like it.

Advertisement