Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Do You Eat Everyday?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Mentalmiss wrote: »
    I do notice a lack of greens in most people's diet and I understand that because I am not a green fan myself and went years without it.
    As a result of all of my reading I have come to realise that green leaves are a very important part of the human diet and we can not reach optimum health without them.
    I would love if it were not so because I would live very happily without them but I can not change the facts. I have some greens every day. I either juice them or add them to a smoothie because you can get away with using less if you break them down first to make them more digestible.
    To juice greens you need a twin gear juicer (I have a green star gold). I usually juice one cucumber, some greens (may include wheatgrass), 3 or 4 sticks of celery and an apple.
    I have to admit that I would prefer to have a honeydew melon or a few mangoes and they would be a lot less trouble but that drink is loaded with nutrients.
    A green smoothie is the other alternative. Put your favourite fruits in a blender with water and then add some greens (I add lots of other things but you do not need to). Because the blender breaks them down you can absorb a lot more from them so you need less than if you were eating a salad.

I'm not getting the obsession with juicing everything - I love my veg raw and crunchy, yes liquid will make you feel fuller longer but half the enjoyment is gone in eating it. I just got a packet of baby carrots from the shop, great snack along with some fresh peas.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mentalmiss

ztoical wrote: »
    I'm not getting the obsession with juicing everything - I love my veg raw and crunchy, yes liquid will make you feel fuller longer but half the enjoyment is gone in eating it. I just got a packet of baby carrots from the shop, great snack along with some fresh peas.

The reason that I juice is because I can get more nutrients by doing it and because it is a well known fact that because of the depletion of nutrients in the soil there is not the same good in a carrot now as there was 50 years ago. I can get the good of a lot more carrots by juicing.
    I described what I would put into a green juice. I can easily drink that and follow it with a meal half an hour later. I could never eat that much food.
    I would not juice fruit as the sugar content would be too high. Fruit needs the fibre to soften the kick of the sugar but veg does not.
    I have a great juicer. I have seen a comparison chart (done by The Hypocrites Institute) comparing the nutrient levels in juice made by different juicers and it does effect it a lot. The centrifugal juicers do not give the same nutrients at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Well yesterday I had

Breakfast: porridge with peanutbutter, linwoods seedmix and some dried fruit

Lunch: An apple and a bunch of sesame crackers with homemade bean spread. Then I went back for a green salad and some more fruit

Dinner: Veggie chilli (first time I'd used this particular recipe and it was delicious)

Second Dinner: (I've quit smoking, gimme a break) Fried peanut butter and banana sammich

Supper: well there was some cheese in the fridge and it was gonna go off so I had some grilled cheese crackers, made me feel really sick though. And then I decided to finish off the beanspread and crackers. And then I ate a bunch of peanutbutter.

That's not a typical day, like I said I quit smoking so I'm over eating and eating more stodge (crackers, bread, cheese) than I usually would :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

ztoical wrote: »
    , great snack along with some fresh peas.

OMG I love fresh peas, my dad has grown millions of them for me this summer! They will be ready in a couple of weeks cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

Second Dinner: (I've quit smoking, gimme a break) Fried peanut butter and banana sammich

ok, i wana know exactly how this is made! sounds divine!

• Advertisement

maameeo wrote: »
    ok, i wana know exactly how this is made! sounds divine!

http://www.nigella.com/recipe/recipe_detail.aspx?rid=20572

Nobody does it like Nigella :P personally I find it holds better if you spread peanutbutter on both slices of bread and put a layer of banana in the middle, and make sure to spread to the edges. And I fry it in olive oil instead of butter or margarine, it goes crispier and I love the flavour but mess around with it yourself, it is DIVINE, and it sorts out a hangover in ten minutes flat

http://www.nigella.com/recipe/recipe_detail.aspx?rid=20572

Nobody does it like Nigella :P personally I find it holds better if you spread peanutbutter on both slices of bread and put a layer of banana in the middle, and make sure to spread to the edges. And I fry it in olive oil instead of butter or margarine, it goes crispier and I love the flavour but mess around with it yourself, it is DIVINE, and it sorts out a hangover in ten minutes flat

im confused, do u fry the peanut butter side of the bread???
    i cant cook so id be afraid of setting the place on fire trying this! lol

im confused, do u fry the peanut butter side of the bread???
    i cant cook so id be afraid of setting the place on fire trying this! lol

Lol no, you basically just make a sandwich with very lightly toasted bread, and then fry it

Lol no, you basically just make a sandwich with very lightly toasted bread, and then fry it

ahh ok, toast then fry sandwich, would this be quite fattening? lol
    really wana try it, really sounds yum! and i have all the ingredients! woot!

ahh ok, toast then fry sandwich, would this be quite fattening? lol
    really wana try it, really sounds yum! and i have all the ingredients! woot!

