Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some "interesting" videos...

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Ladies and Gentlemen, a fucking master class in how not to commentate. Makes my blood boil to see someone ridiculing new players on stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Don't be silly, that's just american humor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Don't think this was posted (mock and shame if wrong), but an interesting documentary on the Smash Bros competitive scene (First of 9 parts - all available on: https://www.youtube.com/user/EastPointPictures?feature=watch - remastered version coming November 26th though mainly audio changes)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    an interesting documentary on the Smash Bros competitive scene

That's a really great documentary, despite the time investment.

I knew nothing about US Smash before watching it, and now I feel like an expert on their history. Job done. 10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Terrifying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Well, I wont be sleeping for about a week after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

That was a really good documentary. Long, but really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Nutrient wrote: »

LED LIGHTING!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I showed that ad to a friend in work who doesn't play fighting games and he messaged me back saying he had to buy one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

I was disappointed by the fact that at the Xbox One tour the sticks they had were just standard TE's with KI artwork and not these super ultra LED ones.

I haven't watched any raw unedited casual FG matches since the death of Excellent Adventures.

But I stuck on Ultrachen's "Almost Adaquate Adventures" while I was making dinner yesterday, and they seem to be having a blast just playing Hyper Fighting. Now I'm really hyp-.... er... excited to play it!

They drop some interesting trivia on the mechanics as they play, versus the ones more commonly known in ST / SF4.

This is what was called Champion Edition on the Megadrive right?

Back before the 4 Devas had actual animations, half the moves in the game aren't there, and Vega goes up on dat fence.

Special Champion Edition on the Mega Drive yeah.

They weren't allowed to have Hyper Fighting/Turbo on the Mega Drive due to Capcom's deal with Nintendo, so they just changed the name.

HF is the best version of SFII imo.

Special Champion Edition on the Mega Drive yeah.

They weren't allowed to have Hyper Fighting/Turbo on the Mega Drive due to Capcom's deal with Nintendo, so they just changed the name.

HF is the best version of SFII imo.

Beyond my initial plays on World Warrior machines, and Rainbow edition cabs, "Special Champion edition" on the Megadrive is where I learned to play SF2. I don't believe I've ever played it in the arcade or emulated. We should do casuals!

It's actually directly why I bought a stick in this gen.

"If I'm going to back into fighting games, I don't want to erode my thumbskin away again."

Because the Megadive d-pad was like a vegetable peeler for human flesh. I probably didn't have a left thumbprint for that summer...

Mega Drive/Saturn d-pad is one of the best ever for fighting games. Up there with the SNES.

Doesn't mean it's not painful.

Sure Doom and I only got about 4 or 5 matches of SNES SF casuals at that Thomas house thing a while back; before we both gave up our spots due to sore thumbs.

Regardless of what the best d-pad is, I think sticks are way more comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

It's a damn shame 4 face buttons became standard over 6.

I found Doom's favourite match video of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I found Doom's favourite match video of all time.
    That last round was actually hype as ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

eSports commentary...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

eSports commentary...

Some great lines in that. My favourites were "Guile using that wall to his advantage." and "That double triple kick." Not to mention referring to Dieminion as "EMP" the whole time.

I got to the end of the first round and couldn't take anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Sick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

oh my god I giggled so bad.

This is why we should have got a PC version of UMvC3.

Cool little video on Darkstalkers history with Daigo & Sako.
    Translation is a bit a iffy (e.g. Seiba = Saviour) but it's understandable enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

The Eduardo salt stare lol

Interview with Sandford after NEC. Sick crowd reaction video in the second half of the clip.

Advertisement