Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice new restaurant in Naas

Options
  • 07-07-2009 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭

Was down in Naas, the home town this evening and brought the father out for an early bird in Fate a chinese/thai reataurant. Food was top class as was the service and at a little shy of 15 euro for the early bird menu it was very reasonable. Would highly recommend trying it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Eeep

Cool - whereabouts is it located ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Sorry for the delay in replying Eeep. If you know where M&S is in the new shopping centre you're fairly close, it's on the dublin road right hand side heading into the town. So heading into town after the Blessington turn its directly across from the garage last house right on the corner of the link road to the Sallins road where the carpark is, phew.

Hmmm, I think I confused myself let alone get you there. Order a Chinese beer (they're lovely) you'll probably need one after these Directions. Oh and go for the satay chicken starter delish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

reg

was the chicken frozen in the middle?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Eeep

Thanks muchly - think I can figure out those directions :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Niall F

I second Reg's recommendation. I'm always on the lookout for a nice restaurant and I went to this one based on this thread. Have to say, I was very impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Anywhere else good in Naas ? Went to the fancy one down by the library. It was nice, not ferociously expensive, but full of incredibly poncy people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

There are some really nice Resturants in Naas. The Storehouse is very nice, Lawlors hotel have a good resturant and they do a great carvery on Sundays. There used to be a Lemongrass but thats something else now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Niall F

The storehouse is lovely. So too is Indie Spice. StoreHouse is up Friary lane and Indie Spice is at the other end of the town, almost on the corner just after you turn down to Newbridge.
    I started a similar thread for Newbridge. If you've any for there, please feel free to add them. I love eating out. Always looking for new restaurants to try.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

La Tasca, a tapa's bar at the back of Kavanaghs, is really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭amtaxi

Tenors grill is superb - you'll have to book a week in advance if you want to get in on a fri or sat... service excellent, food excellent - couldn't fault anything! Prices extremely good - 10 for main course but it's soooo nice you wouldn't mind paying extra

http://www.tenorsgrillroom.ie/

• Advertisement

Went to Il Fico last night, very nice. Can't wait to go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭William72

here's my tuppence worth:
    • storehouse - been 3 times, nice the first time - awful both times since then. Building is lovely but the food and service let it down badly
    • il fico - food okay but not great, service ok-ish
    • indie spice - lovely atmosphere and good food too
    • tenors - incredible value and good food too
    • asia de bruin (used to be lemongrass) - its lemongrass - you know what you're getting
    • vie de chateau - great place - allows you to blow the budget or watch the coppers but have good food either way
    • ballymore inn - not quite Naas I know but worth the trip - fantastic food and service - a little pricey which I really wish they would sort out but worth it for a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭fruitbats

If anyone is looking for a value for money deal and i know someone else mentioned it already for dinner but Indie Spice does an amazin lunch for 8.95, starter and a main course, 3 starters to choose from and 5 main courses. If you were to go in the evening the same dinner costs well over €20. Great for a cheap filling lunch.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭DDigital

Just outside Naas in Sallins, The Bridgewater Inn. Doing an evening special, 2 courses - €20. 3 courses -€25. The food is fantastic and the setting and service is superior to any pub I've eaten in. They like to create a restaurant feel in the lovely lounge and it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭fruitbats

It great to here of all the nice places to go, but does anyone have any stories or reasons to stay away from any restaurants in the locality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭DDigital

Not a restaurant, but I would not recommend the Monread Lodge for food. I ordered a mixed grill. The description on the menu was not what came out to me. In fact what did come out to me was a disgrace. Many items were simply not on the plate. It looked like the "chef" raided the back of the freezer and struggled at that. When I questioned it, I was told that the pastry chef was new to it as the usual chef wasn't on duty! I sent it back and refused to pay. My wife had her meal and was charged for that.
    Foolishly I decided to give it another chance a few months later. The meal had "reheated more than it shouldve been" written all over it with the sauce literally burned onto the plate.
    All of this was between August and November last year. The pub had changed owners. Eventhough they lost me as a customer, I put it down to teething troubles. However I'm still hearing bad stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭smartaform

is there any further info on the Tapas Bar behind kavanaghs??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 VexedRed

