Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saw 7, 8 and Maybe 9!

Options
  • 08-07-2009 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

In a recent Interview actor Tobin Bell has CONFIRMED that there will be a SAW VII, VIII AND maybe even IX!!!
    Is this GOOD or BAD??
    Personally im addicted to the SAW movies so I kinda like that there will be more sequels, BUT yet its a bit pointless in ways: Like @ the beginnig there was only supposed to be SAW I, II AND III But this has TRIPLED IT!!

What's YOUR opinion?,
    Being a teen im most likely to like SAW anyways :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Black Lead

I'm all for it I love films series that go on and on with a decline in quality

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

terrible news really... the first one is alrite and the rest are rubbish... i haven't seen the latest one and i won't be seeing it anytime soon... i heard it was the worst one too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

I gave up on Saw after number 3, just couldn't be bothered with them after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭skaterboy

I tought most replys would be against SAW =[
    I'm pysced theres gonna be more saws but yet Its like a drug i keep wanting it to stop but they keep bringing out more......So therefore i keep buying them! aghh :O :O its a never-ending drug!!
    If i were an adult I would have the will-power to stop watching but theyre just SOOO addictive!:rolleyes::D

They announced that there would be 9 films years ago. Every Halloween we would get one. I don't mind them to be honest. the original remains a fantastic film and one which a lot of other torture films could learn from.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

When was Saw 6 released?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Why wouldnt they keep churning them out?

They are making massive amounts of money for relatively little outlay.

1st one,mildly entertaining.

The rest got suckier as they went on.

Part 4 was atrocious save for the autopsy scene at the beginning.

Havnt seen part 5 yet and am not going to any time soon.

I wouldnt even be arsed downloading it.

As for the forthcoming sequels.

Pffffftttttt.

skaterboy wrote: »
    Its like a drug i keep wanting it to stop but they keep bringing out more......So therefore i keep buying them! aghh :O :O its a never-ending drug!!
    If i were an adult I would have the will-power to stop watching but theyre just SOOO addictive!:rolleyes::D

633671305944939793-jigsaw.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

flogging-dead-horse.jpg

When was Saw 6 released?
    It wasnt tbh its out in october

• Advertisement

flogging-dead-horse.jpg
    WTF?

WTF?

The flogging of a dead horse kiddo.

ie

The Saw Franchise.

nedtheshed wrote: »
    The flogging of a dead horse kiddo.

ie

The Saw Franchise.
    Ohh Yeh =P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Absolutely worthless series. The first was great, the second was ok, but after that it just went beyond ****e. I can't see any further sequels adding to the already convoluted mish-mash of a plot, aside from polluting cinema screens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Second wasn't so bad, third was pretty good too. IV was bad; V was an absolute joke altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

I dunno...the first was such a delightful little package of a horror film, didn't need any sequels. Since the second installment I've taken every sequel for what it is, an excuse for more elaborate torture scenes. As it is I now take them as a great bit of entertainment for Halloween night in the local multiplex.

And in fairness, the sequels haven't followed the same steady decline curve most other horror franchises did. Bad and all as they are, they haven't come close to some of the brutal sequels out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Didn't Tobin Bell's character (i.e the main character)
    die in the 3rd one? and then the 4th one took place alongside the 3rd one so that is how he was still alive in it. But how can he be alive for the rest of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Black Lead

tvnutz wrote: »
    Didn't Tobin Bell's character (i.e the main character)
    die in the 3rd one? and then the 4th one took place alongside the 3rd one so that is how he was still alive in it. But how can he be alive for the rest of them?

Perhaps someone will dig him up and by accident shove a piece of a metal fence into his dead body then a jolt of electricity from a lightning bolt strikes the metal and he comes back to live with strange paranormal powers or perhaps flashbacks

niallon wrote: »
    And in fairness, the sequels haven't followed the same steady decline curve most other horror franchises did. Bad and all as they are, they haven't come close to some of the brutal sequels out there.

Having seen most of the Halloween, Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street sequels, I'd say the Saw sequels are every bit as awful. Occasionally even then there was the odd gem, such as The New Nightmare, but I don't think we'll see something like that in a Saw sequel.

