Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sceim Dhartrai TCD

Options
  • 06-07-2009 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭

Did anyone else apply for this? Just got a text about interviews, didn't realise there was an interview lol! Better start practicing my Irish again!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Just got one too. Class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

i didn't get one :( but maybe thats because i didn't apply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

What does it even mean..?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I went for the 29th. Sincerely hope there were no grammatical errors in my email reply!

EDIT: Woah, only 12 places? Thought it would be a much bigger thing. Also, €1,000. Sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

Aw, how come I'd never heard of this?!

Is it too late to apply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I went for the 29th. Sincerely hope there were no grammatical errors in my email reply!

EDIT: Woah, only 12 places? Thought it would be a much bigger thing. Also, €1,000. Sweet.

I checked mine about five times, felt kind of strange to be writing in Irish, it has been a while! Have to learn all my fócloir again now lol!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭vladglenin

Did anyone else get a phone call from them saying that you've been accepted? Why is everyone going to an interview? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Kept meaning to apply for this.
    Last year. This year. Whatevz.

Ah sure. If I do make it into Trinity I'll come visit you gaiz.
    I speak Irish at home with my brother these days, so that's good enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭t0mm

Lol fail, most of the links there refer to this thread, and none of them give an explaination in English.

• Advertisement

Did they write back to your email yet? I need to know what time I'm meant to be there at lol, I presume it's on in Trinity?!

vladglenin wrote: »
    Did anyone else get a phone call from them saying that you've been accepted? Why is everyone going to an interview? :/

I'm going to maintain my sanity by assuming that this is filthy lies.
    bythewoods wrote: »
    Ah sure. If I do make it into Trinity I'll come visit you gaiz.

Not good enough for us. Sorry. Not invited. :p
    nicola09 wrote: »
    Did they write back to your email yet? I need to know what time I'm meant to be there at lol, I presume it's on in Trinity?!

No they did not. Presume so too though! I wonder how many are going for interviews? If theres only 12 places yet it's staged over 2 days...

They could just be having two days to make sure everyone can go, after all we didn't know there was going to be an interview and lots of people could be away on holidays, or working (hardly!!:(). Perhaps they want to provide an element of choice? Yeah I'd love to know how many are going to be interviewed as well, like out of my class two of us were asked, I'm not sure about the others who applied, or if they even did apply in the end!

Yeah, the choice thing makes sense. I'd rather they didn't though :P

I was under the impression it would be a phone interview. I'm almost sure I read that in some of the literature/application form. Oh well. I suppose I'll have to bowl them over with the complete package and not just my voice. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Not good enough for us. Sorry. Not invited. :p

Go suck a lemon.
    I make an epic cup of tea, and you'll be having none of it.
    You neurotic mess, you.

Rang them up. It's on in Dartry, in Halls. They'll send out e-mails to all of us with details. There will be interviews in the morning and in the afternoon, both days. The interviews will also be group based, to see how well we communicate presumably.

That's a bit strange... I foresee either speaking-alone-in-a-crowd awkwardness, or showy offy interview hogs. Oh well. Feicfear.

showy offy interview hogs..

Thankfully, I'm not in with you. ;)

"Bhuel, i ndáríre, chun an fhírinne a rá, is ceist an-chasta é sin, gan dabht, mar a deirfá, agus creidim go láidir..."

"Bhuel, i ndáríre, chun an fhírinne a rá, is ceist an-chasta é sin, gan dabht, mar a deirfá, agus creidim go láidir..."

agus bhí sé pléite agus athphléite ag iriseóirí, polateóirí agus saineolaithe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

bythewoods wrote: »

I wish my brother were that cool...:(

ammmmm....Cúla eacnamaiochta.......cuirim an milleain ar an rialtas....ammmm.....tiogar ceilteach?!

Major oral flashbacks!!:D

Just got the email. Even though I asked for the 29th, I'm on on the 22nd. Hmph.

Díospóireacht....lovely! We should make a boards.ie team!:D

*dusts off Transition Year Debating Team Captain badge*

(We won one debate.)

Let's do this!

Maybe there were drop outs... :D

Diospóireacht. :S.
    Feicfear.

Feicfear