Yeah I'd say so, it's so worth it though! I'm always trying to convert people to them

• Advertisement

Yeah I'd say so, it's so worth it though! I'm always trying to convert people to them

hehe! ill try it and let u know how i get on, might even have it for brekkie in morn! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

I'm usually really crap at food - forget to eat till 4/5pm then eat crap like a roll or takeaway cos I forgot to make something decent to take to work :(

But was browsing this forum yesterday and ordered a couple of easy veggie cookbooks that were recommended here :) then went shopping last night for lots of fresh yummy food and made a stir fry with chinese cabbage, celery, mushrooms, milled seeds, quorn "chicken" pieces, and udon noodles YUM!!! :D

Woke up late so didnt have time for brekkie but remembered to grab a pear, a banana and a handful of monkey nuts (forgotten amazing snack you can keep in your bag and it doesnt matter if you spill eyeshadow on them :pac:) so I'm happy its a step in the right direction at least :o

Will go home @ 3.30 and make a nice lunch and a dinner to bring to other work.

ooh ooh and I made houmous last nite!! go me!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Carrots! Sure isn't that all that we veggies eat?

Really though... today I had

Porridge for breakfast.
    Dough Balls (from Milanos, yum yum) and a portion of black eyed beans for lunch.
    A donut shaped peach (serious)
    For dinner I had a vegetable lasagne and spinach.
    Strawberries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

the cooking is going well so far :)

Made another yum stir fry last nite for dinner - loads of veg, noodles and a sauce made with veggie stock, topped off with a fried egg :D

Then tonite was spaghetti with quorn swedish meatballs (YUM!) and a homemade sauce with tomatoes, celery, shrooms, garlic and yellow peppers :pac::pac::pac:

Been tucking into fruit and snacking on nuts too :) Still havent managed to have brekkie yet but ive been having lunch so its a start.

having a glass of wine now for being so good hehe :p

Molberts wrote: »
    I'm usually really crap at food - forget to eat till 4/5pm then eat crap like a roll or takeaway cos I forgot to make something decent to take to work :(

But was browsing this forum yesterday and ordered a couple of easy veggie cookbooks that were recommended here :) then went shopping last night for lots of fresh yummy food and made a stir fry with chinese cabbage, celery, mushrooms, milled seeds, quorn "chicken" pieces, and udon noodles YUM!!! :D

Woke up late so didnt have time for brekkie but remembered to grab a pear, a banana and a handful of monkey nuts (forgotten amazing snack you can keep in your bag and it doesnt matter if you spill eyeshadow on them :pac:) so I'm happy its a step in the right direction at least :o

Will go home @ 3.30 and make a nice lunch and a dinner to bring to other work.

ooh ooh and I made houmous last nite!! go me!! :D

wow, ur doing better than me, i bought the books weeks ago and iv made one thing!
    i love home made hummus! want some now! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

I havent even got any books so ye are both ahead of me:P i'm such a slacker when it comes to making something edible, my best friend is bread right now:( on the bright side, plenty of carbs = great for an active lifestyle since i'll burn it all off anyway:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

So today I had:

Crunchy nut for breakfast.

Cous cous concotion with added kidney beans

3 potatoes and 3 corn cobs

1 corn cob and a pot of minnestroni soup.

many cups of tea.

And applies and grapefruits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

On nights so my eating habits are all over the place.

0830 Cornflakes

No lunch cos Im asleep. (hopefully anyway)

1730 Spaghetti with Quorn Swedish Meatballs and dolmio spicy sauce (delighted Tesco in Carlow finally has a few new bits to try)

0220 Another bowl of Cornflakes.

Now, back to work :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hey mr editor, we were just joking. :)
    Have fun at work, if you can!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Starbelgrade: This is a vegetarian forum aimed at discussing vegetarian food. Please remember that :P Your post has been deleted as it is about the food which vegetarians can not eat in their diet.

If you would like to discuss your everyday meals I recommend the Cooking and Recipes Forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=610

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

raah! and Tar.Aldarion!! You need to be showing good example :P If someone came in from other parts of boards and wrote that kind of stuff we'd give them hell. Settle down boys! Posts deleted.

Advertisement