Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

miriam o callaghan show

Options
  • 08-07-2009 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

ive tickets to go see miriam o callaghan show but ill be under pressure to make it. im not really pushed with it to be honest but ill be really mad if i dont go and the audience end up gettin good freebies or there are good guests on!
    anyone watched it before and seen is it likely they give out freebies like the late late etc??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Moved from After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

ive tickets to go see miriam o callaghan show but ill be under pressure to make it. im not really pushed with it to be honest but ill be really mad if i dont go and the audience end up gettin good freebies or there are good guests on!
    anyone watched it before and seen is it likely they give out freebies like the late late etc??

I watched it once. It's generally a Fianna Fail wife bringing on a Fianna Fail politician near the end (can't wait for Fianna Fail's Ryan Tubridy take over of the Late Late) in a wheelchair. And we all promise to vote yes to Lisbon re-reun '09. Then a sing-song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Seen it a few times I've been unfortunate to be in on a saturday night recently. There's always a sob story. Oh and does Miriam always wear the same dress? Seems like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

I watched it once. It's generally a Fianna Fail wife bringing on a Fianna Fail politician near the end (can't wait for Fianna Fail's Ryan Tubridy take over of the Late Late) in a wheelchair. And we all promise to vote yes to Lisbon re-reun '09. Then a sing-song.

Did they not have Enda Kenny on it at one point?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Koloman

QuadLeo wrote: »
    Did they not have Enda Kenny on it at one point?

They had Enda on last season and George Lee on this series.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Fine Gael itself could be seen as a Fianna Fail wife...........
    Agree on almost everything but bicker in public as if they dont. Out of the public eye, the best of friends.

Sandwich wrote: »
    Fine Gael itself could be seen as a Fianna Fail wife...........
    Agree on almost everything but bicker in public as if they dont. Out of the public eye, the best of friends.

It's a well known fact that Enda Kenny's wife used to work for Fianna Fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Corb

John Spillane was great, I could listen to him singing all day. Nice guy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Its the most depressing season so far. Always some depressing sad story for the bulk of the show ending with a happy competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

oh she is dreadful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

Corb wrote: »
    John Spillane was great, I could listen to him singing all day. Nice guy.

Suppose. Probably from another Fianna Fail family. As is Gerry Ryan who was up for the Late Late. Can imagine the converations in the DG's office.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Chat isn't her forté. I accidentally caught the end of last week's singalonga Miriam and my stomach churned quite a bit until I quickly changed to another channel. I won't make the same mistake again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

How fckking dull is Miriam O'Callaghan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Was a poor enough show alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

I never thought it possible, but after seeing this show, there's a bigger plank in RTE than Pat Kenny: wooden and personality-less doesn't begin to describe it! The horror .. .. ..

This run of her show has been awful! Pat short for example, give me a break! Herpes is funnier than Pat Short!

It really says something about a show when the best guest on tonight was the ginger kid with the glasses talking about Silicon valley!

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

More drivel from RTE:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

Yeh the show today was pure ****e! Who was that comedian they had on during the start? what the fuk was that? Though to be fair to Miriam i did like her when she spoke on Prime Time..pity she left that..it suited her more.

mehmeh12 wrote: »
    Yeh the show today was pure ****e! Who was that comedian they had on during the start? what the fuk was that? Though to be fair to Miriam i did like her when she spoke on Prime Time..pity she left that..it suited her more.

She's still on Prime Time. This is just her summer job!

Koloman wrote: »
    She's still on Prime Time. This is just her summer job!

It's amazing how she cant make the transition. Just listening to Rachael English covering for Marian Finucane on the radio, and she's doing a great job. None of that Tubridy smug FF false sense of modesty, and more personality than Kenny (though I do think pat is good on the radio).

She seems very awkward in front of the camera when the focus is on her. To be fair to her she is good enough at the political stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

It's Early Monday morning, and Im just in from the pub.

The repeat of Saturdays Miriam O Callaghan show is on.

Can anyone shed any light on why a person who does not look, sound nor act like Elvis Presley has been introduced as "Elvis" to end the show by singing Suspicious minds?

I haven't seen the rest of the show, was he on earlier as a singer or comedian? or is it some kind of Jim'll fix it style dying wish performance?

If it's the latter , ermm..Fair play. All the best, god bless.....

If it's the former, it's utterly sh*t. Rté want a slap.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Watched a bit of it last night. They had some young IT whiz that was doing great in Silicon Valley. Had the potential to be a very interesting interview but thanks to Miriam's ice queen interview style it was terrible.
    She just didn't know how to let the interview flow and she asked the guy would he ever consider coming back to live in Ireland twice despite the fact that he had given her a pretty concise answer to her question the first time she answered.

I watched it with the OH (who's not from Ireland) and she just assumed that Miriam was a dizzy blonde that had got lucky with a chat show. Terrible terrible show.

Can anyone shed any light on why a person who does not look, sound nor act like Elvis Presley has been introduced as "Elvis" to end the show by singing Suspicious minds?

Kevin Doyle is yer man's name. Tbh, I thought his performance was terrible as well. Looked like a man who had been gigging the previous six months, the voice seemed strained.

He usually works full time with an Elvis tribute band.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Kevin Doyle is yer man's name. Tbh, I thought his performance was terrible as well. Looked like a man who had been gigging the previous six months, the voice seemed strained.

He usually works full time with an Elvis tribute band.

Christ. I've seen him before, and heard him on the radio. He's normally passably listenable. He looked shattered last night, and the performance was poor. I didn't realise it was him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Lets face it it's RTE what do you really expect ?

The host is married to a big wig in RTE and obviously has had a few strings pulled to get her own prime time (get it) chat show. Oh look its the 7ft tall Amazon woman with 75 kids. A political interviwer trying to look like she has a personality. She'd give Pat the plank a run for his money.

The vast majority of the guests work for RTE too, therefore they are promoting themselves and their own channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

You could hear the bottom of the barrel being scraped as that Elvis impersonator died under the lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

This was the worst of the worst alright.

I was interested in what the young whiz kid had to say too. He spoke a lot of sense and she really should have fleshed it out a lot more but cut the interview short. Terrible!

As for the Elvis guy I was waiting for a punchline or something to happen. What the hell was that about..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 missey2009

Isn't it great to see that Irish begrudgery is alive and kicking... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Crap is crap no matter who it is or thier nationality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I've heard her being interviewed on a few radio shows - there's a download on Ray D'Arcy's Today FM web page at the moment - and she comes across really well on those. Funny, down to earth, willing to laugh at herself. Point the camera at her and she's like a totally different person. It's a pity the warmth she seems to show when she's a guest seems to evaporate when she's a talk show host.

Advertisement