Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cigarettes! Get your cigarettes here!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I smoke. I enjoy it. It is within my constitutional rights if I wish to smoke. I know it is not good for me. What is so hard about this that some people cannot understand. What next?

Why dont we just ban everything that is bad for us? Drink, fast food, cars, planes - the whole goddamn lot. Will people be happy then?

As smokers, we cannot smoke in a public place - is this not enough. The whole argument about smokers costing more in healthcare than non-smokers is a total lie. Look into it for yourselves and see. It doesnt take a genius to work that one out.

Lets just form a Nanny state where everyone has to be tucked up in their bed by 10 pm, forced to eat rabbit-food and everyone lives the same like a bunch of robots. Would everyone be happy then?

People have always smoked and people always will. Freedom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭waitinforatrain

Warper wrote: »
    I smoke. I enjoy it. It is within my constitutional rights if I wish to smoke. I know it is not good for me. What is so hard about this that some people cannot understand. What next?

Why dont we just ban everything that is bad for us? Drink, fast food, cars, planes - the whole goddamn lot. Will people be happy then?

As smokers, we cannot smoke in a public place - is this not enough. The whole argument about smokers costing more in healthcare than non-smokers is a total lie. Look into it for yourselves and see. It doesnt take a genius to work that one out.

Lets just form a Nanny state where everyone has to be tucked up in their bed by 10 pm, forced to eat rabbit-food and everyone lives the same like a bunch of robots. Would everyone be happy then?

People have always smoked and people always will. Freedom.

You know after 40 replies like this, I've still fail to see the post that it's replying to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

You know after 40 replies like this, I've still fail to see the post that it's replying to.

You should probably read the thread then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

btw, i hope the people giving out to the smokers don't smoke weed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

MIN2511 wrote: »
    btw, i hope the people giving out to the smokers don't smoke weed?

Why? I mean, its not taxable, and there's no costs accounted for in our healthcare system for cannabis related disease expenses.....

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

All what the OP said is fair enough, I'd usually say fair play for standing up to authority.

But this is smoking - give it up or suffer. If nobody smoked in theis country the HSE would be so far in the black it might be able to afford a dietician for Harney!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement