Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dutch course

Options
  • 08-07-2009 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

Does anyone know if the Dutch course taught at The Sandford Language Institute is any good? I've seem some negative feedback in regards to other languages courses there, but I haven't see anything on Dutch.

Does anyone know of a good Dutch language course? I have a very basic knowledge of Dutch, as I have learned most of it as an au pair in Den Haag and through Rosetta Stone.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Tiuilip

Hi,

I did the beginners Dutch course there last year and to be honest I think it really depends on the teacher that you get. We weren't very lucky initially but his replacement was better. I'm looking for courses too-they offer an evening course during term-time in Trinity but it seems to be more Flemish than Dutch (or so I'm told). There's also a place in Clontarf that offers private Dutch lessons but I don't know anything about them (the website is www.languagesunlimited.ie). Not sure if that is remotely helpful but let me know if you need more info!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kabuk1

Dutch courses are hard to find. I've heard mixed reviews of the school you mentioned. Hit or miss like the person above states. There are private lessons, but they are very pricey.

Advertisement