Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ARE YOU A NOOB/CAMPER

Options
  • 05-07-2009 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

I know people hate camers or noobs...I hate them most when im just about to get dogs and out pops a UCKIN camper and kills me....you ARE a camper if you stay in one place and wait for people to come and then kill them.......you know your a noob when you use a grenade launcher and dont stop using it or if you constantly try and get a tank to drive...or if you use jugger naught sorry to all those people who are sayong to them selves "****e im a camper"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 GreddRob

A person who sits in a dark corner of a room, and just waits for people to run by is a camper. But a person who sits and waits at a area where people are most likely to run threw or be at is not. Its called strategy and there holding down a position. If you are the person that keeps going back to that position and getting killed you are the noob.
    As for people using grenade launchers and tanks all the time. There entitled to. There in the game and if you don't like it go find another game to play like pac man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 peterk12

GreddRob wrote: »
    A person who sits in a dark corner of a room, and just waits for people to run by is a camper. But a person who sits and waits at a area where people are most likely to run threw or be at is not. Its called strategy and there holding down a position. If you are the person that keeps going back to that position and getting killed you are the noob.
    As for people using grenade launchers and tanks all the time. There entitled to. There in the game and if you don't like it go find another game to play like pac man.

BLA BLA BLA BLA

Oh I'm sorry I didn't realise you were 3. You would of never heard of Pac Man so I take that back, instead just play some Mario brothers.
    It has to be past your bed time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

THIS THREAD IS SO COOL FULL OF REALLY GOOD GAMERS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 peterk12

GreddRob wrote: »
    Oh I'm sorry I didn't realise you were 3. You would of never heard of Pac Man so I take that back, instead just play some Mario brothers.
    It has to be past your bed time.

no im only joking your right!!!!!!and for the record i do know who pac man is he was related to hitler right!!!!LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Nerd rage in its purest form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Frank3142

NYAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Yeah and in seeing that your such a good gamer you felt the need to add your say, and WOW such good input. Congrats on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

I agree with the OP. I snipe an awful lot as of the last few weeks on COD4. When I'm in position, I tend to only move around a small area in order to get a view of the map etc.(ex, the rooftop in the middle in Backlot) All within my claymores anyway. :P
    But the noobtubes drives me crazy...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

LMAO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 torrential

OMG NOOB CAMPERS R SO GAY ETC ETC ETC...

If you get so worked up over a game, you need to go outside and sit in the sun for a bit. Feel that? Fresh air.

On-topic, who cares if people camp? As someone said earlier, if you allow yourself to get killed over and over by them, you're the noob. I see hiding in one place as a tactic, if people are silly enough to 'camp' in the same place for extended periods of time, they'll get their ass handed to them. It all balances out in the end. Just play the game and try not to get so worked up you forget to enjoy yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

torrential wrote: »
    OMG NOOB CAMPERS R SO GAY ETC ETC ETC...

If you get so worked up over a game, you need to go outside and sit in the sun for a bit. Feel that? Fresh air.

On-topic, who cares if people camp? As someone said earlier, if you allow yourself to get killed over and over by them, you're the noob. I see hiding in one place as a tactic, if people are silly enough to 'camp' in the same place for extended periods of time, they'll get their ass handed to them. It all balances out in the end. Just play the game and try not to get so worked up you forget to enjoy yourself.

LMAO exactly you camp long enough a bull is gonna run over you

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

peterk12 wrote: »
    BLA BLA BLA BLA
    How to spot a noob: see how they ignore the reality of the game... :D

=-=

It's funny when the same person gets killed twice, by each of my claymore's, when I'm camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

peterk12 wrote: »
    I know people hate camers or noobs...I hate them most when im just about to get dogs and out pops a UCKIN camper and kills me....you ARE a camper if you stay in one place and wait for people to come and then kill them.......you know your a noob when you use a grenade launcher and dont stop using it or if you constantly try and get a tank to drive...or if you use jugger naught sorry to all those people who are sayong to them selves "****e im a camper"

Oh no!! A camper ruined your *SHOCK HORROR* 6 Kill Streak!! Whenever that happens to me the first thing I think of doing is complaining on the Internet.

Tanks and Grenade Launchers are both in the game for a reason, to make it easier/harder in different game modes. If you don't like them, I suggest you try playing with traffic. Forunatly, there are still tanks on the road. TBH it's people like you that are ruining the CoD games. Making it unenjoyable for anyone who doesn't have enough "skill" to kill someone without using a grenade launcher. As for camping, that's a tactic. CoD is supposed to be realistic to a certain extent, and I don't see and army personnel running around, jumping and throughing grenades whilst complaining because an enemy just used a Grenade Launcher.

Boo Friggin' Hoo

As for Juggernaught: http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055609276

[/Rant]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

I find it hilarious when people use only a grenade launcher for kills and when they run out of ammo they cant shoot for shit!

And another thing why do people use microphones when there not in a clan? Its just for abuse?? In the lobby today some lil shit of an American : ' Y'all better skip or you don't have a mom' :confused: I lol'd

lol @ console gamers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

lol @ console gamers

?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

Camping is just part of the game, if I need to hold off a flank then I'll take out the M10 and try my best. I only ever play CoD4 on.. that iraqi map with the street,wrecked bus.. ugh I cant remember the name of it. Either way its great fun keeping the coffee and butchers locked down from across the street.

But it's waaaay more fun running about with the 47u chewing up anything I come across^^

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

jauggernaut should be in the ps store, it would be funny to see if people would buy it then they would be a true NooB :pac:

P.S I would pay anything for it if that was the case:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭ToughyIRE

safe

• Advertisement

ToughyIRE wrote: »
    safe

from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Do you not need a tent to camp? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭daveyid89

not a fan of campers... esp when its some random room that nobody goes into, and you wander in, reloding and get topped from nowhere.... very annoying... esp when u see them retreating ack into the corner on the killcam....
    tanks, snipers, grenade launchers are fine, cuz its tactic as sumone said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭tommybrennan15

no i can say tat im not a camper or noob i dont find it fun 2 play when im camping or the other players r camping its a bit boring 2 play wen your just sitting in a cornor waiting for someone 2 come out well tats wat i think

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Kirijoleth

Ever notice how the campers nearly always have the lowest scores? Though come to think of it camping might work if you crammed a large number of people into Shipment in CoD4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭CPT. SURF

I had a great one the other day. I'm camping it up big style in a room, a guy comes running down the street so I kill him. Then after spawning he runs at the building from the opposite direction and runs into one of my bouncing bettys. Then I move to the ground behind a car looking at the entrance to the same building. Guess who comes running back? You guessed it, same guy, boom headshot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭ToughyIRE

yes boi, even though your dire at the game yourself !
    anywho good day sirs, I'm about to throw up from the large amount of booze I drank.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

the only thing funnier than campers is people who bitch about campers. They score low (unless the other team are complete retards), tend to be crap in close quarters combat and generally are no threat to even an average player.

However....people glitching into unreachable camping spots ruins the game. Thankfully most people won't tolerate it and will give shedloads of abuse to the culprit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Theres skill on cod4??

FPS genre has been piss since ut99 and q3a

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Sealclubber

If you can't deal with someone who is staying in the same position then sort your life out. Cooked grenade. Kaboom.

Advertisement