Not quite Naas but you guys should try Victoria Garden in Johnstown-it's the business!
    It's Asian cuisine but they have a great mix of things too-lots of fish dishes, tofu and even frogs legs! The restaurant itself is lovely (if not a bit too dark at times), the food is fantastic-have never got a bad dish there and have been going for over 2 years, the service is great-really friendly and they even have monogrammed plates! :D
    Some dishes can be a bit pricey-maybe €2/3 more than you would usually pay but it's worth it and if you like lots of crispy fresh veg with your dishes they load it on there-unlike in the other places where they throw in a few water chestnuts, funny shaped carrots and slices of bamboo in the middle of cooking it and they're like rubber when it gets to your plate.
    Can't recommend it highly enough-love the place!

smartaform wrote: »
    is there any further info on the Tapas Bar behind kavanaghs??

What kind of info are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭smartaform

The main thing i think is - IS IT ANY GOOD?? LOL

I did hear they were planning it a year ago but it tapered off, then i heard about it on here..

Someone also mentioned the guy across the road at 'The Wine Buff' was starting one as well!! Again that was a few months back..

Will Naas, become El N'aas???? :D

• Advertisement

Well there's two in the town at the moment, the other one is up behing Alo Donegans, the electrical place across from Indie Spice.

La Tasca is nice, I like the food there. The wine is grand too. It's very small, and smokey. The extractor fan can only take out so much, so the usually leave a door open, either the front or back. So it's a bit drafty.

I like the food, like a tapas bar you can get small or large portions, all priced accordingly. I saw try it out. It's a wine bar aswell, so can stay open late. I'd say though, that if there's no customers there, they'll shut up shop and go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

While it's not a new restaurant or a restaurant to be pedantic, anyway I had a sunday roast lunch in the Lodge Pub in Monread Naas. Usual fare as sunday pub grub goes by but well cooked, very tasty, huge portions and at 9.95 excellent value.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Sinderella

I second The Bridgewater in Sallins. Love the food in there, very reasonably priced and absolutely not 'pub grub'. Service is excellent too.

Indie Spice is IMO the best restaurant in Naas. The food is mouth watering, service is always very friendly and efficient. Efficiency is so rare in Naas lets face it.

We tried the new Tapas place across from Indie last week (Las Rada I think?) and it was really good too. Lovely relaxed atmosphere and the food was delicious. The wine was good too :)
    We will be back there for sure.

I like Lawlors, both carvery and restaurant are very good.
    I have heard good reports about Maudlins too but not been there yet.

I thought the storehouse was hideous. Nice location and good looking place but everything else was the pits, food, service, prices, atmosphere, everything, ugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Hi all,

its been a developing family tradition to have a meal out on Xmas eve before heading to evening mass with the young ones to round off the day.

So far we have checked with tenor's and osprey and they are both closed on xmas eve. Will try a few others but if you know of a place open please let me know. Also really don't want to drive as it would be nice to have a glass of wine etc.

Thanks

W.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Bhoypaul

At the top end I would recommend the Osprey Mash restaurant and PGA/Palmerstown House. PGA do a Table d'Hote at a very resasonable price.

For Indian the India Spice is very good.

Vie de Chateaux is also very good.

One to avoid is the Storehouse. I took the extended family there after my son's first communion. AS an example of what they serve up and how they treat their customers was the roast beef.
    I was told it was available in rare, medium or well done. What we got was well done with red food colouring painted on depeneding on your order. I kid you not.

Had the chance to eat here recently, while I've read/hear the reviews its not the same as trying it out.

It was OK , good in terms of the price etc though they had too many tables in the room.

Its the sort of banker place where you cant really go wrong, but nothing to set the wow factor, but as I say for the price one cant expect more and dont get me wrong I dont want to pay more!!!

W.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,894 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Have to say, not really impressed with Tenors - it is ok, just ok. I had the chicken wrapped in bacon and it was as dry as a bone. Would rather save my cash and go somewhere else as a treat.

Also, by the time you add extra for veg, etc, it is really not that cheap, especially given that other restaurants have lowered their prices.

I'm interested in hearing what the new Mexican place is like, it's where La Primavera used to be at the traffic lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭redalicat

beertons wrote: »
    I'm interested in hearing what the new Mexican place is like, it's where La Primavera used to be at the traffic lights.
    Me too, anyone know the name of it? I'm thinking of trying it soon.

• Advertisement

anybody been to the place above kavanagh's recently? Is it worth a shot?

Thanks
    W.

Advertisement