Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco cola

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

I hear the trick to tesco vodka is to pass it through a Brita filter first

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

mikemac wrote: »
    Tesco Kick is good.

It's basically the same as Red Bull but a mere fraction of the price.
    You can buy 1litre of Tesco Kick for about the same price as a Red Bull can, and they are very small cans!

Every student who has ever sat exams and pulled an all-nighter knows of Tesco Kick ;)

Ties into this thread if people want Vodka & Red Bull at a house-party.
    I wouldn't touch Tesco Value Vodka though. I'm not saying it's bad but it's just a few euro more for Smirnoff or other good brand.

Tesco vodka has fueled about 90% of my nights out. It's all the same, just alcohol and water. Yeah, there might be some impurities in it, but nowhere near the amount of funky **** you find in any beer, cider or wine.

I used to be a fan of tesco kick untill i found out about boots caffeine pills.

also, 29c swiss rolls ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

MrStuffins wrote: »

They recently got rid of the "Prawn Cocktail Shells" from the Multi Packs, the Tecso rip off of Skips.

But last week i noticed they have giant packs of those now, and for like €70.
    Truly excellent value indeed :D

Also: I really like Tesco Diet Cola. Not the Tesco Value stuff (29c), the Tesco Value stuff is vile vile vile, but the not Tesco Value stuff (49c) is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭ToTheSea:

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Indeed!

They're about €1.20 now but the bag is bigger.

They recently got rid of the "Prawn Cocktail Shells" from the Multi Packs, the Tecso rip off of Skips.

But last week i noticed they have giant packs of those now, and for like €70.

I love Tesco :D

€70?! How giant is this giant packet?!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Tesco.
    Cola.

phasers wrote: »
    Cola.
    Rocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

It's fine if it's ice cold and you're thirsty. The Spar own brand cola is way way worse than the Tesco one. I'd say it would be good for cleaning toilets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Well when I worked in supervalu one day there was avonmore milk a packet with supervalu milk! and another time a few supervalu milks had the avnomore lids on them, different colour to the supervalu ones so yeah we reckon they're the same

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Tesco's lemonade tastes like water with an old damp rag thrown in...

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭auditek923

i can tell you now that avonmore and premier daries are both the same . they both owned by glanbia . only the labels change. the milk is the same. same goes for tesco and supervalu branded milk, both of these are avonmore milk too just own branded labels.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Yeah but the reason they're cheaper is because they put lower grade milk(For lack of a better phrase) to lowerr the costs usually.
    Same way computer makers have one chip for 3 types of CPU and the higher quality ones are used for top-end premium products.

For the record, Tesco Value cola for 29 cent is disgusting beyond belief, its terrible, their own brand 49c cola is also disgusting but drinkable, their other Sun Spray Brand for 49c is pretty nice though. Tesco Premium Cola tastes rank though and it costs €1.20, it tastes nothing like actual cola.

Their Value stuff is usually sh1te, pure sh1te really. Their finest stuff are usually much better than other brand name things besides the cola

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

karlog wrote: »
    I refuse to buy it even though its so cheap.

There must be something wrong with it in my opinion.
    Missing alot of ingredient's that make coke coke
    Diluted with water or worse
    It's pepsi

Whats your say?
    It's not diluted with water as it's even cheaper than bottled water

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Tesco's lemonade tastes like water with an old damp rag thrown in...
    My brother bought this once, I had one taste and - bleugh! It was vile stuff. Tasted of nothing but some manky chemical mixture. Uck.

He drank it happily though... :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Bring back Cavan Cola! Odd colour to it though. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Ruu wrote: »
    Bring back Cavan Cola! Odd colour to it though. :/

Key-yah-vin cola. Brings back memories!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

after a rake of pints and mr smirnoff, it all tastes the same....hmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Diluted with water or worse

No way.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I've never tried the cola, as I hate it, regardless of what brand it is.

I've tried their value lemonade though - literally tasted like manky, fizzy water. No hint of lemon at all!

Although, given the fact it was about 30c, I can't really complain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭rororoyourboat

Does anyone remember when the n Tesco Value dilutable orange had 'wood rosin' as one of listed ingredients??:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭smiley girl

Is there any tesco value item thats worth buying

Even the tesco vodka is killer
    I could run my car on it

Tesco Vodka is grand, I was a bit dubious when I was buying it first but the price dictated I should! Myself and my bf thought I was good stuff, a couple of other people had a glass of it and didn't know it was Tesco. When I told them, they were like 'really? but it tastes the same (as other known brand)!'
    Certainly some Tesco Value stuff is not so good, but a lot of it is good stuff, in my opinion anyway!!!
    Haven't tried the cola, for the same reason as I don't drink any other brand of cola, I'm addicted to Diet Coke!!!!:D

Advertisement