Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is it about Ireland in a recession

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Tyler MacDurden

apoch632 wrote: »
    That attracts herself?? :D:D:rolleyes:

http://bit.ly/oOETI

I was just thinking the same bloody thing. You think we're making progress and then... this.

A girl who has braved the gauntlet of lunatics posted the following over in After Hours:

Originally Posted by panda100
    Im down in Rathkeale visiting the rents at the moment, I swear there is never a dull moment in this town!

Just went to see the 'apparition'.
    About 100 cars parked outside.
    Photographers and reporters everywhere.
    Theres a vigil around the tree stump of about 60 people saying the rosary.
    Theres a queue of about 40 people waiting for a blessing of some healing eucharist minister.

Storys doing the rounds are that they tried to cut down the tree earlier and the saw broke. Then when they tried to saw it again It didnt even make a dent in the tree.The settled Rathkeale travellers have said that If they want to cut down the tree then they'll have to get through them first.

Il be back tommorow selling holy water bottles and rosary beads!

Words fail me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I reckon I could cut down the f*cking tree :rolleyes:

MORONS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Dave! wrote: »
    I reckon I could cut down the f*cking tree :rolleyes:

MORONS

And make it into paper that goes into a reprint of The God Delusion

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

people turning to religion in hard times shocker!! more details on page 6

turn to page 19 for tips on sniffing your own farts from the irish atheist society.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Be da holy jaysus, I'm converting. Is there a form to sign that cancels the form that I signed to cancel my baptism?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

I see a hoof instead of a hand, hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Bougeoir

How do they know it's the Virgin Mary on the tree stump if nobody knows what she looked like (or indeed existed) to begin with? I found it amusing that the priest dismissed it as a load of nonsense and told them to stop worshipping a tree! haha As for Michael Jackson appearing on trees, those people are just deluded as the Rathkealians. Idiots! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Zillah wrote: »

You know, I can usually see at least what these people are talking about, even though they're usually just vague outlines, but I can't see anything on that one. Or, to put it another way, "you know I try to put the best face on everything, but there is no face on those damn beans!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Soul Winner

Zillah wrote: »

My money is on Chewbacca :D

Chewbacca.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

“There’s nothing there, it’s just a tree. People shouldn’t worship a tree”, Fr Willie Russell said.
    Says the guy with an effigy of two planks of wood hanging around his neck. :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Evolution at work. The tree has learnt that to survive in this environment it has a better chance if it has a branch shaped like the virgin mary.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

mewso wrote: »
    The tree has learnt that to survive in this environment it has a better chance if it has a branch shaped like the virgin mary.
    Survive? Looks to me like it's suffered some seriously fatal knife wounds:

1224250319175_1.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

robindch wrote: »
    Survive? Looks to me like it's suffered some seriously fatal knife wounds:

I'm sure it will rise again.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

eoin5 wrote: »
    I see a hoof instead of a hand, hmmm.

The Virgin Mary has come to warn us all of swine flu!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

what the **** is that picture all about? the virgin ****ing mary? are irish culchies seriously that retarded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Jesus: I was on 5 pieces of toast last week.
    Mary: I'll get back to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

It would be funny if it wasn't so scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Goduznt Xzst

robindch wrote: »
    1224250319175_1.jpg

In other news, tacky plastic crosses, rosary beads and glow in the dark Mary figurines have seen a spike in sales in the limerick area.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I had a look at the "apparition" and genuinely laughed out loud. The term clutching at straws comes to mind

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

I've news for these people: Assuming she existed, she was no virgin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,970 ✭✭✭✭bnt

What kind of plank would fall for this? Does this happen in any other branch of Christianity? I'm just stumped ... :pac:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Does anybody else think that it's a bit ironic that "she's" wearing a cross around "her" neck?

'tis a bit sick to wear a symbol of your crucified son around your neck, when you think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

Who cuts down trees like that? I usually just cut horizontally through the trunk... or if I'm feeling a bit artistic, I'll cut out a wedge and push it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I just saw the picture now, funny stuff! Better use Ronseal Five Year Woodstain....does exactly as it says in the bible on the tin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Quote of the day from the local priest.
    Local parish priest Fr Willie Russell said on radio station Limerick Live 95FM yesterday that people should not worship the tree. “There’s nothing there . . . it’s just a tree . . . you can’t worship a tree.”

Sometimes sense comes from the most unlikely of sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭darjeeling

I'm sure this has been posted somewhere in this forum before, but I'll post it here for anyone wanting to familiarise themselves with the complete works of the great cosmic tag artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

mewso wrote: »
    I'm sure it will rise again.

In tree days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

A virgin in Limerick .. now that would be a miracle ... w'ah w'ah w'ah :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

i once met a fine limerick lady
    someplace formidably shady
    she said it was her first time
    but that was just a line
    I'd been barking up the wrong tree:p

Advertisement