Personally I thought the FT13th franchise fared best in terms of sequels.Up as far as 7 there was a kind of dumb charm to them.8,9 and 10 are friggin woeful though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Personally I thought the FT13th franchise fared best in terms of sequels.Up as far as 7 there was a kind of dumb charm to them.8,9 and 10 are friggin woeful though.

Indeed, Friday the 13th part 6 'Jason Lives' was a gem!
    friday%2013%20part%206%20cover.jpg

I wholeheartedly recommend it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Being a teen im most likely to like SAW anyways :P

Exactly since you shouldnt be watching them and you get a cheap thrill that makes you think theyre better then they actually are.

I wish the franchise would just die.I enjoyed the 1st but since then theyve turned to sh!t.
    Actually I wish this torture/gore phase of "horror movies" would just fcuk off.The best horror film in years IMO(Drag Me To Hell) had very little gore and was infinitely more enjoyable then anything that just tries to kill people in the most gruesome and elaborate ways for the sake of it.
    I know imaginitive deaths are part of horror but at least in the old ones they were interesting(Freddys & Jasons many kills come to mind :D ) instead of just "oh no.ive been drugged and have awoken suspended over a giant meat grinder with hooks stickin out of me arse and elbow".Theres only so many fcukin machines 1 person with cancer can build!!!!!Yeah I know he has apprentices & stuff but youd think people would at least get suspicious with the shopping lists."Hmmmm so today thatll be a lot of medical equipment, a years supply of chloroform and many many different sharp instruments.Fun party tonight eh?"

Maybe this belongs in Ranting and Raving more:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

First Saw = Genius.

Rest = Utter shi*e.

I wish they would give up now.
    I watched the fifth one recently and these "plot twists" they seem to have in every film was just so easy to spot in the fifth one..... In fact there wasn't even much of a plot to be twisted really.

What was the point in that film anyway? I do not remember.

Damn Saw films.

Actually I wish this torture/gore phase of "horror movies" would just fcuk off.

Graphic violence and gore isn't the problem though. A lot of the best horror films were very graphic indeed, Hellraiser, The Thing, The Evil Dead, Day of the Dead and so forth. It's the unimaginative, cynical sequels, and shameless cash-in copies that are the problem. Would any of the Saw sequels have been decent with less blood and guts? Not a chance, they'd still be rubbish. Copycat films like Captivity and Vacancy would still be worthless, even if they had toned down the gore.

Graphic violence and gore isn't the problem though. A lot of the best horror films were very graphic indeed, Hellraiser, The Thing, The Evil Dead, Day of the Dead and so forth. It's the unimaginative, cynical sequels, and shameless cash-in copies that are the problem. Would any of the Saw sequels have been decent with less blood and guts? Not a chance, they'd still be rubbish. Copycat films like Captivity and Vacancy would still be worthless, even if they had toned down the gore.
    These had more to them then just being graphic though(well to me anyway). A lot of things being released like the saw sequels are just graphic for the sake of it since they really have nothing else to go on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

What a joke. I vowed "never again" to the Saw franchise after watching the last one. I basically paid 10 euro for a "filler" film within a franchise that is getting a head of itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Having seen most of the Halloween, Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street sequels, I'd say the Saw sequels are every bit as awful. Occasionally even then there was the odd gem, such as The New Nightmare, but I don't think we'll see something like that in a Saw sequel.

Arguably the Saw sequels are just as bad but because the series just keepes spinning money, they at least retain the production values and some of the style of the original installment, even if they lose so much along the lines of performance and story.

These had more to them then just being graphic though(well to me anyway). A lot of things being released like the saw sequels are just graphic for the sake of it since they really have nothing else to go on

Exactly my point though, gore isn't the problem with the Saw series. There's been plenty of equally awful teen slashers in the wake of Scream that had almost no gore. Crap horror films are crap, regardless of how graphic they may or may not be.

Exactly my point though, gore isn't the problem with the Saw series. There's been plenty of equally awful teen slashers in the wake of Scream that had almost no gore. Crap horror films are crap, regardless of how graphic they may or may not be.
    And I agree with that.My point is that so many of these crap horrors recently are relying on gore as a selling point and for shock value and I hate that this is helping them be successful which causes others to follow suit instead of actual imaginative horrors being attempted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 TroyStavros

Well maybe you saw 7 8 and maybe nine but I only saw the first three LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :pac::pac:

Advertisement