Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Banned Driving Licence

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

seanybiker wrote: »
    Was only talking to me brother bout this yesterday. He said you can apply early with drink driving to get it back. He's a cop so supposedly knows what he's on about lol

The ban has to be for at least two years before you can apply to get it back after a conviction for drink driving. Some people ask for a ban of two years and one day so they can try and get back after 16 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 darcey999

Hi, I was just wondering if you hold a valid irish driving licence and are disqualified for a drink drive charge do you have to re-sit your test?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

darcey999 wrote: »
    Hi, I was just wondering if you hold a valid irish driving licence and are disqualified for a drink drive charge do you have to re-sit your test?

No, all you have to do is go to court, promise you won't drink again, and after couple of months, you get it back.

Got mine back :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Pov06 wrote: »
    No, all you have to do is go to court, promise you won't drink again, and after couple of months, you get it back.

Got mine back :D

Did your insurance go up a lot?

Did your insurance go up a lot?

Not a cent, dunno why ;) Probably because i paid for my insurance, even when i was banned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,282 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Pov06 wrote: »
    Not a cent, dunno why ;) Probably because i paid for my insurance, even when i was banned.

and did tell them you were banned? If not, you are not insured.

mickdw wrote: »
    and did tell them you were banned? If not, you are not insured.

Nope :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Christ. Please don't drag up old threads, and stop trolling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement