Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know Your Veg*ns (Pictures and info!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

Hi. :)
    I'm 18, in 6th year atm and have been a vegetarian since I was about 5, when I actually discovered where meat came from. :rolleyes: Fortunately my parents were lovely enough to have supported me, so that's that! I'd like to become a vegan but I really don't think I could do it healthily as I can't stand green vegetables (terrible, I know). I have loads of admiration for vegans though. :D
    My favourite veggie food is chickpeas atm, you can chuck them into anything. I do enjoy cooking. :D
    Barely even remember what meat tastes like, but the thing I miss most about carnivorism is marshmallows... :pac: They were just beautiful. :')
    Anyway, that's enough randomness for one post. I look forward to posting more in this forum! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Hi there Violafy, welcome to the forum...always nice to see more people posting in here :) Enjoy the site and the forum itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Feu

Did your tatoos come with a copy of the Beano?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Feu

run/don't walk to newsagent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

whats with the tats tar??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

my new tattoos!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

my new tattoos!

explains nothing, absolutely nothing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I like tattoos!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I like Tars.

• Advertisement

great_success.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 LupinFace

Hey all :) This is my second introduction so far.
    So, lets get to the point, eh? :P
    My name's Amy, I'm sixteen and I've been vegetarian for about four years. It's always been relatively easy for me, bar giving up jellies and the like :'<
    Meat was never really my thing though, but it was always the easier option for me as a wee 'un - seeing as vegetarianism wasn't very strongly supported in my family, plus the fact that there's nothing but farmers blood in me ><.
    I'm hoping to embark into the vegan way of life soon, but cutting pizza out of my diet will be my wort nightmare~ *tear*

hi Amy, there are vegan pizza toppings available, it's not all bad :pac:

There's not much going around here. All the vegan cheese I've come across so far, either tastes like chalk or costs a fortune :P
    I might have a go at it [veganism] during the summer again, being vegetarian isn't necessarily the healthiest thing :3

refried beans work as well

welcome lupinface, have a good timez!

I has won a 75e april ticket for luas

Snapshotofme56.jpg

but i dont use the luas so I don't look impressed

Snapshotofme59.jpg

that is my, must sell my prize face -_-

I actually never buy Luas tickets...
    Whoopsie! :P
    I just find it really unnecessary, seeing as nobody ever checks them in the first place.

I almost got stung 3 times so I'm a bit paranoid about it at this stage. Normally you just look for the high vis jackets but the last time two lads in regular clothes got on and then as soon as the doors closed they took out ID's and started checking everyone. I narrowly escaped.

public transport totally suxxxx

Welcome to the forum LupinFace :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Hello everybody, been reading this forum for a while now, recently went vegetarian so will probs start posting in the "What I Had for Dinner Last Night" thread soon ;) The gf was vegetarian for many years, and since living with her I haven't been eating much meat, so I kind of went off it myself and realised that all my favorite meals are meat-free now anyway. Also, I saw a pretty horrible video about the meat-industry which disturbed me rather much :eek: So after watching that, definitely no meat for me anymore, not that I'll particularly miss it anymore. Looking forward to getting lots of ideas and info from the forum in the future :)

Here's a pic of me in Siberia The Netherlands over Christmas
    65415_479823368964_758383964_5739679_2830745_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

congrats and welcome to the forum daddio!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

Aw. Cute Kitty! :D

This is what I look like on a beach.

228595_144622172277768_100001899570346_274784_4342031_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

what beach is that Jim?

it ain't mah beach-ahhhhh

Galway Beach? I've no idea. The one just beside the pier in the city centre.

Salthill Strand that looks like :) Good times!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Rock of Gibraltar

Hi,

I'm Johnny, been vegetarian (or mostly vegetarian) for a little over 4 years. From Dublin but currently living in Paris, just here for the summer. I have on occasion had to stray from vegetarianism while in France, Paris is positively hostile to the whole concept.
    I became vegetarian primarily for health reasons but also for animal welfare concerns.

• Advertisement

welcome :)

some nice fake meat in france! good seitan

Advertisement