Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some "interesting" videos...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Ah couldn't make that out before. I still think it was rigged anyway, too convenient to have another 5-0 after the first one, and Jago was definitely playing conspicuously terribly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Debate's over. Done. Dusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

1850825-trapcom_super.jpg

want

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

esports Art, lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭hdaniel

If any of you guys seen the FingerCramp sfxt tourny,jago was doing the same stupid things that people are saying showed he threw the match.He pretty much never taged out a low health character then eitheir

Sexual harassment wa yurusan!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Juicebox often rants about the state of SF4 ( and other FGs in general ) online players. This is just one of them, it can really be applied to any other fighting game as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

He is one tiresome ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Darachnid

Evo 'Columbine' candidate imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭albel nox

He sounds like a child. The general tone i get from that is "i am tizz awesomes yous are scurbs, how dare you beatz me"

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

I think it's really good

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Darachnid

"Those are my cheetos, are you frikken high?" result: *MGB to the face*

He should link up with David Hasselhoff "giving out for eating burger pissed" daughter, together they could give birth to the most annoying child ever born.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

I believe the lads met him at EV0 last year. He said some nice things and gave them some tips afaik.

He obviously doesnt approve of the online gamer thinking theyre good with all their PP/BP. He does refer to everyone in general who questions why they're not getting better but dont know why. He's right about watching videos and knowing frame data/normals that for situations etc.

I found it a good listen. Had me thinking about a lot of people I know

Juicebox makes lots of sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭albel nox

The Hound wrote: »
    I think it's really good

Yeah he has got a point and is most likely right. I would most likely be one of the ppl he is describing.I would like to get better but am not too sure which way to go about it (a working xbox would be a start :P)

But from the way he was speaking i just took his attitude away from segment, not his point. Which seems like something he honestly doesn't want to do as he states that he wants to help those ppl.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I like Juicebox's approach to learning and teaching Street Fighter.

I thought his podcasts were excellent, I wish he still did them.

It's probably worth pointing out that this video is a tactical cut from his live stream, which doesn't include the question he was responding to.

It might seem really aggressive and negative out of context, but the question might have been "Why do online warriors never place at big tournaments and/or suck as bad as they do" or something.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

He did sound like a bit of a knobhead there in fairness.

The point he's making is fine and I agree with what he's saying. But its just the way he goes on the attack that annoyed me.

He could have just made his point, there was no need to go and belittle "99%" of his audience. According to him, even if I have been learning and understand a good deal of the game mechanics, if I can't beat Tokido consistently offline then I'm "just another stream monster" who apparently "can't turn a piece of information into knowledge."

Well just because you have way more hours to sink into these games than I do Juicebox, it doesn't make you a better person than me.

You'd swear he was the best in the world and winning majors all over the place from his talk. This is the kind of stuff that makes fighting games look distasteful to newcomers.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Don't think he sounded that bad. A lot of the improving stuff makes sense (if you are **** at something, practice to get better at it.) He has improved quite a bit, and if you follow his stuff, he takes a lot of accountability for his losses, which is a very positive outlook in a (at times) somewhat negative community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Towards the end is good where he talks about people not knowing why they lose. Its like when people ask for tips when all they have to do is look and think about how they lost.
    I have problems with cody. I dont need any tips, i know why i lose and what i need to change. Getting out of the bad habits in the matchup is another thing :pac:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Told you all at casuals that Raccoon is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

That was some exceptionally Hype anti-Phoenix Tech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

mortal kombat vs street fighter

edit: tabs working 2day,yeay!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

• Advertisement

Advertisement