Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayTV Discussion (reasonable discussion ONLY!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

highnc wrote: »
    is the contraption on the right used for calculating legs on the bus!!
    My source says it is. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

tulips, calla lily, white lily, rose and gladiolus

orchid

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭highnc

it's probably going to be something sneaky like daisy petals

..and the answer is White Rose

but roses aren't always white!! changing the rules again

• Advertisement

russia

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

argosy2006 wrote: »
    i had word LEMON last night for 15 i think, but i wasnt online and half asleep when i thought of it ,,was it 15 points, think it was
    Yes Lemon would have been ok for 15 L3,E3,M2,O4,N3

Lets play our own game for 10 Hugarian Korona! What has a slightly rounded shape, counts cats paws, and is on Bond's floor?

Took them almost an hour with the 3 countries game. (2.35am) Then onto fill in the blanks in 6 countries...2 answered fairly quickly, but stretched it out then till 3am.for the 3rd country...they were being scabby...the other 3 countries could easily have been answered too. At 5 to 3 there were 9 live entries. And they call that entertainment

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

BMollie wrote: »
    Took them almost an hour with the 3 countries game. (2.35am) Then onto fill in the blanks in 6 countries...2 answered fairly quickly, but stretched it out then till 3am.for the 3rd country...they were being scabby...the other 3 countries could easily have been answered too. At 5 to 3 there were 9 live entries. And they call that entertainment
    ...and halfway through the 3 countries they managed to accept a call with incorrect answer!

• Advertisement

Auld-Yin wrote: »
    ...and halfway through the 3 countries they managed to accept a call with incorrect answer!

was dozing and missed part....did anybody win the long drawn out game, it went on for at least an hour?? How could they make a mistake on that last game it was all so easy. :confused::confused:

BMollie wrote: »
    was dozing and missed part....so nobody won after all that time. How could they make a mistake on that it was so easy. :confused::confused:
    Someone said Argentina so Fiona was thinking that all the letters were being used. Feasable because it said 'Create 3 COUNTRY names from these letters!'
    In any case there was only one 'N'. Total time 1 hour 50 minutes. It was won.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

They make people out to be so stupid. How can they have the show on for so long making it look like NO one has rang in with the answer !!

NeVeR wrote: »
    They make people out to be so stupid. How can they have the show on for so long making it look like NO one has rang in with the answer !!

That's exactly what they are doing with the public. I'm sure some have copped on by now.. There have been a lot of new names ringing in. Imagine that game dragged on for nearly 2 hrs. and it was a very simple one. And lots of live entries, and no open line...The shame of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jsemple

in the 3 countries game:

Fiona - "clocks on this show never reach zero. this wont be an exception"

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RobbieM

Just realised. If everyone was watching it. And it's 3 hrs long!!

What a lot of wasted time!!

I would settle for highlights myself!! :D

RobbieM wrote: »
    Just realised. If everyone was watching it. And it's 3 hrs long!!

What a lot of wasted time!!

I would settle for highlights myself!! :D
    Well in a game like last night's I certainly did not sit watching it. I did have highlights by flicking back and forward...because I knew nothing would be happening.

NeVeR wrote: »

their latest trick is to put 2 or 3 callers through in quick succession (last night for example, 3 callers within 10 minutes - all got €200 for the country game).

this gives the impression that people are getting through quickly and easily, but then the phone lines go dead and they make out nobody has figured the answer out to keep the calls coming in. the €600 they give out in prizes is quickly and effortlessly recouped within minutes as people falsely believe they now have a good chance.

and why wouldn't they keep ringing in when the answer is so blatently obvious!!

Bond-007 wrote: »

excellant, this is fantastic news - well worth the wait!

plenty of reading material for the afternoon!

i'm just hope this will make front page of the newspapers and force Vincent Browne into some embarrassing reviews of the newspapers on his show!!

• Advertisement

interesting that the only 1 which was dismissed was the famous legs on a bus game on the basis that:

"On this occasion, the Commission was of the opinion that the idiosyncrasy in the quiz concerning the legs of the driver was reasonable."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Fair dues to yourself and all people who wrote up complaints. So what now? Is this it for PlayTV or is there fines involved? I'm sure they could afford the fines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I have a feeling that they will only get asked to change some of thier practices, which they will either delay for as long as possible, or give the two fingers and ignore completely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yenraek

Hope that doesn't happen again!!

It would just be too much to have these complaints upheld and nothing changed. They surely won't get away with that this time.

Good news anyway, hope it has the desired effect. It's been so long coming. :):)

What is Mary going to think?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jsemple

The complaint about the cat, bus legs question was for a show on the 4th July. That was very early on and was probably back when the question was pretty reasonable but quite difficult. Back then I don't believe they even had a picture so there was none of the cats on the roof nonsense. I do remember though Derval back then claiming that the question was lifted from a primary school maths book and that a child she knew answered it correctly and got a ice cream which is a blatant lie.

Auld-Yin wrote: »
    What is Mary going to think?

none of the female complaints were from Mary...I don't think the BAI publishes fan mail though!!!!

All the papers will have it tomorrow. Vinnie Brawn's paper review tonight should be interesting. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Interesting reading; congrats and thanks to all those who submitted complaints.

One complaint claimed viewers have no idea how likely they are to get through to the studio. It was upheld.

It await with baited breath to see how PlayTv comply with this one.
    Something like a scrolling ticker reading "You have a 1 in 5,000 chance of getting through in the next hour" would be fairly accurate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭dangerpowers

All the papers will have it tomorrow. Vinnie Brawn's paper review tonight should be interesting. ;)

I doubt it will be on the front pages

You can bet that TV3 will instruct and do their best to avoid mentioning anything regarding the complaints etc, the most I can see them doing is the broadcast before play tv starts

They'll continue to focus on the flooding and keep harping on about the Henry handball, and if there is a mention on the front pages, the papers will be turned to other news headlines, they are not stupid

Mod edit: Snip

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement