Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Littlewoods 25% Discount [Only for those who ordered Compaq PC]

Options
  • 07-07-2009 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Use code: XX409 at checkout in the next 7 days for a 25% discount

So... following on from the computer disaster littlewoods sent the following....

Dear lynchtp,

I am writing in response to your recent order for a Compaq desktop computer. Unfortunately, the computer was priced incorrectly at €69 when the actual price is €519 for the large screen model and €499 for the smaller screen version. Therefore we are cancelling your order in accordance with our website terms and conditions.

This pricing error was due to a system fault and we would like to apologise for any disappointment that this has caused you.

We would love the chance to give you a more satisfying shopping experience and therefore, as a gesture of goodwill, we would like to offer you a 25% discount off your next order. However, if you would prefer not to receive any future marketing communications from us, simply reply to this email and we won't contact you.

If you would like to use the 25% discount, just quote code XX409 when you place your next order. The code will be valid for 7 days.

Yours sincerely,
    someone from littlewoods

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Got this e-mail in my inbox this evening.
    Dear Customer,

I am writing in response to your recent order for a Compaq desktop computer. Unfortunately, the computer was priced incorrectly at €69 when the actual price is €519 for the large screen model and €499 for the smaller screen version. Therefore we are cancelling your order in accordance with our website terms and conditions.

This pricing error was due to a system fault and we would like to apologise for any disappointment that this has caused you.

However, you are a valued customer and, as a gesture of goodwill, we would like to offer you a 25% discount off your next order. If you would like to use the 25% discount, just quote code XX409 when you place your next order. The code will be valid for 7 days.

Yours sincerely,

Caroline Byrne.
    Caroline Byrne
    Customer Relations Manager
    cbyrne@shopdirect.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭nayorleck114

Tried, get following message.

XX409 - Sorry. This promotion cannot be applied to your order.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lynchtp

Looking like its only for people that ordered the PC. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Threads merged!

Voucher codes can only be used once.. so this thread is PM only from now on.

If you're not using your voucher code, let people know to PM. Don't post it here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I got the same email Basq, with the same code, so its not a unique code byt the looks of things.

Sorry. :o But all the voucher codes are the same I think. Mine and lynchtp's are anyway. Did you check your e-mail Basquille?

Ahhh.. sorry, seems to be the same alright.

Wouldn't order off those chances again anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lynchtp

jenno86 wrote: »
    Looking like its only for people that ordered the PC. :(

well the code above has been sent to more than just me.

lynchtp wrote: »
    well the code above has been sent to more than just me.

Did you mean to quote me there?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

€519 for the desktop for that spec is a bit overpriced if you ask me

Spotted an item that's between €90 - €120 in shops for €17 on the site.

Not even gonna bother posting it here to go through this muck again!

They're up to their asses in misprices on that website! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭kindalen

if anyone has a code that works can you please pm me.

ta muchly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

lynchtp wrote: »
    Use code: XX409 at checkout in the next 7 days for a 25% discount

So... following on from the computer disaster littlewoods sent the following....

Dear lynchtp,

We would love the chance to give you a more satisfying shopping experience and therefore, as a gesture of goodwill, we would like to offer you a 25% discount off your next order. However, if you would prefer not to receive any future marketing communications from us, simply reply to this email and we won't contact you.

If you would like to use the 25% discount, just quote code XX409 when you place your next order. The code will be valid for 7 days.

Yours sincerely,
    someone from littlewoods

cheeky buggers, if you dont reply to the email they seemto suggest they're free to spam you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Tried, get following message.

XX409 - Sorry. This promotion cannot be applied to your order.

Discount wont work on sale items.

basquille wrote: »
    Spotted an item that's between €90 - €120 in shops for €17 on the site.

Not even gonna bother posting it here to go through this muck again!

They're up to their asses in misprices on that website! :mad:

ara go on!

2071732562_299f7ceb04.jpg

Nah.. never mind. Made a mistake.

Saw a Henry / Hetty hoover for €17.. only to realise it was the desktop version! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Kazu wrote: »

Delivery from Komplett starts at €12.50 as far as I can see on the site. Delivery with littlewoods is "free" so with shipping included, littlewoods works out at the princely sum of €1.75 cheaper than Komplett.Bargain alert!Ahem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

chilly wrote: »
    Delivery from Komplett starts at €12.50 as far as I can see on the site. Delivery with littlewoods is "free" so with shipping included, littlewoods works out at the princely sum of €1.75 cheaper than Komplett.Bargain alert!Ahem :)

Well i bought the same hard drive for €79 in CDiscount at the weekend! Ahem :)

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Anyone got a 25 percent off code. Please PM me with it if its going to go to waste.

cronos wrote: »
    Anyone got a 25 percent off code. Please PM me with it if its going to go to waste.

Have you read this thread at all? :rolleyes: I'll give you the code when you read the thread! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

to be honest i am thinking about buying an 8g nano off them for 104,25 anyone advise me not to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

This seems overpriced even with the 25% off !
    linky

• Registered Users Posts: 30,033 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

JAMM222 wrote: »
    to be honest i am thinking about buying an 8g nano off them for 104,25 anyone advise me not to?

yeah... went for an ipod touch myself, thought it was a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,033 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

This seems overpriced even with the 25% off !
    linky

They do have a 80gb ps3 would work out at 291€... its 400€ on argos site and 290£ on amazon(with a game though)
    link

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

just ordered the ipod! i wanted one anyway and with 25% off you cant go wrong!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

The code doesn't work on my account even though I ordered the Compaq! Grrr

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I had a look around the site, everything (bar the ipods) seems to be at least 30% overpriced anyway. Pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

donmeister wrote: »
    The code doesn't work on my account even though I ordered the Compaq! Grrr

its the same for me got the email as i tried to order but when i order something and apply the code says invalid code used :(

Advertisement