Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson's memorial service

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

He has vitiligo, hardly his choice now. As for the kids, the mother was white so hardly going to have black kids!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

PCros wrote: »
    As for the kids, the mother was white so hardly going to have black kids!
    As was the supposed sperm donor for the eldest children.
    As for the family getting the child to speak, it was disgraceful crowding around her telling her to "Speak up " and "get real close"...it seemed like some of the family cannot separate life from performing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

Does any1 no if the service will be out on DVD? It prob will no doubt:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Elmo wrote: »
    It was shown on:-

RTÉ TWO
    TV3
    SKY ARTS
    SKY ARTS HD
    SKY NEWS
    BBC NEWS 24
    BBC WORLD NEWS
    BBC 2
    EURONEWS
    CNN
    FIVE

and various online programmes, why didn't boards have it?

also on E

I must admit when the kid Paris was talking i felt teary eyed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Ginny wrote: »
    As was the supposed sperm donor for the eldest children.
    As for the family getting the child to speak, it was disgraceful crowding around her telling her to "Speak up " and "get real close"...it seemed like some of the family cannot separate life from performing...

I think she initally asked to speak and then they told her to speak up. I thought was the only real genuine person on the memorial. I felt really sorry for her and her brothers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Anyone else notice the eldest kid chewing gum throughout the service! Tut tut.....I would have got a clip around the ear at that age!

Anyone else notice the eldest kid chewing gum throughout the service! Tut tut.....I would have got a clip around the ear at that age!

I thought it was just the youngest. Who was really upset at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

Did not go unnoticed. I'd say old Grandpops Jackson has some kind of deal going on with Wrigley's. Mercenary old bastard.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

couldn't reply to this thread, because at 6.26 pm last Tuesday, (the time Mr Jacksons casket was brought on stage) my internet crashed.

RTE2 made a bad mistake at the start, going to a break before the start, I was also watching it on CNN via the internet so knew what was going on.

Began watching the TV3 coverage at 5.30 and had to turn it off - the crap they came out with, the man is dead, his family and millions of fans were in mourning, it was a memorial concert for a performer that changed the face of music, and music videos. They got emails in from viewers to respect the man for what he did.

Turned over the RTE and fair dues to Marty Whelan, he showed the utmost respect to the occasion - he was excellent.

It was the concert that was needed by fans all over the world - when these types of concerts are done six months down the line, the raw emotion is not there.

Fair dues to the Jackson family as well, after facing a funeral service, to have the guts to come out in front of all those people and face them like that, well done

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

JP Liz wrote: »
    also on E

I must admit when the kid Paris was talking i felt teary eyed :(

I recorded it, and still can't watch that part without tears!

• Advertisement

Turned over the RTE and fair dues to Marty Whelan, he showed the utmost respect to the occasion - he was excellent.

Have to agree with you there, Marty did a great job, I have to admit that I think Marty Whelan is a good presenter, he seemed to know who everyone was and had some idea of their history. It was a pity they cut it short.

Advertisement